2,984 students|Sumter

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS SCHOOL!!! The teachers really care for each student. So much better than the school my child was attending over the past 5 years. When I email any of his teachers, I get a very quick response back. My child likes it there but he has a long road to go due to his previous school just pushing him through to the next grade. I STRONGLY recommend this school if you love your child enough to see him/her succeed! I would like to update my review as of Oct. 27 2016. I'm reading through these negative reviews and they are ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS. My son is on his second year in the high school and he told me just the other day he loves this school and does not want to go back to the previous school he went to or any other school. As far as the reviews about they only accept rich, snobby, etc... I not only work in The Villages to keep him there but we are also on Medicaid and Food stamps. He is on the free lunch program and the school just offered to me free after care. The teachers come in early and stay late to tutor struggling students. All the teachers keep Skyward up to date, etc. I used to work for a company that cleans the schools from 5:50 pm until 1:30 am and there are not only teachers that are there the whole time but office staff as well and they are back there bright and early before students arrive. I can go on and on, but there are just way too many positives for this school. I have not one thing negative to say. But like the saying goes... Everyone Is Entitled To Voice Their Opinion. For anyone looking into this school and considering enrolling their child... I RECOMMEND This school 100%

Terrible experience with this school. Staff and administration are more concerned about doing what makes the school look best and not about doing what is right for the child. Teacher has no idea how to control her class so instead they kick out children who need help instead of trying anything. They literally (not figuratively) did nothing to try to address the issue.

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

Any disability or difference and they actively try to remove your student from the school

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

I am not convinced any of the administrators are teachers. If they were then none of them have clearly been in a classroom in a long time.

Had kids in public schools in Lake county for years. The charter school is like no other. Student and parent must do thier part for kids to go here. Makes the overall student body much better. No bus, so no parents that only want daycare.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

There are a few good teachers, but most teachers are just there because they know the right person. Since the school opened In 1999 a total of 2 people still work there that opened the school 16 years ago. They are all administrators. It has the highest turn over rate than any other school in the area. On average 2-3 teachers are replaced in every grade level, every year. With no job security and the high teacher turn over rate it is very hard to find or develop effective teachers.

Amount of homework: Disagree

30-60 minutes in k through 4th grade so far. Plus the time I have to spend teaching them what the school does not.

The high school is a great school. Most teachers are available after school for students when they are struggling. Technology is top notch. Students. An even graduate from here with a chef license, nursing license, or even an associates degree! A lot of the complaints on this page offer a lot information with no backing. Here are a few examples. If ieps, 504 plans or any ese accommodations aren't followed, the state would be involved right away as they would in any school. I also. noticed comments about having to teach their kids everything. This comes across confusing for a couple reasons. One, most teachers stay after school to help students. Two, this isn't a mandatory school we are taking about, why not try your child at your regular public school? The answer is because the charter school is better. As far as only being high class rich families, also incorrect. Yes there are many people with money that have children attending the charter school, but there are many that are not as fortunate which makes it just like any other school in that sense. I think the main thing that people forget when reading all these review is that no one has much to say until they have something to complain about. Take the "How's my driving?" signs on tractor trailers. How many people call when they are driving fantastic? On the other hand, if the driver makes one mistake, everyone is quick to call. This school is driving amazingly. Hop on board and you will see how amazing it actually is. And one more little rant! I have read a few posts about teachers not sending books or notes home to help with homework. All students at this school have a book for their classes that they leave at home and then there are some in the classroom. As for notes, it is the responsibility of the student to take the appropriate notes. We need to start holding our children more accountable. The world is lazy enough as it is. End rant.

Absoutley wonderful school, my child has thrived in the school environment and enriched education skills. The teachers show they really care, the extras the school offers is amazing and the rating on the school truely shows in what they do everyday! The afterschool program is based on education and my son LOVES going everyday and hanging out with his friends. I look forward to many more successful years in The Villages Charter School!

They offer real life experiences in the academies. I first came to this school junior year, and I was afraid that I would have trouble making fried s because I'm shy. But on the first day of school, people were helping me out with the computers, talking to me and even asking me if I would like to sit at their lunch table. This school is wonderful and the teachers are absolutely AMAZING!!! #212

Last modified Villages Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.