Posted November 23, 2014
My daughter was excellent with many things coming from her preschool. Reading was not one of those things. She was under prepared when she arrived to kindergarten compared to her class mates. Mrs. Bogan took her under her wing and in no time had her reading at the top of her class. It is not only a single teacher. I notice teachers from other classes interact regularly and know my child's name. Even the principal is visible on a regular basis and involved in every activity. My daughter participated in several additional activities offered by the school, one of which is eager readers and the take home science kit program. The grounds are always clean and well maintained and the new Spanish language courses are a fantastic addition to an already excellent school experience. There is nothing negative for me to say. I have no complaints as a second year parent of this school

Posted April 02, 2014
Osceola magnet is a wonderful school. We are so lucky to be able to send our youngest child there with her sister. Mrs. Parentela is a true testament to what a teacher should be! She is patient, understanding, loving and strict. All the things kindergarden children need!

Posted September 26, 2013
This is a wonderful school! My girls love their teachers, campus and principal! We were so happy when the school moved closer to our home!

Posted September 26, 2013
Osceola is a great school! All the staff and teachers are top notch and very friendly. I have two distinctly different children/students and each of their needs are met whether it's through the gifted program or via extra help! I would strongly recommend this school to anyone in the area.

Posted September 10, 2013
Osceola is a fantastic school. The teachers greet their students by name and treat them all with the upmost respect. My little one started kindergarden this year and I was so released to see how everyone in the school acted professional and in the best interests of my child.

Posted September 02, 2012
I am not sure what the previous parent is referring to. First, it is a magnet school based on a lottery system and a waiting list. It is done at the County level, not the school level, so there is no "in the know" to be had. My children have been attending OMS for 5 years, neither were in a class with a teacher's child but received exceptional quality of education and care. When my son became severally ill, the principal and the teachers were very caring and affectionate to him. Some field trips were cut due to the expense of them, while unfortunate, it happens and it was due to funds being cut to our school from the county level, not the principal's level, and happened to all school not just OMS. I find the entire staff to be very caring and the curriculum exceptional including Everyday Math (which is only at OMS and more in depth than the other math programs the County uses) and the use of gardens to extend the science knowledge as well as the science lab which is currently being expanded on. With all the adversities OMS had in the previous year, it was still an A school and I contribute that to the principal, teachers and parents. They pulled together to enhance learning!

Osceola Magnet School 1

Posted July 22, 2012
I was sadly very disappointed in this school. The gruff uncaring attitude started when the kids walked in the door. A small handful of teachers here are seen "as the teachers to get" you know if your child is in the class of the "teacher to get" because it is filled with other teachers children. There are very few slots left for people that are not in the know. The school is suppose to be a math and science based school and yet they do no extra curriculum, the principal would not allow it to happen. For example, the principal was and is the downfall of this school. The previous principal would foster science camp for the 5th grade students. The current principal would not allow the children to go. Her answer seemed to be no for any question. I have never seen her interact or hug a child, it struck me as odd. Also, when the school board said they were going to move the school she never bothered to speak up or hold them to their word of building a new school for Osceola. If I was the principal I would have fought tooth and nail for my school!

Posted December 20, 2009

Posted September 18, 2009
excellent school, excellent teachers

Posted September 17, 2009
The kids learn in a nurturing environment where each individual's needs can be either met or challenged.

Osceola Magnet School
1110 18th Avenue Southwest, Vero Beach, FL  32962
Last modified Osceola Magnet School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Osceola Magnet School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top