Vernon, FL

Vernon Middle School 4

Posted April 18, 2014
Vernon Middle School is a great school but there's always room for improvement!!! I like the fact that it's an family oriented school and for the most part everyone gets a alone, and if not the problem or issue is always handled in a professional manner. As far as improvements the academics area needs some help, but we have good teachers that care about our students and they will help anyway they can.

Posted February 28, 2013
The school is bad bad bad. I am or was a 7th grade student there . It was so bad with bulling . The make the kids cull i hate the school i am a ab honer student and i am disgusted by the way they are i wish the school would be shut down.

Posted April 11, 2010
vernon is a great school the teacher really like get to know you and the really teach the stuff to u the dont just tell u this is how you do it they teach you and show you i love vernon

Posted September 23, 2009
Teachers are poorly trained and uncooperative with parents. School seems more interested in FCAT scores than in education.

Vernon Middle School

Posted May 29, 2009
Vernon Middle School strives toward acedemic excellence in all areas! The teachers, staff, students and parents work as a community to help the students acheive all that they can!

Posted October 27, 2008
Vernon schools are exemplary! The teachers are the best with extreme dedication to instructing their students for bright futures!

Posted October 27, 2007
I love it here. moving from the city i didnt think i would like the towny town, but i am totally in love with it!

Posted September 14, 2007
Vernon Middle has very high quality teachers and faculty. The children absolutely thrive on the small town atmosphere where parents are encouraged to be involved in all aspects of their child's education. I, personally, was very happy with the education and experience my children received. It prepared them for high school. Just like the disgruntled parents who posted before me, my children are ALSO top students in their class, very active in sports, high FCAT scores, and socially well adjusted. The difference is when I don't agree, or my child doesn't agree, with something that happened at school or a decision that was made, I use that as an opportunity to teach them a life's lesson (i.e. life doesn't always go your way, roll with the punches!) I am thankful for VMS. I do agree and wish there were more funds for the arts, track, and other extra activities. GO YELLOW JACKETS!

Vernon Middle School 4

Posted March 08, 2006
The Band Director has done an outstadning job with the students.I have two children attending VMS and both are in Band (different grades). The Band Director pushes them to be precise and to pay attention to their music. The Winter Concert sounded beautiful. This school also pushes all students to read, read, read; and they have creative writing built into their Language Arts curriculum. I like that as well. I wish the school had a dedicated track, and a dedicated field for gym, but perhaps that's a funding issue. I also wish there was an Art class available, but I think that's funding issue nationwide.

Posted July 19, 2004
The teachers and administration at Vernon go out of there way to demean the kids and turn good kids bad. I am glad to be getting my child out while he is still a straight A student and top in his FCAT scores.

Vernon Middle School
3190 Moss Hill Road, Vernon, FL  32462
Last modified Vernon Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Vernon Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top