2,853 students|Indian River

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Vero Beach High School 1

Posted June 15, 2016
I didn't hear from anyone while my son was absent 23 times. That's not only on HIM but the school also has a phone service that is supposed to call if your child is absent. According to my record he was absent 3 days. Hearing 23!?#%#&& I was like WHAT!! However, I got a call EVERYDAYwgen he wa . -$1.25 in the lunchroom. NVR the less, he has summer school and I have yet ri hear when it begins. Not only did my son mess up his Senior year but the school was a joke!

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted June 15, 2016
How can they share anything? I didn't hear from them when I needed to! I don't expect to hear from them about ANYTHING UNLESS HE OWES MONEY FOR A BOOK

Vero Beach High School 4

Posted March 10, 2015
Ok! To the point;The guidance counselors are extremely rude. Teachers only want their paycheck! Sorry guys it's sad but is the true, We need to go back to teaching. Staff not so friendly but the principal of the school 2014 is awesome. Hope That helps someone reading this review, the School Board, Vero Beach High school and the staff.

Posted January 31, 2015
the school is great. A lot of the teachers are good at teaching you the stuff you need to learn. the lunch is like middle school only because they took away the chick-fl-a and panera bread but the snack line is awesome we can use our phones a lot. even though some teachers don't let you. if you do your class work and homework you can be sure that you would get and A or B. there are a lot of nice people, if your new you'll make friends quick. in the morning before the bell ring they allow you to walk to tasty-o's a great doughnut shop they are the best and the store that is just down the street. and they have heavenly wings and another restaurant across from it i forgot the name tho but they both are great and people go there everyday after school. but if you go to heavenly wings they kinda take long to make your food, so you might wanna call to order before you get there. other than that they are great and they have great sports with awesome team members.

Vero Beach High School 2

Posted July 05, 2013
I just graduated, i am from a foreigner country and there were people trying to help and some good teachers, but the administration sucks, really, they basically walk around talk to each other and that's basically it, some teachers do not know how to teach and won't do anything but send you to a different room for foreign students, i have to say that the person there does everything that he can do, but i mean, come on, some teachers only open their mouths to say to take notes during the whole year!!!

Vero Beach High School 1

Posted April 13, 2013
I am a student here at VBHS and I am a new student and my experiences here has been extremely unpleasant. I come from a small alternative setting at my old school, and they have done nothing to help me adjust. The guidance counselors are extremely rude. I am failing all my classes, when at my old school I had honors. They don't offer a Alternate program at this school and they do not offer me any extra help or any other program. They simply give off the impression that they do not care at all. I do not recommend this school to any student that needs the extra help to get by in school. They have no made me feel welcomed at all. The school may LOOK nice but the teachers are awful. You can tell they are only there for the pay check and don't want to put the extra effort into helping a student like me. I am looking into switching schools cause I simply can't finish my high school experience here at this school.

Posted April 21, 2009
I'm a senior at VBHS, and have been here all four years. My experience has been very positive. The large AP/honors program has helped me push my potential. Great teachers. The technical programs (like TV production...love that class) are fun and effective. And strong sports teams! Go Fighting Indians!

Posted January 13, 2009
ive gone to vero for all of 6monthes and i ove it... rock on vero!!! armed drill team and rotc are the bomb!!!

Posted September 05, 2008

Vero Beach High School 3

Posted May 29, 2008
I like the school. Coming from CA from an area where schools were riddled with nasty gangs Vero is so peaceful and and the school seems just the way schools should be for children. I'm not crazy about Dr. Jones. he has gotten himself in more trouble with parents because he just does what he thinks is right before really looking into situations, and then realizing his judgement was wrong and passed to quickly. The school could use a different Vice Principal. That si my only complaint

1707 16th Street, Vero Beach, FL  32960
Last modified Vero Beach High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.