2,984 students|Sumter

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Develops character: Strongly disagree

I used the reviews on this site when making the decision to move to Florida. Wish I would've know the truth about this place before the move.....now I have to move. Don't make the mistake....this school is not all it seems....don't be fooled.

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

In middle school, there are no lockers, so students have to lug around their 20-pound backpacks with all their books, PE clothes, and any personal items. I weighed my son's backpack, and it was 21 pounds! He is in 8th grade and now has back and knee problems due to spending years carrying a heavy backpack. Will definitely be looking into this legally. The reason for no lockers.....it looks better. The younger grades are even given high school desks where their feet can barely reach the floor and stretch to reach the desk but it looks good. It is all about politics, making the Villagers happy, and getting the numbers (students.) The students, parents, and even teachers are easily disposable.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

Oh please this is disgraceful. You better know your rights before enrolling in this school because there is ZERO tolerance for any of that non sense. It simply " your out" even after 4 yrs. No one cares.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

Leadership here is non existent. No giving a kid a productive aspect to anything. Just referrals and detentions.I think teachers get bonuses for handing these out actually.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

PLEEEEAAAAASSSSEEEEEE. Integrity and compassion???? Only if your kid is a little mr or ms perfect the rest are thrown out like garbage. The only thing my child learned about integrity compassion and respect is that they have no integrity compassion nor respect where it counts but oh boy the outward show is impressive.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Really they don't even allow them to help their parents help them.You people should be ashamed of yourselves.

Beware of the trappings of this school. They do not care about your kids unless they "fit the mold" and at that they just want rich peoples kids who provide funding. The administration will flat out lie and deny discussions took place or they have any knowledge of verbal discussions to protect their own interest. They refuse to cooperate to help a child succeed in a positive way and through around referrals left and right and then after the kid gets expelled teacher tells kid 'oh my would have never done that if I would have known that would happen here i will give you your grades back and try to take it back" REALLY.!!! Don't move here to put your kids in this school!!!!!!! You will sorely regret it!!!!!!!!

The best school in the area. They have top notch teachers and the test scores to back it. I have 3 children in the school and there is not another school that can compare. The children work hard, they offer after school activities so the working parent is not running around trying to get 3 kids 3 different places. My children have been there since pre-k 3. I grew up in this area and I know how bad the other schools are. I do not mind putting in my parent involvement hours to support this wonderful school. Yes, they kick out bad kids which is good for everyone else's kids. I love this school they do a lot for the children. It's the best place around to give your child a great education.

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS SCHOOL!!! The teachers really care for each student. So much better than the school my child was attending over the past 5 years. When I email any of his teachers, I get a very quick response back. My child likes it there but he has a long road to go due to his previous school just pushing him through to the next grade. I STRONGLY recommend this school if you love your child enough to see him/her succeed! I would like to update my review as of Oct. 27 2016. I'm reading through these negative reviews and they are ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS. My son is on his second year in the high school and he told me just the other day he loves this school and does not want to go back to the previous school he went to or any other school. As far as the reviews about they only accept rich, snobby, etc... I not only work in The Villages to keep him there but we are also on Medicaid and Food stamps. He is on the free lunch program and the school just offered to me free after care. The teachers come in early and stay late to tutor struggling students. All the teachers keep Skyward up to date, etc. I used to work for a company that cleans the schools from 5:50 pm until 1:30 am and there are not only teachers that are there the whole time but office staff as well and they are back there bright and early before students arrive. I can go on and on, but there are just way too many positives for this school. I have not one thing negative to say. But like the saying goes... Everyone Is Entitled To Voice Their Opinion. For anyone looking into this school and considering enrolling their child... I RECOMMEND This school 100%

Last modified Villages Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.