Sky Academy 5

Posted October 01, 2014
I have 2 kids here. My oldest is in 8th grade, been there since 6th. And my youngest is in 6th. They both really enjoy it. We like the idea that it's a smaller school. I like that my children are not only learning academics but they are learning the importance of being healthy. Having a healthy lifestyle, by means of exercise and nutrition is just as important to us as having a strong education. This country has a huge epidemic with poor eating and lack of physical activity. SKY academy is trying to change that. Very pleased with our experience here.

Sky Academy 4

Posted July 29, 2014
Sky academy is a really great school actually. The commit to their words with 2 active PE classes per day. The thing is, during FCAT week I find myself not really knowing the answers to half of the questions and going off of judgment. Maybe sky academy needs to focus more on academics than athletics? Also the locker rooms are a mess and we were promised new, two story locker rooms? Never happened.

Posted June 17, 2014
Wow, this school really had the potential to be great; however, the principal brought in for the 2013-2014 school year has just absolutely failed in his leadership. 2014 FCAT scores are out and this school has terrible scores! The percentage of 8th graders with a passing FCAT score are 50%-Science, 56%-Reading, 49%-Math & 42%-Writing!!! This middle school's scores ranked 3rd LOWEST in the district with only the reform school & 1 other scoring lower. That's a major FAIL for a school the wants to call itself a "High Performing Charter". I have many, many other criticisms of this school, but the academics have severely declined. Do your kids a favor and look to the many other high performing charter schools & regular public schools in Sarasota Distruct.

Posted November 22, 2013
The school was great I absolutely love the teachers with all my heart but one girl in my grade is bullying everyone and she was reported more than 5 times to the school and still wasn't kicked out the disciplinary people need to toughen up and kick the bullies out not give them another chance every time. This girl actually bullied one girl so much she left the school forever instead of the school kicking the bully out. And a few other kids left because of her too but were to scared to say anything . So bullying is a problem they don't take care of it unless they are boys the girls get away every time . Well if your kid loves getting bullied this is the PERFECT school!!!!!!! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Sky Academy 5

Posted August 25, 2013
The school is amazing, teachers are great, lunches are the best, and the system is wonderful!!

Posted May 29, 2013
Would be better if the school official would practice what they preach and teach. Having respect for one another. Not talking down to the students.

Sky Academy
701 Center Rd, Venice, FL  34285
Last modified Sky Academy is a Charter school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sky Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top