839 students|Hillsborough

Bad
Good

This is our first year at Cimino with our youngest daughter and from experience we can say that this is one of the best school we have attended. As a military family we have moved a lot. I can honestly say that the communication here between teachers wither parents is amazing. The staff is very welcoming , to begin with the am host ladies! We really appreciate all you guys do for our kids!

We moved here 1,5 ago. My two kids are in here second year and love it.Amazing school, great teachers, great communication between school and parent.

I am a grandmother of two Cimino kids. The staff has been above average in any dealings I have had with them. I visit the girls from out of town and appreciate the security the school has in place. It's assuring to know all the children are safe there.

This is our first year with two kids attending this school and we couldn't be happier! The leadership, administrative staff and teachers truly go the extra mile to develop and care for the children. They understand that education must be integral, including in their curriculum, the teaching of good character. Teaching the kids about respect, responsibility, tolerance (among other character traits), is as important as teaching reading, math and science. Our kids are so engaged in the different academic subjects that, when they come home, all they want to do is keep reading, writing and doing research! That was not the case in our last school. (They don't miss the TV at all, and we do have one!) As a parent, I am definitely hands-on once the kids get home. I participate in some activities at school but I haven t felt pressure to do so, or felt discriminated when I haven t been able to help. We feel welcome at the school at all times, and more importantly, our kids love their peers, teachers, and are excited about learning!

An all-around great school. Teachers really make an effort to know each individual child and address their specific needs and learning styles. Parental involvement is highly encouraged and this gives me a sense of being connected with their learning environment. Has a close-knit, neighborhood feel even though it is a large school; everyone from the secretaries in the front office to the Media Specialist know my children by name. They feel loved and nurtured at this school. Cimino makes an effort to recognize and appreciate military families, and even has a program for military children which offers them support and camaraderie. After three years and two kids at this school I have only positive things to say about Cimino.

This is a wonderful school with great teachers! The volunteer parent participation is amazing. We are a military family and I found this school is be a very welcoming environment.

cimino started out as a great school, but the teachers and staff are completely disengaged with their students with exception to the chosen few. I have had children in this school since day 1. I have been the stay at home mom and now the working mom. I can definately say the entire staff treats myself and my children very different now that I am working. I also have found that over the past three years it has become much more difficult to get information about school functions, so many of the functions are very expensive, and Cimino seems to have more clicks among staff and some children than most of us had in high school. The school needs to get back to basics of uniforms in clothing and treatment of families.

Communication needs to improve and be consistent! They need a regularly updated website with a calendar of events instead of just word of mouth or posting 'some' things on the sign outside - nobody reads newsletters stuffed in with 10 sheets of other papers. Parents these days are busy, so are the kids...Too much gets missed. Get with 2010 and get a decent website PLEASE! And use it to post everything! My child missed out on joining chorus once, we missed out on an after school function another time, and we barely got notified (day before) of another function. They specifically need to get on the ball with communicating the whats, whens, wheres, etc. to all parents... Some parents work outside the home. Front office staff, they seem very curt sounding to parents at times. Though more often than not, its just indifference. And the car line is ridiculous.

Parent involvement is restricted. Leadership states "'We're still raising your children for you, and we're doing a good job." The Tampa Tribune Published: August 4, 2007

Thank you to Cimino staff for not only providing my 3 children with a strong education, but also encouraging the behaviors and characteristics of a good moral person in our community as well!

Last modified Cimino Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.