593 students|Sarasota

Bad
Good

We moved to this school for the full time gifted program. The 2nd grade gifted teacher is excellent! My son now loves school, is doing much better than at the last school, and the students and parents are very nice. Administration is firm but fair.

My son was in the ESE program, and while his teacher was amazing and got him caught up and well prepared for kindergarten, the rest of the school dropped the ball. I was told the speech therapist would contact me after his frist 2wks of school and sit down with me and give me tips on how to work with him at home. I also asked several times on my own for her to get in touch with me and it never came to fruition. One of the aids in the class was not only very impatient with the children, but I think she was down right mean. Not only were there very small children in my sons class, but most of them were very special needs. There is also no communication from administration to the teacher. Aslo, they lost my sons sleep mat and he slept on the floor.

It's a happy, happy school environment. You know it the moment you enter and see the cheerful, clever art work in the hallways. I'm part of a senior choir and have had the chance to sing with their kids. Honestly, they are so much fun and so welcoming that you know they love it!

It is the best school my children have attended.. The teachers are great and the principal is wonderful. Awesome school. Proud to say my children attended Venice Elementary School.

The teachers and staff are so friendly, warm and welcoming. I feel like they all are truely friends. They care so much for the children and I really feel that my children would not be where they are today without the help of this school. I have 3 children with Dyslexia and ADHD and all three struggled early on but with the guidance and care provided by the school they have blossomed into productive students and are at or above grade level. I really am grateful for all their assistance.

Excellent with dedicated teachers and parents.

VES has brand new facilities and some of the best teachers around. This is the right school if your child is the midline student. Or if you feel confident in letting the school make all your parenting decisions. If you would like to have a say in your childs education, then you may want to find a school where the facilities may be a bit older but the leadership is open to parental input.

This school came with great expectations but was a big disappointment for our family. With such great resources, they are difficult to access if your child does just well enough. Great teachers abound, but you may want to find another school if you need some help with ese services and your child is also gifted.

Venice Elementary is headed by a great principal. Mrs. Theresa Baus is both principal and VP. She is big part of what makes this a great school. They have a wonderful gifted program and this school also handles the ESE students for the south county. I have both a gifted and an ESE student and this school has proven a great place for both. Most of the teachers are caring an gifted. Like any school there are always a few who are not as devoted. At this school you have some choice about your next years teacher, you should take advantage of this option. The support staff is also fantastic and caring. More parents need to be involved to appreciate what a great school we have. I give this school a 10 out of 10!

Last modified Venice Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.