Valrico, FL

Posted August 12, 2014
This is a wonderful school and I will be sad to leave in five years. If you can choice in over other schools in the area then you should. Most of the schools around are excellent but they do not share the same level of intimacy as Lithia Springs. When I do finally leave I would have spent 15 years there and due to the kids age differences. What was I thinking you ask? Not sure, but I am so glad we stayed at Lithia Springs even though we moved.

Posted May 30, 2014
Great school! I find the leadership at this school to be absolutely outstanding. They handle some difficult situations calmly and fairly. The teachers are definitely hit or miss, as indicated in many of the other reviews. I have two students at this school and am glad we moved here to be near this set of schools (we've been here two years). The parents are generally very involved, and the PTA teams up with the school to create some innovative fun activities for the kids that are well organized and executed. The school could be improved with much better communication of homework to parents. They have an online communication system, but the teachers are not using it. There is a lot of homework and sometimes we feel that we are doing a lot of teaching at home without knowing the lesson. At same time, though, I feel it's important for parents to play a role in their child's education. I would also like to see better integration of topics across subjects and much more technology integration as well as a thorough discussion of digital literacy and plagiarism. All-in-all, though, it's a great choice.

Posted April 29, 2014
This is the best school around, high quality, great staff.safe place to send my child in everyday.friendly teachers and staff ready to help when I needed to.

Posted August 16, 2013
Incredible staff and individual attention to each of our children's needs. Proximity to Riverhills Community Club makes the location ideal!

Posted January 16, 2013
This is our first year at Lithia Springs Ele. and I am very pleased. The staff is professional and friendly. They work very hard to create a happy, welcoming and fun environment for all of the students and families. My daughter's teacher brings out the absolute best in her students.

Lithia Springs Elementary School 2

Posted February 16, 2012
There are some awesome teachers in this school, but this year my 3rd grader and 5th graders have teachers are very rude. Some teachers call crybaby to the students who does not do well or would yell at them if they don't get it at first time. Also no attention is giving to the kids who don't do well. Teacher and parent communications is very poor.

Lithia Springs Elementary School 3

Posted November 09, 2011
LSES is a very serious school. Test scores, tests and disciple are held in the highest regard. Play and fun are scheduled activities. If you are looking for an academically rigorous school you will be very happy. The staff often seems stressed and unfriendly which is very concerning for an elementary school. The teachers use technology at a minimum. Only a few teachers have a web page and there is no use (in our case) of email to communicate school activities, homework or important dates reminders. I have also found LSES to be insensitive or uneducated on the unique lifestyles of military families and military children. They seem to have limited knowledge on how to manage and cope with these issues. The facilities at the school appear to be in good shape and well maintained. It also seems they have enough resources for all the children and there are no shortages of materials. The PTA is very active and engaged. They do an excellent job of getting information out to the families.

Lithia Springs Elementary School 1

Posted October 12, 2010
Major bullying issues which school seems to ignore or deny and this includes zero feed back on the zero-tolerance policy from hillsboro county school board. very disappointing..My child was crying sent back to class and told he handled being bullied wrong.Classes overload with adhd children which are very disruptive in class.My children helped get them the A ratings but it seems the children with more problems are the ones who receive the most benefit . school seems more concerned about receiving state funds &try to get ur child labeled so they can receive more money. past 2 years. I have had nothing but negative feedback and we are just holding are breath to get through this year..Teachers are great though can only teach so much when there are so many disruptive kids.They bus them in and have had issues with gang related kids/families

Lithia Springs Elementary School 3

Posted July 31, 2010
If you have a child who goes along right with the group and does exactly what is expected at all times, then it is a good school. Lithia is very rule oriented to a point of rigidity. Their ESE classes were moved to Valrico and this bothered me. They are not friendly about working with you if you have children with special needs, even minor ones.

Posted April 29, 2010
Lithia Springs is an outstanding Elementary School. The staff are great, leadership is great, teachers are outstanding and they really care about the kids. The facilities are fairly new and well maintained, with an outside covered gym area. All four of my children have gone to LSES. FCAT testing is something all public schools in Florida are geared for now thanks to No Child Left Behind, which is unfortunate. The only way to get away from teachers teaching to a test anywhere in the U.S.A. now is to Home School. For a public school LSES is top notch.

Lithia Springs Elementary School
4332 Lynx Paw Trail, Valrico, FL  33596
Last modified Lithia Springs Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lithia Springs Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top