797 students|Sumter

Bad
Good

Worst School I have EVER been to. 1. the Staff: they LITERALLY lie to you (in my experience, they said that if I improved my grades then I would pass. I did (come close that is, but it was still good enough for me to pass) and they failed me 2. Students: they're are some of the worst I've seen, from just ONE PERSON, the ENTIRE STUDENT BODY started to call me gay and ask me questions (are you gay?) I'd tell them no and that one person would look at me like I'm retarted and start LYING and saying how I was. 3. The food: they don't even have enough to feed everyone, I swear if you were ever put in Lunch Detention once you go up to get your food, they're either: Burned or Gone. In Addition: Last Day of School was the WORST TIME IVE EVER HAD, IMMEDIATELY once I got to school IMMEDIATELY during homeroom the teacher wrote me up because I wasn't wearing a collared shirt (and one of the students LAUGHED at me) and in the end I had to spend the last 2 days at ISS because of that one little thing. Once again: WORST EXPERIENCE I EVER HAD.

My daughter attended this school, I was very pleased with staff and available resources. Middle school was a huge concern, due to horror stories of other parents, and news stories. I had no issuses and believe this school has helped and readied my child for high school. She was able to accure part of her high school credit through programs offered.

I know my child did not like this school and I know many others that wound up moving their child to Citrus County. They told me plain out at the office one day that they have a lot of transient students due to the fact that the school is near the Webster Flea Mkt. My child made it through this school, but absolutely hated every minute. I should have listened to him. I thought that the South Sumter High School in Bushnell would be better because it is not near the Flea Mkt., but they only cater at the high school to the children that have been born and raised in the surrounding area. They treat them still as if they are transient students even at the South Sumter High School. I'm guessing that all the good reviews that you see by (parents) on these (2) schools are teachers.

I am a student at this horrible place and they give No effort what so ever to help the student (as in Bullying , grades, tutors,etc) and when i was being bullied they couldn't help cause i didn't know the names of the kids.

They cover all county statures, no matter how annoying the offenses may be. The learning enviroment in nice and although some students don't even try, others find the work difficult (occasionaly) and can find it challenging to get an A. The teachers can have 'teacher's pets' but they also get treated like the other students. This school is perfect, like said below, the school doesn't have the highest quality tools etc. but even the football team remains undeafeted!

This school is very sucessful and has a great enviroment for students to learn.

i love this school. except the most stupidest rule about the backpacks. but i love going here it's so laidback and the teachers are great.

I absolutely love teaching at SSMS. It's a wonderful school with a lot to offer. The teachers are very professional and really care about the success of their students. The administration is very supportive and easily accessible. There is a wonderful sense of community and everyone has a place to belong as they continue to excel. The majority of parents are very happy with their children's education and the students feel safe on campus. It's a great place to be.

This school has not been what is was years ago. The faculty of this school leaves alot to be desired. Some of the teachers are very good and truly care about the students while others act like its a job and lets get to it. Their web page looks impressive until you try to find out something. Almost all of the teachers have nothing on their web pages and you have no idea what your child is learning next. If you are a concerned parent you are made to feel like you are a problem. I am glad my child is finally in his last year with this school and over the summer I am taking him to Sylvan learning to cover any and all gaps he may have from this school before he gets to the high school next year.

My child has been doing great in that school.

Last modified South Sumter Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.