Temple Terrace, FL

Posted September 29, 2015
We have been here since Kindergarten and it has been a great school for us. It is a very diverse population with a good balance.

Lewis Elementary School 4

Posted May 26, 2015
Lewis went through a lot of changes due to the district's boundary switches. The teachers are working hard to meet all of the challenges in the middle of these changes. The parents who are unhappy with the school add to the mess; they don't want to hear about their own kids. Stay the course, Lewis leadership.

Lewis Elementary School 1

Posted January 26, 2015
Did not satisfy the needs of my boys, their in the ESE program and I don't recommend this school. No safety kids can walk out with no problem, also one time the called so I can pick up my son because he got ill, I don't even know who was the lady that brought my son to me she did not introduce herself just said " he's your son and we need a note from the Dr before he comes back". It seems like they are just their for the check cause they lost their compassion and I know its tough esp with a child that has special needs, but if your fed up then change your career because these kids aswell as all kids need love and attention and NOT attitude. In spite of all this I never knew who their teacher was no communication at all. I recommend for ESE Pizzo Elem

Lewis Elementary School 3

Posted September 11, 2014
Academically we have been very happy at Lewis. This is our second year and I had planned on sending my 4 year old there for kindergarten next year. however we are having issues now with bullying. It seems like in the past, the teachers and admin have handled the incidents with a "band aid" rather than going to the root of the problem. I spoke with another mother about it today and her child has had the same problem with the same 2-3 students. I have also heard that there are problems at the bike lock. My child is having problems in the cafeteria and playground. I plan on emailing the principal tomorrow and seeing if that helps. It is very upsetting that I have to worry about my child all day.

Posted April 17, 2014
I love Lewis school and my son he proved A lot and I am proud of him

Posted September 13, 2013
Lewis Elementary is an excellent school for kids to attend. Not only is it rated one of the best elementary schools in the area, the sense of community and togetherness that you have when you are at the school is overwhelming. The teachers and administration strive to make this school one of the best in Tampa. In turn, the students that attend the school are excited to attend and want to learn so they can be high achievers.

Posted September 09, 2013
We have returned for first grade. My daughter has excelled at this school and is above grade level. The teachers are excellent and the staff has been very supportive and works hard to make sure its students have what they need. We have friends in nearby A schools and private schools and my daughter is on or above their reading and math levels. PTA is also outstanding and very involved which is extremely important. We love Lewis and my daughter is getting a top notch education!!

Posted January 18, 2013
I really love Lewis. The staff and students are awesome.You can even take home animals from your teachers. Even though there are a few arguments here and there but that was a long time ago. I would suggest that you take your child to that school.

Lewis Elementary School 3

Posted January 02, 2013
My daughter is starting in 2013 we are looking around for a good school in temple terrace area

Posted November 27, 2012
I love lewis elementary. I went from kindergarden through fourth grade and i wish i couldve finished it off with fifth grade. Its a wonderful place to be and scince third grade i was in the a.g.p program which is a program for gifted students. I have learned so much from there. We took field trips to silver springs and the straz center, st. Augustine, ybor city, and more. The teachers are amazing and the kids are fun and sharing andscince there are only five stars i hae to give it five but its more like a billion and one! My name is ruh abdullah and lewis elementary is the best!!!!!! P.S i am a student but there were no tabs for student so i picked other:)

Lewis Elementary School
6700 Whiteway Drive, Temple Terrace, FL  33617
Last modified Lewis Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lewis Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top