No rating

Grace Christian School

Private | K-12 | 500 students

Living in Valrico

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $115,100. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $940.

Posted June 24, 2014

I am absolutely blessed that my children attend Grace Christan! They have attended both public and charter schools and Grace is the perfect fit. Grace has high academic standard in a loving family atmosphere. I have complete confidence in the staff with leading my children to spiritual and academic excellence. Grace has various sports programs and a summer camp.They also offer free after school tutoring to any student who may need additional help with any subject. The staff truly cares for the children and will do anything to help.I would highly recommend this school to anyone who wants their children to achieve academic excellence in a loving family like environment.

Posted June 24, 2014

My daughter attends Grace, I love the school and know most of the staff. They have been kind to my daughter and our family. She has excelled academically, athletically, and most important spiritually. I have gladly attended fundraisers and absolutely believe in this ministry. Anyone who has been part of a Christian School ministry understands the need to supplement tuition to help improve the experience for their kids. I would gladly do more. I saw a comment about "volunteer Dad coaches". God bless them. The only one I am aware of coaches Volleyball and has tons of experience. He actually owns his own club team, which many of the Grace girls play for. I only wish more kids would attend Grace, or schools like Grace. The world would be a better place.

Posted June 23, 2014

I recently graduated from Grace Christian, and I must say that the people involved with this school are amazing from top to bottom! I was constantly challenged to be a better person and leader. God was always prominent in our classrooms to our locker rooms. My coaches were amazing and helpful in addition to my teachers. I had a family at Grace that always showed such great leadership. Overall, I have been so blessed by this school. The time I spent in the classroom, on the court, and on the field at Grace will be times I will always cherish and be so thankful for.

Posted June 23, 2014

Don't waste your time or money. You can't run a Christian School without Christian Leadership. You won't find true Christian leadership at this school.

Posted June 23, 2014

My wife and I have been quite pleased with what this school has done for our children. Grace has been a blessing in so many ways. I read the review below today and wondered if we could be talking about the same school. I have a child in middle school and one in high school and our time has been amazing. Grace has challenged our kids on every level and the role models they have provided from top to bottom have been spectacular. The price is reasonable when compared to other schools and what each school offers. The sports program affords many kids,who may not be able to play (especially multiple sports) at public school, the chance to play high school sports. The teachers love the kids and the administration has had an open door to listen to any concerns we may have had. Couldn't be happier with GCS!

Posted June 23, 2014

Grace Christian has been a blessing to my family and I can not praise the school or the leadership enough. Our son has been at Grace Christian since kindergarten and he is currently about to enroll in 9th grade and looking forward to his high school years at Grace Christian. Grace has so many wonderful opportunities for the kids, from the high tech computer lab, sports programs, summer camps and highly academic courses, etc; it is a school that is continuing to grow. We can not say enough great things about Grace Christian and their leadership, truly a school and community that really cares about the future of the children.

Posted June 23, 2014

Our Family has been so blessed to attend Grace Christian School. Our 4 children run the gamut from Kindergarten to Freshman and we have been truly blown away with the education, environment, and leadership of this school. Our children are happy and thriving! The Administration and Teachers are outstanding, going above and beyond, to teach and care for our children. I am proud to be a parent of this school, it was the best decision we could have ever made!

Posted June 23, 2014

I recently watched my daughter graduate from Grace Christian. I am so proud of her and the choices that she has made in her young life. The relationships that she developed with her classmates and teachers will touch her and us forever. The faculty treated her with love and respect. That same love and respect was extended to her mother and I. From the Principal, to the teachers, the coaches to the office staff, the Christ centered attitude encouraged my daughter to live her life with character and devotion to our Savior. As far as academics, teachers went the extra mile to make sure she was prepared for the next chapter of her life. Her coaches prepared her to play at the next level, but most importantly, she is spiritually prepared to meet all of the challenges of a very difficult world and filled with passion to make it better. I would not change a thing.

Posted June 23, 2014

My son attended Grace Christian school this year. We had such a amazing school year. My sons teachers and administration are such great spiritual leaders for him. The schools education is top notch my son at the end of the school year was testing above several grade levels. My family has been very blessed to be a part of this school. The administration has gone above and beyond for our family. Grace is definitely showing my son how to be a caring, compassionate, polite and educated young man.

Posted June 23, 2014

Grace Christian has been a total blessing and wonderful school for our daughter. She just finished her freshman year of high school and came from public school, the administration and leadership was amazing! They helped with the adjustment and truly have the students' best interest at heart, they are disciplined and driven while keeping Christ at the center. We are grateful for the influence this school has had on our daughter's academic and spiritual growth. We would highly recommend this school!

Posted June 17, 2014

My children have spent the last several years at Grace Christian School and we feel extremely blessed to be here. We have four children and everyone of them love their teachers. Grace has something that most other school do not. They have teachers that love the Lord, love the school and love their students. I can't say enough about the administration and staff at Grace. The heart that the employees at Grace have for their students is amazing. We are so proud to tell other people about Grace. We know 100% that Grace has made a difference in our students lives.

Posted June 14, 2014

At any school there will be people who have situations that arise and every school is not a fit for every child. I have had one son already graduate from Grace and have another child who wild graduate soon. We couldn't be happier and haven't seen anything negative worth mentioning. We feel like the school has tremendous leadership and amazing teachers. There are tons of activities to keep the students engaged. Usually I don't write reviews of hardly anything but came across a negative review posted today and felt compelled to provide an opposing thought. I respect that a person could have a negative set of experiences but this has not been our experience at Grace Christian

Posted December 14, 2013

this school is good educationally but I can agree with a lot of the other comments saying that the teachers are afraid to do or say anything in fear of losing there jobs and the tuition is very high n they are always asking for donations and/or doing a fundraiser. also about the couches being not fit for the job because a majority of them are volunteer dads. The principle is extremely unprofessional . the main issue with this school is poor leadership! With out the right leadership the education will not even get to be used.the school has such bad leadership that the students are forced to take the lead. so the high school runs the school. OVER ALL ITS A WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY TO SEND YOU CHILD TO THIS SCHOOL!!!

Posted May 23, 2013

My son went to Grace Christian from 8th grade to 12th, graduating in 2009. Principle Barry McKeen was probably the most important reason why my son turned out to be a responsible, respectful, serving, patriot Christian American man. So..... If you want your child to learn what is truly right from wrong, this is your school. If you want your child to actually learn math, how to read & write, of history - including the constitution, while taking your your child out of Common Core curriculum, this is your school. If you want your child to learn about the Bible and live the life of Christianity, this is your school. If you want to feel your child is safe, this is your school. If you want your child to learn to respect adults while being a good role model to younger students by being kind, helpful and friendly, this is your school. If you want your child to really have the opportunity to be on a sports team, be a cheerleader, be in the choir, be in a musical or play, be a class leader or even be the homecoming king or queen, this is your school. If you want kids surrounding your child that do drugs, curse, bully and disrespect others, then this is not your school. Think About It.

Posted May 23, 2013

My oldest son just graduated from High School at Grace Christian. His 4 years at this school has been a wonderful journey. Teachers are amazing. My son is leaving the school very well prepared academically. He is taking with him the best education ever based on a Christian foundation. Grace Christian has a great sports program and many extra curricular activities. School staff is very family oriented and one hundred percent committed to the kids. Our family is looking forward to some more successful and fun years at Grace Christian with our youngest son . We highly recommend Grace Christian School

Posted May 23, 2013

I highly recommend Grace Christian School. Both of my sons attended GCS from 2006 when we moved into the area. Our oldest graduated in 2009 and our other son in 2011. GCS is strong academically and athletically, and also provides a strong Christian foundation that gives the most balanced education experience. The kids grow and mature academically, personally, and spiritually. The staff and the teachers love every child and really care about their success and future. They truly invest themselves in the students' lives. There is discipline and structure along with encouragement, nurturing, and fun. Our oldest son just graduated college this year and I know that GCS gave him the kind of preparation he needed to succeed in college and beyond. Our other son is halfway through college now and doing very well. I want to thank GCS staff and teachers for the great education and wonderful environment they provided our sons over the years. They are more than teachers and administrators. They are mentors and friends to the students. If you are looking for a Christian school in this area that goes from preschool all the way to high school, this is it!

Posted May 23, 2013

This school is amazing! The leadership there is so wonderful. Mr. McKeen (Principal) has a true passion for young people and wants to see them succeed in life. He is a true example of what a Christian man should be and he is the kind of man you want your kids to be learning from and under the leadership of. He and his wife Becky are a true picture of what a Servant of the Lord should be. They are always there if needed, and have extended a hand of love to any and all who need it. I would recommend this school as the best Christian school in the area. It has the best, and most Godly, leadership of any school in the Tampa Bay area (and I went to another school in the area.) Best wishes to any and all who read this and chose to send their kids to Grace Christian School. You will truly be blessed!

Posted May 22, 2013

My two children have attended Grace for several years. I could not be happier with the education they have received. They have experienced teachers that care about them and want to see them succeed. Many new and exciting things are happening at Grace and we are looking forward to the coming years.

Posted May 22, 2013

Grace Christian School has an amazing staff. Since we moved to this school our daughter is improving in all areas and actually likes school again. The teachers REALLY love the kids and are always available for extra help. So many activities available to participate in and the sports program is amazing. Love the fact that the teachers and curriculum are targeted to really help with college prep. Love that my child is getting a Bible based education.

Posted May 22, 2013

My children gave been going to Grace for a few years now. The best thing about Grace Christian School is the teachers. Their dedication to the students and their strong faith is what makes this school stand out head and shoulders above the rest. Daily The teachers are well prepared and academically challenge their students to fully prepare them for the world they will eventually enter. They offer a well rounded educational experience.

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • AACS
  • FACC
  • HCCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious