Tarpon Springs, FL
Students enrolled: 1,022

Posted May 24, 2014
I'm in 6th grade and I think this school is awesome! The music programs are awesome! The gifted and advanced programs are good. The Halls can get a little crowded but that's just school.

Tarpon Springs Middle School 2

Posted March 20, 2014
Not a great school! They have issues with drugs, bullying and some below average teachers who truly hate what they're doing and should find other jobs.

Posted August 05, 2013
I think TSMS is a great school. These are fine educators that do a great job academically and with discipline. If the child wants to learn there is opportunity to do so. The gifted and music programs are great.

Posted February 15, 2013
I had three children attend Tarpon Middle and they all graduated on the Principal's list. They were in the Gifted program and Advanced classes. They made many friends from many backgrounds. They were enlightened by the real world. Tarpon Middle is a great school that supports a child's ability to succeed. Many parents get caught up in a school's location, however, now that my children are in highly rated high school, the same concerns parents have regarding middle school are a reality in high school as well.

Posted July 16, 2012
This school really gave my son all the help and extra curriculam he needed, every school has its trouble no matter what some parents need to understand that not any school is perfect . You can;t run away from your problems . But other than that we enjoyed the three years he went to TSMS.

Posted June 05, 2012
My son is going in to eighth grade in the fall and has spent the last two years at TSMS. Our experience with TSMS has been very good so far, the teaching staff is exceptional. Teachers are caring and quick to get in touch with parents should a problem arise. My son's grades started to slip and his teachers were on it, I was in constant contact with them and we worked together to help him rebound. This school is much better than what has been posted earlier, while I cannot speak to the access to special needs students, I can vouch for students like my son who benefit greatly from the wonderful teachers we are blessed to have at this school!

Tarpon Springs Middle School 1

Posted August 21, 2011
Way to many kids for one school, to much trouble! Alot of fights!! Your kid is just a number and they will get pushed a side. there's to many kids for the teachers to be able to give your child the help they may need. I'm moving my son to another school!!!

Tarpon Springs Middle School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
Its a great school, that gives kids a chance to succeed no matter what

Tarpon Springs Middle School 1

Posted March 14, 2009
This school is horrible! The princible spends money on usless things like, name tags that most students lost the next week. and there are cops everywhere.

Posted August 21, 2008
The school is old but the administrators are all very helpful and patient. Even while being swamped with parents and children lining up outside their offices every admistrator was patient and very helpful. They are doing the best they can with the amount of staff they have. Since we are new to the school we cant comment on teachers yet. But I am very impressed with the staff so far.

Tarpon Springs Middle School
501 North Florida Avenue, Tarpon Springs, FL  34689
Last modified Tarpon Springs Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tarpon Springs Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top