Public charter
Temple Terrace, FL

Posted May 28, 2015
I have been teaching since 2008. So I am very familiar with problems and concerns of charter school education systems. This school has one of the best disciplinary teams I've ever come across. I haven't seen a single fight. The students enter the classroom and get right to work. The staff is pleasant and the parents are very supportive. Every teacher has at least one student that really tests them. These students are very low in number bec they have a system for self accountability in place. The students must get high marks in conduct for every class, every day, or face a consequence of detention/suspension. It works. The other Temple Terrace charter school is just the opposite.

Posted April 13, 2015
As a teacher who is now completing my 2nd year at Woodmont, I love it! I have taught middle school for 10+ years, and Bullying, fights, drama is all part of middle school. I believe our administration team is working the best they can to help each and every student. I know I do everyday when I go in my class. Getting Woodmont to be a successful school is a job that all the teachers, administration and students are working on together. #Wildcats1

Posted August 01, 2014
As with any parent, I have been seeking a school that would take on the same principals as I myself would like instilled in my child. Our children are placed in their care and are subject to their guidance and it is important that we all share the same values. Woodmont has help guide my children these last two years, and I am pleased with so many aspects of the lessons they have learned academically as well as daily life lessons. Most of the issues do not fall on the staff, I personally believe that it is the lack of involvement with many parents. In which you would find in any school. EXCEPT for the fact that you find teachers at Woodmont that are completely aware of the scenario and choose to take on the daily struggles still. I/we thank you! Give credit when credit is due!! GO WILDCATS!!

Woodmont Charter School 1

Posted May 21, 2014
We can obviously tell that the person who wrote the comment on April 6, 2014 is an employee from the school. The person wrote " We take care of bullying". Really??? Not so smart or bright. This school changed administrators and even added a person to handle discipline. This is the same person who was from Woodmonts sister school in riverview. And from what I saw on the website, he was the same person over there and did not handle a thing. The school still does not have small group settings and the kids left are leaving because there is no plan. The new administration came in like if they were going to achieve something. However, they have not done a thing. So much for charter schools taking over the public. I took my child out, not because of bullying. But I took him out because they were not consistent, non responses as I would not get communication from the substitutes. That is another reason, the teachers their left and they now have only subs.

Posted May 02, 2014
The school is working hard . I am currently a student there . Overall the teachers do try to teach students . Tammy Gilmore review was incorrect . She was unable to teach me and my classmates . The school itself is striving .

Posted April 06, 2014
I have read many of the reviews and can say that they are even on both sides. Some parents feel the school is doing well, while others don't. I disagree with the parent who had to pull her child due to bullying. At Woodmont we take care to prevent bullying from happening. Anyone who is being bullied is asked to report it right away and the bully is reprimanded and the parent/guardian is notified. There are consequences for everything done at Woodmont. Good actions receive good consequences and bad ones get bad consequences. It is the choice of the student which one he/she receives. Woodmont is a good school in which students are given every opportunity to achieve and get ahead in life.

Woodmont Charter School 1

Posted January 13, 2014
Bullying runs rampant with no assistance from the administration or guidance counselor. After numerous emails to all levels of administration and parent teacher conferences with the other child's parent we ended up pulling our child out of this school. A reported instance to the guidance counselor was met with a "mind your own business". When a email addressing this concern was sent , no explanation was provided. The problem with my child was well documented on an almost monthly basis without a suitable or even noticeable outcome. No child should be subject to the levels of abuse and intimidation that my son went through (including physical violence and death threats). Unless major changes all around occur I would not recommend this school to my worst enemy. It's a shame, really. From what I could tell the teachers cared about the students, but the students are out of control and making an unsafe environment for those who want to be there.

Posted October 12, 2013
I have three children at Woodmont, all in middle school, grades 6th, 7th, and 8th. This is year three for the oldest, and year two for the two younger ones. Woodmont has seen it share of problems from the beginning, but like anything running in beta mode, the bugs are worked out over time. There is no such thing as a perfect school, particularly middle school. This age group is the cruelest in my opinion. I haven't forgotten my own middle school experience. Overall, my children are happy, and so am I. I believe Principal Epstein and the new dean, along with all the staff, are working hard to make Woodmont a safe learning environment. The most unruly children learn their behavior at home, and their parents will scream the loudest about their children's learning difficulties being all the school's fault. Not so! If you aren't teaching your children to respect others at home, they aren't going to do it at school. Mr. Fisher is the greatest teacher ever, and has helped my special-needs son tremendously over the last few years. My children are not house plants-I can't filter every bad thing out of their lives-so instead I teach them to learn positive, productive lessons from all things

Posted September 20, 2013
woodmont charter school it got every thing that the student need like laptops smart boards it is the best school ever

Posted August 13, 2013
I am very excited for my son to start kindergarten! I've had my nieces and nephews go there and its awesome! Its all how dedicated you are to ur childs education. I've came from horrible schools and I'm a succesful woman. Can't wait to see what this school year brings!!

Woodmont Charter School
10402 North 56th Street, Temple Terrace, FL  33617
Last modified Woodmont Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Woodmont Charter School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top