630 students|Sarasota

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)

Posted December 29, 2015
My Grandson went to Venice Christian School and had an uncaring, rude, disrespectful teacher that should have left years ago. So harsh and didn't care about him as a human being...terrible for self-esteem. Academically no complaint about VCS. Then he went to Taylor Ranch, the difference was like night and day...incredible, caring teachers for the past three years. Can't say enough about how wonderful and warm they are. In addition, they have been great about keeping contact with my daughter to keep her in the loop. Academically he is doing great and loves school!

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted July 20, 2015
I attended this school way back when... 2001-05 and it has some of the greatest memories. Now I don't know if they still have those yearly events every year and all of those general classes, but they were great! The teachers were very helpful and inspirational throughout my time there... if only every elementary school was like that when I attended there.

Taylor Ranch Elementary School 1

Posted September 16, 2014
There are not enough words to describe Taylor Ranch. Sadly the district replaced a very effective administration with an ineffective principal and asst principal. They have little knowledge of how or what a elementary school should look like. No personality or real regard for parents or children. The entire climate has changed. Worksheets and whole group up the wazoo. Do not send your child!

Taylor Ranch Elementary School 4

Posted September 19, 2013
We love TRS! We came from a local private school, which we were very disappointed in and are so pleased with this school. The teachers and staff are absolutely amazing. They go out of their way to make both the parents and students comfortable. My only complaint is that the after school staff that help organize the parent pick up line are not always patient. They need to understand that you cannot pull away from the curb until your child is buckled in, which for younger children sometimes takes a little longer than they like. Rushing parents out of there before they are ready is a safety hazard.

Posted August 01, 2013
Taylor Ranch thus far has proven to be outstanding academically. Our daughter is pleased with her teachers there and has grown socially as well as academically at a remarkable rate. Moving from out of state to Florida, we are thankful that we moved into the Taylor Ranch Elementary school district. Thus far we are pleased with Taylor Ranch and most of the staff. The principal is fair and gentle mannered and we have nothing negative to report.

Posted May 16, 2012
My children attended Garden a few years back, and were extremely unhappy there. I quickly learned that if your child enjoys the school, their work efforts show in a positive way. It is true that TR does little advancement testing, but that's because they offer Differential Learning. I also volunteer there often, and have seen for myself that the teachers will modify their curriculum for those students who are more advanced, including the lower grades, like Kindergarten. Overall, I am very pleased with the communication and encouragement from the teachers and staff, and highly recommend.

Taylor Ranch Elementary School 1

Posted November 15, 2010
Sending my son to Taylor Ranch was a HUGE mistake! They pushed him through the 3rd grade so that they would not look too bad as a school. My son graduated the 3rd grade having not learned a thing the entire school year. Even though it was nothing but C's and D's on his work, he was not held accountable by his teacher. She clearly didn't care. Moved him to Venice Christian School for 4th grade and, let me tell you, it is like night & day! This school wants what is best for my son. It is all about caring! VCS is a parents dream come true. Taylor Ranch is a NIGHTMARE!

Posted October 10, 2010
***** My daughters have gone to several schools but none as great as Taylor Ranch!

Taylor Ranch Elementary School 4

Posted August 24, 2010
My 4 children attended TRS last year. My oldest was tested and moved to there gift/ advanced program. The teacher is an amazing teacher. My son loved going to her everyday. He excelled very quickly. My other 3 loved there teachers. My youngest loved his kindergarten teacher she is an amazing, caring teacher. My 2, 3rd graders had speech issues. The speech teacher was great with them. Very caring and helpful staff. The principal needs to lighten up a little but over all a great school.

Posted April 14, 2010
Both my children attended this school and I also volunteered there.

2500 Taylor Ranch Trail, Venice, FL  34293
(941) 486-2000
Last modified Taylor Ranch Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Taylor Ranch Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top