543 students|Sarasota

Bad
Good

My son's grades shot up to a 3.4 GPA while attending V.M.S. They are really hands on here and I would recommend this School to anyone.

Well... when I attended this school back in 2006-08ish, I can say some teachers were awesome and some were terribly lazy. In addition, I remember kids were fighting everywhere, regardless of security being there... possibly my worst experience of schooling. But as said some good, some bad.

I love the Venice Middle School band. It is brought my grandson's family together attending the concerts as a group. My granddaughter loves watching her big brother play his tuba. And, I love watching him, too. This band director has done an awesome jobs with these youngsters.

The principal and staff work very hard to provide a well-rounded and fun educational experience

The most student concius school i have ever visit,my son goes to this ischool after transferd from an other districk,his grades have improved 100% he is very motivated by the teachers taht at Venice midle school the show respect and the want to listen to the student inquires.

Committed administrative leadership and dedicated staff. Really following the Community of Caring model: trust, respect, responsibility, family, and caring. Big expansion in service learning program. Varied before school clubs and free class offerings.

it is not bad great disciplinary skills

My daughter was an A student at LNS. Since we moved to Venice Middle School area (1 1/2 yrs), she has been struggling. HW lesson's are not giving out in a way where a parent can understand what and how it needs to be done. I can't help her without directions. At least LNS follow a text book so if I didn't know how to do it, I was able to follow the text book, learn it and able to teach and help my child learn it as well, esp. (math) and I attend college and don't understand my daughter's HW! I've asked for help and had no responds. Choose LNS.

Last modified Venice Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.