PK, 9-12
Wauchula, FL
Students enrolled: 1,314

Posted August 22, 2013
In a nutshell my kids education tanked when we moved here. There needs to be a change at the helm. Considering it is the only High School in the county I feel the state needs to step in and take over. My son was never told his senior year he was missing credits. He passed all his classes but forgot to turn in a couple notes after being absent. He attended Sat. School to make it up. The school never notified me or my son. The only reason my son found out was after requesting a schedule change. They erased all his credits from the previous year with zero letter or phone call to his parents!! How can a school operate like this? It doesn't , it fails!! There are dedicated teachers at the school but they cannot overcome the way it is run.

Posted April 24, 2013
I went to this school and it was a horrific experience! Students being rowdy and throwing desks, chairs, whatever. Teachers standing by not doing anything because they were scared themselves in my opinion. It was an incredibly scary "learning" environment. Apparently they have a high teen pregnancy rate based on the fact that there is a childcare facility on campus for the students to take their kids. As well as every female student I met except for myself and one other were not parents. Selecting one star because there isn't an option for zero.

Posted May 16, 2012
one in five hardee high school graduates are illiterate. the teachers will happily teach you, if you are willing and able to learn, but if you are, say, dyslexic, or rebellious, forget it. they will carelessly pass you right out of their hair. this school does succeed in teaching one lesson very well, however. and that lesson is that popularity is paramount. and that's fine, if you plan to stay in hardee county for the rest of your life. but if you hope to succeed outside of hardee county, i suggest you go to school elsewhere.

Posted July 27, 2011
I am a parent of a high school student at this school. Today I just got a letter from the superintendent letting me know what the school was rated a D or F on the most recent FCAT and that as a parent I am being advised that my child is eligable to attend a school in another district since this is the only high school in our county. Pretty sad that my children are being offered such a poor education.

Hardee Senior High School 4

Posted May 07, 2009
I am very blessed t have been a part of this school. I am a senior, and as I look back on the past 4 years, I notice how much everything has changed. I love that the teachers get to know each and ever student on a personal level, I was always able to go to my teachers about anything. However, I suggest that the school ease up on worrying about the dress code. Teachers are having to make certain that their students are dress code compliant and this takes time away from teaching. If body parts are not haning out, it should be allowed to be worn to school. Overall I had a wonderful leaning experience at Hardee Senior High I just wish we would have had more pep rallies GO CATS!!!

Hardee Senior High School 3

Posted January 01, 2007
I think they should take out the cameras cause they dont do anything to stop people from skipping and getting into fights.

Hardee Senior High School 3

Posted May 06, 2005
I think that there are some very dedicated teachers at HSHS. However, most of these are teachers who have been there for many years. I don't like the fact that many of these teachers have left to seek jobs elsewhere because they are unappreciated by the school district. There are many other things that are good about this school. Students have many options for classes and activities. I think it's great that college level classes are offered. It really encourages students to do better. I think that more parents need to get involved in their children's education. It is the parents' involvement that is going to improve the school system in Hardee County.

Hardee Senior High School 4

Posted February 27, 2004
First of all, I think the teachers are lazy and love to complain about their job (on the other hand, some of the teachers their are truly the best in Florida--Orwig, Starratt, Strictland, and others). The teachers union is greedy, and some of the teachers can't maintain with discipline the students in the classroom. Some great kids have came out of that school, and HHS can be just as good experience as the best in the state.

Hardee Senior High School 5

Posted February 10, 2004
I believe this is a great High School. However many of the statistics presented do not present the entire truth about this school because we live in an area where many of the students are migrant workers. They arrive in the school year late and leave early, giving us misleading statistics and test scores. I also highly believe that the teachers in this school are some of the best in the world, as are the classes they teach, such as American Sign Language.

Hardee Senior High School 2

Posted December 31, 2003
I think this school isn't doing very much in helping us achieve our goals. I believe we need more discipline, better teachers and more vocational classes.

Hardee Senior High School
830 Altman Road, Wauchula, FL  33873
Last modified Hardee Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades PK, 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hardee Senior High School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top