Sculptor Charter School

Charter | K-8 | 531 students

Posted July 2, 2014

My daughter has been at Sculptor for 6 years, so far, and I can honestly say that it has been the best school for her. Are there occasional problems? Of course, but that is simply the nature of being humans. When a problem has arisen, I have been able to sit down with teachers, administrators, etc. and leave the meeting feeling like I was heard and that we are a team working towards a common goal.

Posted May 29, 2014

I absolutely agree that the front staff and administration is arrogant & ridiculous. There are DEFINITELY some great teachers there, but also some, alot actually of teachers who simply should not be teaching young children. The curriculum IS GREAT and why my 3 children stayed for 3 years. I am pulling them out this year though because the admin THINKS and ACTS like its a private school and NEVER side with the child. The anaology would be 'mean girls' in how these 'professionals' behave, and NOT something I want as an influence on my children. I am certainly not the only parent who knows this. First Second and Third Graders are not allowed even to reccess if they do not complete their work THEY ARE KIDS & need an outlet!! One parent I know accidently received an email meant for staff from the principal & it was beyond telling of how they view the students. It was regarding an intelligent child who had some issues & it was awful. Its a shame though because the curriculum IS more advanced than other PUBLIC schools. But this is just a public school with uniforms. I thought originally it leaned to the arts but it actually has less extra curricular activities than other public schools.

Posted March 21, 2014

This is an exceptional school with extremely dedicated staff and teachers. We actually bought a house in the area to be close to this school. Our son started here in 3rd grade and is currently in 5th grade. He has grown academically and emotionally at this school. The curriculum they use is excellent and the leadership is wonderful. It also has a committed PTO and parent group.

Posted August 21, 2013

This school staff is not at all welcoming or receptive to the needs of the whole child. They claim to accept all kinds of children including those with special needs. This simply is not true. When students with higher needs are not accepted, it is claimed to be due to the lottery system. Lottery system is definitely a joke. The office staff is rude and uncaring. I was hoping to have a better experience with this school as I have a background in education myself. Hopefully, the school makes a turn for the better and fulfills their commitment of being unbiased to students and parents.

Posted September 11, 2012

This school is for the arrogant and those who want to kiss up to teachers and administration. Our granddaughter test scores went down after attending this school. Teachers do not communicate and interest seems to be in what you, as a parent, can give them rather than your child's academics. We actually witnessed applications being trashed so the lottery is a joke at best. We had such high hopes but after a year and very disappointing experience, we're going elsewhere.

Posted June 10, 2011

Sculptor is an incredible school. Whether a child is gifted, has special needs, or is anywhere in between, they get the attention they need to excel. Everyone at Sculptor takes an interest in making sure the students are getting the best education possible. Parental involvement in encouraged and the school is a wonderful, close-knit community of families with the common goal of a great education for their children. I'm so glad my son is a part of that!

Posted March 22, 2011

I Went to sculptor charter from first grade to graduation. Not only we're the teachers amazing, and really cared about the students but it prepared me for life in high school. The classes I took in high school were almost like a review from information I learned in 7th grade, which I believe really shows something about the curriculum.

Posted January 24, 2010

My granddaughter has been there for five and a half years. Each teacher she has had so far has gone above and beyond. The administrators are approachable, they have values, wonerful skills in leardership for staff and children. The extra activites are amazing. They now have band starting in forth grade. Working with the teachers I have found that they all teach out of the box and take education to a new level. I have worked in the public school system and I can tell you this school has quality. The school prepares children for the higher levels of education.

Posted January 23, 2010

My son has been going to Sculptor for five and a half years and has gotten an excellent education tailored to his special needs. There are many opportunities for parental involvement and everyone from the support staff to the principal show a great deal of concern for the students, their education and their safety. The personal attention that each student receives cannot be matched in the public school system. I feel that we are getting a private school level of education for free.

Posted June 22, 2009

This school is by far the best in the area, as my children have been to four other schools before this one. The children get much more one on one than other schools. It is great for the younger grades because every class has a full-time teacher assistant. Many people hear myths about charter schools that are wrong, including uncertified teachers and large class sizes. These just aren't true. The teachers get along great because everyone wants to be there...why else would they take a pay cut from other county jobs. It is a tight knitted group of people who love what they do. What else could a parent ask for? If you are looking for the right school, make sure that you stop by and give Sculptor a look!

Posted April 27, 2009

My children have been at Sculptor since 2000. We could not be more thrilled with this school. When my older children moved on to high school, they were well prepared to be successful. In fact, they entered high school with 4 high school credits. Teachers at the high school have commented that the Sculptor kids are the most prepared out of all the area schools. The Core Knowledge curriculum is awesome. It's a hands on curriculum, designed to prepare kids to be successful not only in school, but in life. I highly recommend this school.

Posted September 15, 2008

For a school where I do not have to pay tuition nor deal with major politics, Sculptor is quite a value. For those parents who have not had to deal with sending their kids to private school, the politics dealt with at that level are horrendous compared to a charter school. Also, when dealing with our kids, we not only deal with educational issues, we deal with emotional issues as well. Flor example, is the teacher really being 'mean' or is this our child's perception? Every teacher that I have dealt with at Sculptor has been very receptive to meetings and problem resolution. Sometimes our little 'darlings' are not the darlings that we know in a school setting. I found this out over time with my son. If you find your child having issues, be proactive and communicate with the teacher.

Posted September 12, 2008

When we initially began sending our children to Sculptor, we were excited about the curriculum they offered and we could sense that the principal really cared about the students. In the last couple of years since there has been a new principal. Problems are not taken care of and there does not seem to be any genuine care for the concerns the parents have regarding issues at the school. When issues come up between parents and teachers, the administration always side with the teachers and do not really listen to the parents. We would like to say that the curriculum is exceptional and that is one reason that we have kept our children there. There are certain things that the school expects of parents; parents have expectations as well. Teachers should be kind to their students and not mean. There are some exceptional teachers, however, they are being drowned out by the mediocre teachers.

Posted August 5, 2008

We started out very pleased with Sculptor but as the past two years we have become not so pleased with the direction this school has gone. Issues are addressed but never solved, they put you off give you answers you want to hear but when you go out the front door the old saying is true here out of sight out of mind. It wasnt alway this way at this school but things have really changed so it was time for us to move on for the good of our family but if you want to give this school a try good luck. But keep your eyes open and beleive in your children and not always the teachers.

Posted June 28, 2007

I have two children at Sculptor and awaiting the entry of the third. This school has answered our prayers for a great education without worring if our children will be safe.

Posted May 25, 2007

My daughter just finished her first year at this wonderful school, and we just love it.It is really like a community where everyone knows one another, and everyone's goal is students safety, and education. I wish they would receive more money and support from the county.

Posted January 19, 2007

The teachers should be a little better at working with the students and explaining the work a little better. I am not very happy with Sculptor this year.

Posted February 22, 2006

my 3 kids have been in sculptor for 2 years now. we love it there. you get the public school that is small and personal like a private school. my kids have gotten a great education.

Posted January 21, 2006

My children started going to this school five years ago. When they first started here the teachers and administration only focus was on the students potiential. Now, the principal, several teachers and almost all of the support staff has changed and I am highly disappointed in the school. My first grader cried in the mornings before school and when I picked her up after school. She finished her first grade year at Sculptor, but it was a chore. I changed schools for all of my children and they are much happier for it. My first grader is excited to go to school in the morning again. The public school she is at now had to hold her back in first grade again because she was not at the correct level. But in her class there are others that left Sculptor that had to be held back too.

Posted January 11, 2006

We continue to be ecstatic about Sculptor Charter School. The parents are heard by the administration, and are also involved in a big way. Students are more interested in school when the parents are so involved. Our kids love going to school every day. They feel safe there because any problems are taken care of immediately and in a caring manner. At Sculptor, learning is fun.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2014.

55 students were tested at this school in 2014.

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

55 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2014.

64 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

63 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2014.

64 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 54% in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 53% in 2014.

72 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 60% in 2014.

72 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

43 students were tested at this school in 2014.

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

53 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 47% in 2014.

13 students were tested at this school in 2014.

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

46 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 49% in 2014.

46 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 56% in 2014.

47 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

68 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Writing

The state average for Writing was 78% in 2012.

36 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "A".

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 66% in 2014.

33 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 68% in 2014.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 64% in 2014.

U.S. History

The state average for U.S. History was 65% in 2014.

Ethnicity This school

Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2012-2013

Teacher credentials

Classes taught by non-highly qualified teachers 0%N/A5%
Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2011-2012

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

1301 Armstrong Drive