Vero Beach, FL
Before care: Yes

Posted May 19, 2014
Beachland is a regular, public school. However, it operates at the level of a magnet or private school. The demographic and test data is so very similar that parents often make judgements and comparisons to the magnet schools. They do not compare Beachland to the other regular public schools in the district. Many changes have occurred at this school in the past year. I am not a person who likes change. I worried for my child. My little one had a difficult start to the year as the curriculum is far more challenging than ever before. However, with the inspiration to work hard and the fine dedication from the teachers, my child has thrived. Earlier in the year, I began researching alternative schools. I found none that offered a truly better education for my child. Sometimes perception can be wrong. My perception that the changes were bad turned out to be unsupported by data. I thank the administration for taking the road less traveled. It was an up-hill journey, and worth every struggle. Great school, great staff, and my child is happy.

Beachland Elementary School 1

Posted May 18, 2014
Sometimes change just isn't effective... Unfortunately, the administration is unwilling to recognize her failures. I feel very fortunate to have found an amazing alternative to our zoned school. It is a shame that we, as well as many others (an alarming number as another posted), are leaving this once great school.

Beachland Elementary School 1

Posted April 17, 2014
People are pulling their kids out of Beachland at an alarming rate. What happened to this once amazing school? The leadership is poor at best, and the quality of teachers has definitely fallen off. There are more discipline problem kids there than ever. This is certainly not the great school it once was. I have to believe that the majority of the problems start with the new principal. A real joke compared to the former.

Beachland Elementary School 2

Posted March 13, 2014
My child has done 4th and 5th grade here this is the school districted to us. My child was accepted into a magnet school after the first week of 4th grade, but she loved her 4th grade teacher so much we kept her there. It is because of that phenominal teach I don't fail this school all together. 5th grade has been horrible! The children have 5 teachers and they don't know what is going on with your child! Bullying is nasty and the principle is lazy! I have called her, she says she's done all she can do and tells me to call the police. The 5th grade teachers are insincere and rude. My child is miserable and now wants to be homeschooled.She has always been an honor role student, has scored advanced placement the past 2 years of testing, now her grades are coming home disappointing. This school's grade was lowered to "B" this past grading. With only a few months left of school I am considering pulling her out before she is damaged beyond repair. Vero has great schools, Beachland is no longer one of them. Osceola, Rosewood, or Vero elementary. If you're stuck with Beachland volunteer as much as possible to protect your child, because no one else at this school will.

Beachland Elementary School 3

Posted January 30, 2014
May seem like a great school since it is located on the island, but parents beware: there will be bullying, apathy and favoritism here just like at any other public school. Don't let the zip code and grade "A" fool you into believing this is as good as a private school.

Posted November 20, 2013
Such a great place to grow!! My oldest daughter attended Beachland from from kindergarten through fith grade and has gone on to do very well in middle school. She loves school and I believe the community environment of Beachland had a lot to do with that! Her sister is now in second grade at Beachland and is also doing great! Teachers are amazing! I'm so thankful my girls have been able to attend here.

Posted June 05, 2013
this is the best school .....best teacher Ms Oconnor, she is kind and also love what she is doing, My son improved a lot since he is in Beachland.

Beachland Elementary School 2

Posted May 15, 2013
Please take the time to read FCAT scores. Only 66% of the students are on grade level in Math. Would you want only 66% of the tellers at your bank able to count your money correctly. How is this deserving of an A rating? As intelligent educated parents how is this acceptable. There is alot of room for improvement for this to be a great school.

Beachland Elementary School 3

Posted April 19, 2013
Beachland is not all that. The teachers are good. The parents are the problem. They try to run the school and most of them no nothing about what a good school is. If these parents want to see the true meaning of a good school the need to educate themselves. Once these students leave Beachland and go to the Highschool which only has a college readiness index of 14%. How does that make this a good school . All of Florida needs to educate themselves on what education is.

Posted April 17, 2013
Beachland is a GREAT SCHOOL!!!! Sought after to the point of parents buying within the school's district to assure their kids qualify to attend. It is often the school of choice after a private island school. 14 years of A grades. Uncommon for a public school. Why? The Teachers are amazing! They truly care and their actions are the proof. There is a great deal of parent participation -- which I believe is HUGE! Most of the parents are very involved with their kids schooling. They volunteer, they go over their homework and correct it with them. They participate in parent teacher conferences. They read to them, etc... The school is not perfect, but it is by far the best public school in Vero Beach. 14 years of A grades WELL EARNED.

Beachland Elementary School
3350 Indian River Drive East, Vero Beach, FL  32963
Last modified Beachland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Beachland Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top