Vero Beach, FL
Students enrolled: 2,789

Vero Beach High School 4

Posted March 10, 2015
Ok! To the point;The guidance counselors are extremely rude. Teachers only want their paycheck! Sorry guys it's sad but is the true, We need to go back to teaching. Staff not so friendly but the principal of the school 2014 is awesome. Hope That helps someone reading this review, the School Board, Vero Beach High school and the staff.

Posted January 31, 2015
the school is great. A lot of the teachers are good at teaching you the stuff you need to learn. the lunch is like middle school only because they took away the chick-fl-a and panera bread but the snack line is awesome we can use our phones a lot. even though some teachers don't let you. if you do your class work and homework you can be sure that you would get and A or B. there are a lot of nice people, if your new you'll make friends quick. in the morning before the bell ring they allow you to walk to tasty-o's a great doughnut shop they are the best and the store that is just down the street. and they have heavenly wings and another restaurant across from it i forgot the name tho but they both are great and people go there everyday after school. but if you go to heavenly wings they kinda take long to make your food, so you might wanna call to order before you get there. other than that they are great and they have great sports with awesome team members.

Vero Beach High School 2

Posted July 05, 2013
I just graduated, i am from a foreigner country and there were people trying to help and some good teachers, but the administration sucks, really, they basically walk around talk to each other and that's basically it, some teachers do not know how to teach and won't do anything but send you to a different room for foreign students, i have to say that the person there does everything that he can do, but i mean, come on, some teachers only open their mouths to say to take notes during the whole year!!!

Vero Beach High School 1

Posted April 13, 2013
I am a student here at VBHS and I am a new student and my experiences here has been extremely unpleasant. I come from a small alternative setting at my old school, and they have done nothing to help me adjust. The guidance counselors are extremely rude. I am failing all my classes, when at my old school I had honors. They don't offer a Alternate program at this school and they do not offer me any extra help or any other program. They simply give off the impression that they do not care at all. I do not recommend this school to any student that needs the extra help to get by in school. They have no made me feel welcomed at all. The school may LOOK nice but the teachers are awful. You can tell they are only there for the pay check and don't want to put the extra effort into helping a student like me. I am looking into switching schools cause I simply can't finish my high school experience here at this school.
2 people found this helpful

Posted April 21, 2009
I'm a senior at VBHS, and have been here all four years. My experience has been very positive. The large AP/honors program has helped me push my potential. Great teachers. The technical programs (like TV production...love that class) are fun and effective. And strong sports teams! Go Fighting Indians!

Posted January 13, 2009
ive gone to vero for all of 6monthes and i ove it... rock on vero!!! armed drill team and rotc are the bomb!!!

Posted September 05, 2008
I love it, just love it!!!!

Vero Beach High School 3

Posted May 29, 2008
I like the school. Coming from CA from an area where schools were riddled with nasty gangs Vero is so peaceful and and the school seems just the way schools should be for children. I'm not crazy about Dr. Jones. he has gotten himself in more trouble with parents because he just does what he thinks is right before really looking into situations, and then realizing his judgement was wrong and passed to quickly. The school could use a different Vice Principal. That si my only complaint

Posted April 03, 2008
I am a student here and i cannot stand this school. Yes this schools enviroment is crazy and it is hard to learn here. The whole ID things are out of control. They give you a detention if you dont wear them and that is just crazy enough. This school is out of control. I dont see how parents let thier kids go to a school like this.

Vero Beach High School 3

Posted April 29, 2007
The teachers are really great and really care about the students and are very pleasant. The Administration on the other hand are unprofessional and downright rude. My experience when in the Admin. office was I was kept waiting and they made you feel like you were bothering them. Why so many assistant principals? They walk around at dismissal time and never smile or acknowledge parents as they pick up their children. I think they should go back to school and learn interpersonal skills!

1707 16th Street, Vero Beach, FL  32960
Last modified Vero Beach High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Vero Beach High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top