2,984 students|Sumter

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Too much (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Villages Charter School 5

Posted November 03, 2015
Absoutley wonderful school, my child has thrived in the school environment and enriched education skills. The teachers show they really care, the extras the school offers is amazing and the rating on the school truely shows in what they do everyday! The afterschool program is based on education and my son LOVES going everyday and hanging out with his friends. I look forward to many more successful years in The Villages Charter School!

Villages Charter School 5

Posted October 25, 2015
They offer real life experiences in the academies. I first came to this school junior year, and I was afraid that I would have trouble making fried s because I'm shy. But on the first day of school, people were helping me out with the computers, talking to me and even asking me if I would like to sit at their lunch table. This school is wonderful and the teachers are absolutely AMAZING!!! #212

Villages Charter School 1

Posted October 07, 2015
Behind the times, self serving, ineffectual and difficult admin..one size fits all methodology. no IDEA / IEP, intervention to speak of only RTI limited resources. The school even openly says special education is limited its in the handbook welcome guide, really? I've Never known a school that would limit special education help for a child, let along advertise it....smart students are easy to teach a real teacher or educator show their true colors when they can educated a struggling student successfully. I guess that sums it up. They divert money from special education to gifted program that I know first hand. Much more attention, time and resources are spent on gifted over ESE students. It's all about the school rating. This school retains a large percentage of students in order to keep there rating up. It's very disconcerting to me. One would think that the school is "cherry picking" it's students. But don't take my word for it I only work there. You will find out yourself and I hope you don't inadvertently set your child back. Someone need to stand up and file a complaint. That's another thing no one will because the school powers to be will blackball you and everyone knows it . There for no one says a word. As I said my opinion is just that you will find out for yourself . Best of luck you will need it.

Grateful to: Parent

Posted October 07, 2015
Thanks to all the parents that are understanding and know how hard it is to do our jobs

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted October 07, 2015
It's hard to do when there is so much infighting among staff and if you don't follow the company line you are black balled I've seen it all to many time staff come and go along with students

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted October 07, 2015
The students see it everyday the catty infighting and the way the admin treat staff.

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted October 07, 2015
We are only as good, as what we have to work with. And that's not much some teachers hired all the materials as the new person I find it hard to beal with the Sharks.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted October 07, 2015
To many teacher and staff meeting over nothing we cannot complete our daily class work so it goes home to be completed .

Develops grit: Agree

Posted October 07, 2015
The students see it everyday between staff cattiness infighting and they developer grit out of necessity .

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted October 07, 2015
There no compassion I've seen so many students held back (retained) for lack of school intervention to help struggling students. The students see it also .

251 Buffalo Trl, The Villages, FL  32162
Last modified Villages Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Villages Charter School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 75 reviews. Top