611 students|Okaloosa

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)

Addie R. Lewis School 2

Posted October 05, 2015
Leadership makes assumptions about the kids. My child was punished for something and no one took the time to actually find out the facts. As part of the leadership there, I would like to think they are also mentors to the children, so taking the time out to talk to a child and actually find out facts would be appropriate. I didn't want to believe the negative reviews, but they are pretty spot on. Stand up for your child and contact the school board if you feel something isn't right.

Posted December 11, 2014
My son was in the Special Education Classroom. I have nothing nice to say, and any statement I do say will be deleted even though my accusations against the teacher and school are verified and accurate. If you have a special Ed student in Okaloosa county-- McCay and private placement.

Posted April 15, 2014
My two elementary school daughters have attended Lewis for the past couple of years and we love it! The faculty and staff are warm, friendly, and easy to communicate with. They show a lot of concern and encouragement for the students.

Posted April 06, 2014
My daughter has attended Lewis for the last 4 years. I've never been involved with a school where the teachers, administrators and staff have cared so much for the well being of my child. The communication between the school and parents is excellent. The principals, Mike Fantaski and Jason Driver are down to earth, professional men that welcome any care or concern of the parents and/or students. The small student body makes the people there feel like family. I only wish my other 3 children had attended Lewis.

Posted March 21, 2014
This is my kids first year at Lewis and they absolutely love it! The teachers and staff are always so friendly. I love that my 3rd grader's teacher, as well as, my 6th grader's teachers are easy to get in touch with if I have a question (I have had many). You can tell they truly care about my kids and that makes me one happy mama! I highly recommend Lewis! It has been such a blessing!

Posted February 22, 2014
If I could rate this with no stars I would. We have mentioned to the school since kindergarten that we want to get our daughter tested for a learning disability and my daughter is now in third grade. Nothing has been done to help her. The teacher, principal, and counselor will tell you one thing but not follow through. She has been punished for not getting her work done fast enough and it is not fair to her. I do not recommend taking your children to this school.

Posted November 20, 2012
A very unprofessional school, there is little communication from faculty to parents, I will say that if anyone else has a concern contact your school board, A.S.A.P.

Posted June 06, 2012
My son attended school between August 2011 and January 2012. I removed him, and placed him in a private school. The positive reviews are very deceiving.

Posted July 12, 2009
I'm still a student at lewis. I'm going into eighth grade and I don't look forward to high school. I was a dancer for 6th and 7th grade and now i'm a cheerleader for 8th. I highly recommend this School. It will be one of the greatest decisions of your life :D

Addie R. Lewis School 3

Posted May 11, 2009
This has definitely been a disappointing year for us. Our transition from private school has hampered by the style of teaching and lack of communication and support. Unfortunately, the my child is the one that bears the brunt of this misfortune.

Addie R. Lewis School
281 Mississippi Avenue, Valparaiso, FL  32580
Last modified Addie R. Lewis School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.