517 students|Indian River

Bad
Good

Excellent school. My son loves the school, i am pleased that my child has a good education. Very profesional all staff on campus.

We moved to the area and had no clue really on where to send our child. We went to a super expensive private school for three years and realized there were other alternatives with the public school system. My child is now in his second year at Beachland. When we switched schools, we did not realize or feel a difference with the changes the school administration had made since we were new to the school. Within a few weeks, the teacher approached us about having our child tested for the gifted program, which the school did. He now attends one full day of gifted classroom instruction where they learn how to write in cursive, power point, work with computers, and use other multi-media. Further, the school supports community involvement such as the local science fair. Everytime I turn around my son is coming home with new opportunities that Beachland offers such as track or Little Shark Singers that other schools in the area do not have. I would definitely recommend this school. We have been very pleased with his teachers and my son has excelled there!

Beachland is a regular, public school. However, it operates at the level of a magnet or private school. The demographic and test data is so very similar that parents often make judgements and comparisons to the magnet schools. They do not compare Beachland to the other regular public schools in the district. Many changes have occurred at this school in the past year. I am not a person who likes change. I worried for my child. My little one had a difficult start to the year as the curriculum is far more challenging than ever before. However, with the inspiration to work hard and the fine dedication from the teachers, my child has thrived. Earlier in the year, I began researching alternative schools. I found none that offered a truly better education for my child. Sometimes perception can be wrong. My perception that the changes were bad turned out to be unsupported by data. I thank the administration for taking the road less traveled. It was an up-hill journey, and worth every struggle. Great school, great staff, and my child is happy.

Sometimes change just isn't effective... Unfortunately, the administration is unwilling to recognize her failures. I feel very fortunate to have found an amazing alternative to our zoned school. It is a shame that we, as well as many others (an alarming number as another posted), are leaving this once great school.

People are pulling their kids out of Beachland at an alarming rate. What happened to this once amazing school? The leadership is poor at best, and the quality of teachers has definitely fallen off. There are more discipline problem kids there than ever. This is certainly not the great school it once was. I have to believe that the majority of the problems start with the new principal. A real joke compared to the former.

My child has done 4th and 5th grade here this is the school districted to us. My child was accepted into a magnet school after the first week of 4th grade, but she loved her 4th grade teacher so much we kept her there. It is because of that phenominal teach I don't fail this school all together. 5th grade has been horrible! The children have 5 teachers and they don't know what is going on with your child! Bullying is nasty and the principle is lazy! I have called her, she says she's done all she can do and tells me to call the police. The 5th grade teachers are insincere and rude. My child is miserable and now wants to be homeschooled.She has always been an honor role student, has scored advanced placement the past 2 years of testing, now her grades are coming home disappointing. This school's grade was lowered to "B" this past grading. With only a few months left of school I am considering pulling her out before she is damaged beyond repair. Vero has great schools, Beachland is no longer one of them. Osceola, Rosewood, or Vero elementary. If you're stuck with Beachland volunteer as much as possible to protect your child, because no one else at this school will.

May seem like a great school since it is located on the island, but parents beware: there will be bullying, apathy and favoritism here just like at any other public school. Don't let the zip code and grade "A" fool you into believing this is as good as a private school.

Such a great place to grow!! My oldest daughter attended Beachland from from kindergarten through fith grade and has gone on to do very well in middle school. She loves school and I believe the community environment of Beachland had a lot to do with that! Her sister is now in second grade at Beachland and is also doing great! Teachers are amazing! I'm so thankful my girls have been able to attend here.

this is the best school .....best teacher Ms Oconnor, she is kind and also love what she is doing, My son improved a lot since he is in Beachland.

Please take the time to read FCAT scores. Only 66% of the students are on grade level in Math. Would you want only 66% of the tellers at your bank able to count your money correctly. How is this deserving of an A rating? As intelligent educated parents how is this acceptable. There is alot of room for improvement for this to be a great school.

Last modified Beachland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.