Posted May 17, 2014
If you can afford private, opt for that instead of Tavares. The principal is focused on her title - not making the school an admired place. The teachers are subpar and leftovers from other schools and districts. The place has been effectively run in the ground to the point of impacting the resale value of our home. Our little one receives great grades, but hates school - what does that tell you? Also, the parking issue at school dismissal is a nightmare based on lax administration. Will not return after this year!!

Posted February 21, 2014
This school lacks the ability to properly educate students, and struggles with staff retention. I find the administration to be laughable at best; collectively, they are strikingly inept. Further, the school is overcrowded, the teaching staff is below average and the atmosphere is hostile for both students and their parents. Administration lacks accountability as well as competence. The facilities are subpar, with children being ushered to a stationary bike under a covered pavilion for physical education. As a parent, I was horrified to learn just how substandard the facilities and staff are until after we moved into the district. Regarding the ELC program: the coordinator is combative and miserable. Stay away!

Posted December 22, 2013
PRINCIPAL SO RUDE, NOT FRIENDLY NOT HELPFUL NEEDS TO GO SOMEWHERE ELSE WHERE SHE BELONGS, VERY DISCRIMINATIVE ONLY LIKES DARK PEOPLE. DOES NOT HOW TO HANDLE SITUATION AND NOT EDUCATION AT ALL. PLEASE REPLACE HER SHE IS NOT FOR THIS SCHOOL.

Posted September 03, 2013
Tavares Elementary School is a great school so far. My baby sister is 5 years old and just now started kindergarten, and she has been with Tavares Elementary since pre-school last year. I would like to thank her pre-school teacher, Ms. Davis, for making her first year at the school a memorable one. I would also like to thank her kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Laroe, for being such a great teacher, my sister speaks very highly of her. The office staff are also very sincere and that makes me feel comfortable leaving my sister in their care. This school definitely deserves 5 stars!

Posted March 29, 2010

Tavares Elementary School 0

Posted August 04, 2009
Triangle elementry DOES have a dual language program starting in kindergarden. And that school is in mount dora. Just to let you know.

Posted December 16, 2008
i think this is one of the best schools in florida and my son's teacher Mr. Swanson jis the very best teacher you could ever ask for. he is willing to drop everything and help my son. He is the type of child that needs the help and Mr. Swanson is always willing to be there to help and support him and our entire family. that is why our family was so proud to hear that he was chosen for the teacher of the year because is is the very best teacher you could ever ask for. Thank you Mr. Swanson for all your help andlove and support you are truley the greatest gift for Lucas. he loves you and he is so proud to say that you are is teacher. you are an excellent teacher and person. Keep up the good work

Posted October 25, 2008
My child is ADD they told me to put him on meds and basicly swept him under the rug. I now have him private school and what a change! D's to all A's on his first report card.

Posted October 24, 2008
Hello Tavares Elementary!!! I have (2) grandchildren in your school and they seem to love going to school everyday! How great is that? Anyway, thank you to all the administrators, teachers, and school staff who care for and teacher my grandkids. I am a 34 year veteran of the Broward County School System. It is not easy sometimes to deal with kids, but how great it is when the 'bulb' lights up! Keep up the good work - your example is what makes a difference.

Posted August 26, 2008

Tavares Elementary School
720 East Clifford Street, Tavares, FL  32778
Last modified Tavares Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tavares Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews.