Thonotosassa, FL

Thonotosassa Elementary School 2

Posted July 08, 2014
I was very disappointed with the quality of education that my children received at this school. Some of the teachers just didn't seem to care at all. I would not be surprised to see them receive another "D" for this school year.

Posted August 28, 2013
Totally love this school and how friendly they are with the parents and the students. They are amazing! I could not ask for a better school

Posted May 10, 2013
So far school is great. Can't complain! My son teacher is a great teacher and if she have any concerns about my son's learning she contact me.

Thonotosassa Elementary School 1

Posted September 27, 2012
Several years ago,when we enrolled our child here,this wasn't the highest rated school around,but it was OK.Since the new Principal took over 2 years ago,it's dropped even more.Now rated as a D. The whole concept of teaching to pass the FCAT is a disaster also.Watch Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader and you'll understand just how handicapped these kids are going to be as they move on.

Thonotosassa Elementary School 1

Posted April 03, 2012
bad school when i inroll my son the principle did not look at me i was alone the whole time

Thonotosassa Elementary School

Posted August 21, 2008
My overall opinion of the school is that it's pretty good and getting better all the time. It seems that the principal can be a bit uncooperative at times, though. The PTA this year seems to be very dedicated and I'm sure that they will make excellent progress. I also see more parent volunteers, but still more are needed. The teachers are awesome at this school! Also, the staff is very friendly and helpful. I think my child is getting the attention that he needs and deserves.

Posted November 28, 2007
Good school, good teachers, good small class size! The schools does lack in over all leadership from the Principal. Staff is friendly and helpfull. The 4th grade reading program is top notch.

Thonotosassa Elementary School 4

Posted November 01, 2007
This is a nice small school in the country with lots of potential and qualified teachers. I must say that the Principal is very un-approchable. PTA seems to be lacking but overall a wonderfull school!

Thonotosassa Elementary School 4

Posted June 12, 2005
I choose this school for my daughter last year, and found it to be a great little school. It is not the prettiest, or newest school around, but the class sizes are small and so you get better individual attention for your child. This school specializes in Technology, but Art classes are not offered.

Posted February 21, 2005
I attended Thonotosassa Elementary from grades k-6 back when 6th grade was at the elementary level. I must tell you, I could not have attended a better elementary school. When talent arised, they tested to help further the child's education through the gifted program, or if the child struggled, they made sure the child received the help they needed. The P.E. program was great- they always had new fun ways to encourage us to participate. The music program had to be the best I seen my whole school career, and the parents of the children at our school were involved anytime we needed them. I am glad my parents kept me at Thonotosassa for the years I attended and will always cherish the help received from all the faculty over the years. Thank you Thonotosassa Elementary for helping me become what I am today.

Thonotosassa Elementary School
10050 Skewlee Road, Thonotosassa, FL  33592
Last modified Thonotosassa Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Thonotosassa Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top