Trinity, FL
Students enrolled: 1,809

James W. Mitchell High School 2

Posted October 09, 2014
The school is horiabbly over crowded and keep getting more crowded from all the new houses being built. There's as much as 35 students in a class and makes it hard for the student to get 1 on 1 help from the teacher. The school has outdated technology. Also the school was not designed to have a lot of students so traffic and hallways are hard yo get through.

Posted January 14, 2014
Mitchell is an excellent school. Two of my children have graduated from JWMHS and two more are soon to follow. My two oldest daughters are in college and have received honors scholarships from Florida State as well as Bright Futures and a few other miscellaneous scholarships. I believe this is directly due to the excellent education they have received at Mitchell. The Trinity area is a wonderful place to live and the public schools are unrivaled. I have read some bad reviews dating back seven years or more which I find hard to believe. I could not have chosen a better community to raise and educate my children. My children have all flourished in this environment. They love their school and are involved in sports and social activities. I truly believe that Mitchell is the best preparation for a successful college education and beyond. GO MUSTANGS!

Posted October 12, 2013
Great quality educators, parent involvement, curriculum and school layout. Great team spirit~ They want your child to be a success as long as your child strives for it as well. Fantastic!

Posted April 18, 2012
is the perfect school if your child isn't a trouble maker then the school wont end up as a bad school

Posted March 16, 2011
All three of my kids have gone through this high school. The last one will be a senior in 2011-12. The oldest attended UCF and now works as an engineer for a very successful company. The second one is completing his engineering degree at USF. All three have received a superior education to the private school they were in previously. The best investment I could have asked for in my kids was supporting this school and its faculty. GO MUSTANGS!

Posted January 19, 2011
JW Mitchell is now an "A" school. I am the parent of two students at this school. One graduated in 2009 & is now thriving at UF and one is currently a junior at Mitchell. I could not be happier with the education & quality of teachers here. Both my students have been in the honors & AP classes, and if possible, I'd say this is the route to take. Teachers have been caring, attentive and always answer my emails when I have a question. Mr. Michaels started as principal back in 2009 and he's done a great job so far. In addition, the school population is smaller & no longer overpopulated now that Anclote has opened.

James W. Mitchell High School 2

Posted March 26, 2010
I have a teenager at J.W. Mitchell, and I find it very difficult to reach some of the teachers. Many of the teachers will respond in a timely fashion to an email or a phone call, but it is the teachers that there are problems with that can never be reached. I have even experienced this with the principal, assistant principal and counselors. It is difficult to follow progress of your child when you can not reach the sources. I have tried to contact the school board and was passed from person to person, and event the school board didn't respond to me in a timely fashion. I am very disappointed, since I try to be an involved parent, but find only closed doors.

James W. Mitchell High School 0

Posted September 01, 2009
I'm a parent of a J.W. Mitchell HS student. I moved into this area specifically for her to attend the elementary, middle and high schools. I agree that last year it was over-populated, however, with Anclote opening, that has brought the student count down, and also reduced many problems. Yes, some teachers do go there for just a paycheck, but then again - I don't think teachers are paid enough to begin with. Education is something that parents need to be involved with. Whenever I've had a problem, I have always been able to email, call or meet with a teacher with no problem. Keep in mind.......there's a NEW principal and I TRULY believe he WILL make a difference.

James W. Mitchell High School 1

Posted August 31, 2009
I pulled my child out of J.W. Mitchell after 2 years. There appears to be some gang activity and other criminal elements. I had the feeling my son was just going through a big diploma machine rather than getting a quality education. The majority of teachers seemed to be not motivated at all and a couple didn't even know the students names. The school is over-populated.

Posted June 10, 2009
I'm a former student of J.W. Mitchell High School. I graduated in 2008 and I cannot say enough about this excellent institution. I've read several reviews by parents on this website and do agree that the former principal wasn't fond of speaking to parents however, everyday I would seen him in the halls of the school available to students. The administrative staff is fabulous they we're always able to help me w/ whatever issues I threw @ them. This school is preparing students for a future in our community. They do an excellent job of helping students with their education and preparing them for the workforce. This school has managed to keep a high overall rating. Mitchell is a very neat&clean school with a better group of students attending with its location in Trinity. I'm so glad I attended JWMHS. I will always consider myself a Mustang.

James W. Mitchell High School
2323 Little Road, Trinity, FL  34655
Last modified James W. Mitchell High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
James W. Mitchell High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top