Valrico, FL

Posted July 24, 2015
Valrico Elementary is really a great secret in our community. The test ratings are often a little lower; but, that is only because they have a very large special education department. Because of the special education, this school gets fantastic resources for elementary learning. The principal and staff are really the best. My daughter started at this school in 4th grade. She had struggled in spelling and reading at her previous school. Within the first 2 weeks she was at Valrico Elementary, her teacher realized that she had a learning gap from her previous school and gave her additional lessons to sharpen her skills. Not only did she excel that year; but, she has been a straight A, honor student since. She starts 11th grade this year, she is preparing for college and medical school; and we credit all of her educational success to the early,exceptional direction and learning skills she received at this precious elementary school.

Posted May 06, 2015
I would like to say that I have 3 children in 2nd, 4 and 5th grade and this school is EXCEPTIONAL! I can say that this school has come a long way. When we first were there the school had no organization. It was very run down and was a aweful eyesore to the community. I love the teachers who are very helpful and dedicated to the students. This year has gone by and the new Principal has been doing and exceptional job. The school also looks amazing thanks to their New Head Custodian who like the Administration are always on the go and making the school achieve new heights and make the school shine. I can not say how exciting this year has been and how this A SCHOOL Continues to SHINE!!! If the Principal were to ever leave, I would transfer my children where ever she would go.

Valrico Elementary School 1

Posted July 31, 2014
I had two children who attended the school. My kids were was doing great until the administration was changed. They took a fun learning environment and changed it to a school only concerned about tests. Parents now get an unwelcoming feeling and the administration does not want to help out with any problems (especially when a child goes from loving and always wanting to be at the school; to being terrified to even get out of the car and not wanting to be there). I have taken my kids out of the school since no help or solutions were given and I only received threats from administration.
3 people found this helpful

Posted August 30, 2013
Now before I begin, this isn't my school that I go to now. I go to Middle School but this was my elementary school and A great school like this can't go unspoken about! Because of this school I now have all advance classes for middle school. I've had so many fun experiences there and I don't think I've even regretted changing schools. Both of my nephews go there and next year my niece will too. I think it's possibly the best elementary school in the district. My fondest moment there would have to be the last day of school. Not because I was leaving, but because I saw the truth come out of so many people. I never did like music, not because of the teacher, but because I just didn't feel comfortable singing in front of people. But on the last day I had everyone sign my jeans, and I asked the teacher if he could write a note on them. And he did! A music note! I have those jeans stored in my hope chest with my biggest memories. Academically the school only does better I remember writing was my biggest weakness. I started as a 3-4 and at the end of the year became a 5-6. And now I write story's just for fun. Most of them are pretty good. I love this school, and I always will.

Valrico Elementary School 4

Posted April 03, 2013
After transferring to Valrico for the 5th grade from a public school that was ran practically like a private school this year is a wake up call in regards to behavior of fellow students. I can say that her teachers have been fabulous and all of our concerns have been addressed quickly by all levels of the administration. I would recommend this school to those moving to the area or for school choice.

Valrico Elementary School 3

Posted January 17, 2012
Valrico Elem. and the staff (teachers) in general were a pleasure to work with. That should not reflect on the principal DR. Knox who is as unfit for the job as anyone I have ever seen. A position like hers requires tact and social skill, neither are in her vocabulary. When you are talking about my kids expect me to be passionate and very detailed in my "interrogation" of those at the top. "I will take care of it" or "I will look into it" won't do it. Have a game plan and be prepared to share it with me. Most importantly if you are having a bad day/year, leave the personality at home and put on a fake smile. A little smile from time to time never hurt anyone!! My kids were both A students before they went there and remain so to this day, no thanks to the stern hand of DR. Knox. Hurray for the staff that puts up with her.

Posted January 13, 2012
My family could not be happier with Valrico Elementary. We have twins in kindergarten and each teacher is fabulous! The students are regularly recognized for their achievements and the school offers many opportunities for parents to spend time at the school. The principals greet us, as do most of the staff. One child has been placed in ECE and the process was handled with such professionalism, yet compassion, for our child and her struggle with Autism Spectrum Disorder. Both children are thriving in this school and we would recommend it to any parent.

Valrico Elementary School 4

Posted November 18, 2011
I have a child that is Autistic and he has been in and out of general education and ese classes over the past several years and we have finally found the answer at Valrico in Mrs, Wagner's class. My child loves school now and is learning! WOW! She has my vote for teacher of the year

Posted January 26, 2010
Awesome school, awesome teachers, great learning atmosphere for all!!!

Valrico Elementary School 1

Posted September 18, 2009
If you want your child to be taught ONLY the FCAT, and be in a school that your child comes home every day crying because they are being bullied . . .then this is your school.
2 people found this helpful

Valrico Elementary School
609 South Miller Road, Valrico, FL  33594
Last modified Valrico Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Valrico Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top