273 students|Indian River

Bad
Good

Posted September 05, 2014
My School (North County Charter Elementary) has been a delight since my inquiry one year prior to my child entering Kindergarten. Not only did the staff deliver consistent and up-to-date information regarding the schools procedure and mission, they also managed to make me comfortable with the accommodations they arranged for students and working parents alike. They deliver public school services with a private school structure! Just what these kids need. Not to forget to mention, A ZERO BULLYING TOLERANCE! So far, my student comes home with grade appropriate homework, and within two weeks she is already trying to read! Her teacher is super organized and keeps her parents informed every week via a phone app about progress and changes in curriculum. There's no wonder that with such great attitude, preparation, and information this school came FIRST in our district with FCAT, and has remained an A+ school for three years! Couldn't be happier especially when home schooling was my only other option.

Posted May 18, 2014
Amazing! Effective teachers who smile and seem to truly enjoy teaching. Friendly, professional, knowledgable principal. Calm and organized environment. Happy children.

Posted April 25, 2013
I have had 2 daughters attend this school & I have absolutely NO complaints about this school or the staff. My oldest attended 2005-2011, her grades & test scores were all high. My younger daughter started attending in 2008 & is about to complete 4th grade, her grades & test scores are all high. To the 2 previous complaints, are you parents involved in your children's educations? I have always been a firm believer that the parent should be very involved & it should not be just left to the teachers. When you see your child's grades dropping are you taking the steps to help them - you can't put it all on the teachers. Whenever I go to the parent/teacher meetings & the teacher brings up my daughters weaknesses - I help them at home to improve & get them back on track. The Miller family does not just care about money! They are some of the nicest people I have ever met, & that is why I feel I must defend them. Some schools are just not a good fit for some children. North County Charter School was and is the best choice for my children - I feel the teacher's are top notch! I have never doubted my decision on sending my daughters here =) GREAT SCHOOL!

North County Charter School 1

Posted April 24, 2013
Choosing this school was the worst decision I've ever made Kids don't get the help they need and it's by a family that only care about money. The principal is a two face has no control of the kids.

North County Charter School 2

Posted January 20, 2013
These parents apparently like the teachers but are they not paying attention to the children's scores. Do you not see thier scores are dropping as they advance in grades? Does that not bother you? If the FCAT is the only thing you have to go by you should be paying attention to the scores and they dropped continually from grade 3 to grade 5. I give the school a 5 and the parents a 3. Wake up!

Posted May 27, 2009
I love this school as a New Yorker when i got here i brought my children to Fellsmere Elementary--was not right for them-so someone told me about The Charter School--Mrs.Miller the Principal is one of the nicest people iI have met.I am very proud of my children whom receives Honors every month.One child still attends.Thanks to all of the Teachers 'Great Job'. Sincerely, Laura Gassert

Posted June 11, 2008
I really just wanted to take the time to say THANK YOU to the entire staff. There are no words to fully express my thoughts about this school! Our family is relocating and we are praying to be able to find a school, that can provide the excellence that North County has in so many ways. Good luck and best wishes in your relocation next year. Mrs. Jones (4th grade teacher) special thanks to you for, everything! Mrs. Miller- you are wonderful, we need many more people like you and your teachers everywhere! Sincerely, Michael & Shellie Connolly (extremely satisfied parents of two children who attended your GREAT little school!) Good Luck, next year to all of the students from Brian & Savannah)

Posted May 24, 2008
I love the 2 teachers that I've had (kindergarten and first grade)! And my principal! And we all know eachother!

Posted May 24, 2007
North County Charter is more than I dared hope for from a school. My son is an excellent student because he has excellent teachers and directors (his parents aren't so bad either) who all support each other. The dedication of the faculty, administration and staff is quite impressive. The core knowledge curriculum they espouse is fundamental for future educational success. Their emphasis on character and respect is imperative for personal success. Regarding art, music and sports - our son recently gave us a couple of short lectures, one on DaVinci and one on the composer, Paul Dukas. He gets a good daily exercise/play period. The only problem is what will we do after 5th grade! We wish Mrs. Miller and the other Directors would open a middle and high school. We will forever be grateful to NCCS.

Posted May 23, 2007
My Child has been in North County since 2nd grade. I have no regrets about sending him here.It has been a pleasurable experience for both my child and myself. I like the small classroom atmosphere and also the uniform requirement. I have been pleased with all that we have experienced at North County Charter.

6640 Old Dixie Highway, Vero Beach, FL  32967
(772) 794-1941
Last modified North County Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.