PK, 9-12
Wauchula, FL
Students enrolled: 1,314

Posted August 22, 2013
In a nutshell my kids education tanked when we moved here. There needs to be a change at the helm. Considering it is the only High School in the county I feel the state needs to step in and take over. My son was never told his senior year he was missing credits. He passed all his classes but forgot to turn in a couple notes after being absent. He attended Sat. School to make it up. The school never notified me or my son. The only reason my son found out was after requesting a schedule change. They erased all his credits from the previous year with zero letter or phone call to his parents!! How can a school operate like this? It doesn't , it fails!! There are dedicated teachers at the school but they cannot overcome the way it is run.

Posted April 24, 2013
I went to this school and it was a horrific experience! Students being rowdy and throwing desks, chairs, whatever. Teachers standing by not doing anything because they were scared themselves in my opinion. It was an incredibly scary "learning" environment. Apparently they have a high teen pregnancy rate based on the fact that there is a childcare facility on campus for the students to take their kids. As well as every female student I met except for myself and one other were not parents. Selecting one star because there isn't an option for zero.

Posted May 16, 2012
one in five hardee high school graduates are illiterate. the teachers will happily teach you, if you are willing and able to learn, but if you are, say, dyslexic, or rebellious, forget it. they will carelessly pass you right out of their hair. this school does succeed in teaching one lesson very well, however. and that lesson is that popularity is paramount. and that's fine, if you plan to stay in hardee county for the rest of your life. but if you hope to succeed outside of hardee county, i suggest you go to school elsewhere.

Posted July 27, 2011
I am a parent of a high school student at this school. Today I just got a letter from the superintendent letting me know what the school was rated a D or F on the most recent FCAT and that as a parent I am being advised that my child is eligable to attend a school in another district since this is the only high school in our county. Pretty sad that my children are being offered such a poor education.

Hardee Senior High School 5

Posted February 16, 2010

Posted September 17, 2009

Hardee Senior High School 4

Posted May 07, 2009
I am very blessed t have been a part of this school. I am a senior, and as I look back on the past 4 years, I notice how much everything has changed. I love that the teachers get to know each and ever student on a personal level, I was always able to go to my teachers about anything. However, I suggest that the school ease up on worrying about the dress code. Teachers are having to make certain that their students are dress code compliant and this takes time away from teaching. If body parts are not haning out, it should be allowed to be worn to school. Overall I had a wonderful leaning experience at Hardee Senior High I just wish we would have had more pep rallies GO CATS!!!

Posted March 01, 2009

Hardee Senior High School 4

Posted October 08, 2008

Posted September 11, 2008

Hardee Senior High School
830 Altman Road, Wauchula, FL  33873
Last modified Hardee Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades PK, 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hardee Senior High School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top