No rating

Liberty Christian Prep

Private | PK-12 | 230 students

Living in Tavares

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $95,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $830.

Posted today

They must be doing something right! This school is growing like crazy! Our family has been a part of the LCP family for over 4 years now and this is the biggest enrollment we have seen. They are making many improvements and additions around the school, and it looks better than ever. I'm excited to have my children be a part of this great school. In my opinion, it's the best school in Lake County!

Posted today

So happy to have found Liberty! We have attended for several years now and I have nothing but great things to say. My children love going to school everyday, and their grades continue to soar. All three of them were on Dean's list for all 4 quarters last year! The teachers and staff are amazing, and have a true vested interest in their students. If you're looking for a great school in Lake County, definitely check out LCP!

Posted today

Just started my second year working at LCP. What a great experience! I really love what I do, and the teachers and staff work so well together. The students are great and it is a blessing to get to know them and their families a little more each year. I hope to work here for many years to come :)
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted today

Our family has been at Liberty Christian going on 12 years. Our oldest has graduated and has been very successful in college and in the work place. We have 3 more that are still attending and we can not imagine sending them anywhere else! Liberty provides a solid education and a safe environment in a Christian setting.

Posted December 10, 2013

I am thrilled and grateful for the Christian atmosphere, caring teachers, and kind students. Moving my family to this school was the best decision we ever made. My second grader is so far ahead of his friends in the neighborhood that their parents are asking me where he's going. I look forward to many more years of excellence.

Posted October 31, 2013

I have had my Son in a few schools in our area, before Liberty! My Son loves to learn, and comes home happy, and excited about what he learned that day! Way to Go!

Posted July 19, 2013

If you want your children to go to a school that had No high school students on the deans list and only 1 on the A/B honor roll last year then you should choose Liberty!!! This is a school where the Principal and the Pastor want your money!!!! They are full of EMPTY promises!!! The Principal is more concerned with following the dress code rules then anything!! The Pastor is more concerned with making it HIS own and stripping it of everything that made it the Great school it was!!!! Don't make the mistake I did!!! This school does Nothing to prepare your children for college!!!!

Posted June 28, 2013

I AM A STUDENT HERE AT LIBERTY CHRISTIAN....! I actually like this school. I came from Tavares & this will be my 3rd year attending LCA... It could be improved in a lot of ways but its a good school regardless. Everybody in the high school gets along & we all trust each other... The "jocks" are friends with the "nerds" & vice versa.. I really enjoy this school but we ALL hate the new BJU curriculum, we'd rather go back to Abeka, & have NO iPads. Also, the teachers truly do care about us & help us in every way possible. All though, a couple of us students agree that we need a new pastor & principal, it's all good.... The teachers are amazing! I would DEFINETLY reccommend this school to those who think of placing there children here... DO IT(: BTW-We need more HighSchool kids hahaha

Posted June 14, 2013

This school is one of the worst mistakes I ever made!!!! They actually charged families thousands of dollars 8 months into the school year saying it was owed from the previous year!! The Principal cannot tell the truth to save her life!!! They kept the high school math teacher for most of the year knowing that he could not teach math!!! Our children were having to tell him how to do the math!! They only want money they have No christian morals at all!!!!!!

Posted May 24, 2013

We are just finishing up our 3rd year at LCA, now LCP, and we absolutely LOVE it! After reading a few of the other negative comments, I have to wonder where they are coming from. I have 3 children at the school, and have interacted with all of the teachers. We have not had a single negative experience yet, and my children are all on the A, B Honor Roll, or higher. We have both homeschooled and used the public school system before attending Liberty, and I can say that their curriculum is FAR more competitive than the public school system. Don't let a few bad apples spoil the whole bunch. If you are looking for a GREAT private school in Lake County, come visit Liberty Chrisitan Prep. They would be happy to show you around :)

Posted May 10, 2013

This school is very money hungry. Yes, it is the least expensive private school in the area, but all they care about is money. Also, when a field trip comes up. It'll probably get cancelled, and then you will have to go through a nightmare to get your money back. Good luck.

Posted January 11, 2013

Least expensive school in Lake County. Some teachers don't have any experience. Because of this, you need to hire a tutor so your child wouldn't fail.

Posted January 9, 2013

We are thrilled to have found this school! We have recommended this to our friends and two have enrolled this past quarter. The leadership is strong, teachers are professional, and students are learning. All of this with care, nurturing, and God's love. Who could ask for more?

Posted December 11, 2012

Some teachers need serious training when it comes to classroom management. Compared to the public system, the curriculum is very poor. Although some teachers know what to do in the classroom , others don't have any experience. Your child will be the one affected.

Posted November 4, 2012

I love this school! The children are well mannered, work hard, and show God'd love.

Posted September 25, 2012

My child in in the second grade with a wonderful teacher. We are thrilled at the challenging work and the emphasis on Christ's love. Knowing that our child can grow and learn all through high school in this Christian environment is a blessing.

Posted September 24, 2012

My family is thrilled to have found this jewel of Lake County! The academics are above other public and private schools, the students are compassionate, and the staff is wonderful. This school share's God's Word with example!

Posted May 15, 2010

Before posting my comments, I read through all previous reviews. The one thing that stands out is that this school has improved. The staff and administration has come a long way for the better. As humans, we are three dimensional with body, soul, and spirit. While academics is the prime reason for this education, it is no less important to nourish your spirit and body as well. While not perfect, the school does provide for physical exercise, and also has Christ-centered biblical training for the spirit. Academically, my children were "fully reading and writing" 2/3's way through kindergarten; and with parental support, behaving extraordinarily well. The one in 2nd grade now can read fluently (barring special names) from the King James Version of the Bible, which many adults admittedly have difficulty with. For the reasons herein, I believe the school deserves at least four stars. I will recommend it.

Posted December 1, 2009

My kids are in 2nd and 4th grade and been going to Liberty for 2 years now. They love this school and so do myself and their father. Would recommend it to anyone!

Posted December 12, 2008

I am a student and have been a student at Liberty for my whole life. I must say that it is very excellent. Execellance is demanded there simply because they know that it is available. The staff is family. They actually know your name, and it is a great enviroment for your teenagers my age to socialize. Not only the faculty, but the student body, as a whole, is family. It truely is a great place to go to and i am glad that my parents made the smart choice of keeping me here. and a quick note to the parents concerning education levels..your kids do not apply themselves. I know because i am a student and i know how it goes. Just because your student does not have a proper role model to follow does not mean that you can take your anger out on the school. It's quite ridiculous.
—Submitted by a student

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 3%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

Associations
  • FAACS
Fax number
  • (352) 343-2424

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious