Weeki Wachee, FL
Students enrolled: 1,197

Winding Waters K-8 1

Posted May 08, 2014
DO NOT I repeat DO NOT send your child to this school if your child is Autistic! They have no concept on how to work with their learning or behavioral issues! This has been such a horrible year for my little one.

Posted March 09, 2014
What a great school! My daughter was home schooled prior to us moving about a mile from this school. I was very apprehensive about putting her in any school, but the staff is absolutely amazing. They made my daughter and myself feel very welcome and excited about her starting. Her teacher is amazing and I would highly recommend her to any parent with a child in first grade. All in all, we both love this school and she will continue to attend as long as we live in Hernando county.
2 people found this helpful

Posted September 26, 2013
Winding Waters is a really good school. The teachers are great as well as the office staff!
2 people found this helpful

Posted September 21, 2013
This is a beautiful and safe school. The security is second to none. One example of this is that the classrooms lock and the window on each door is darkened. With everything going on these days, it's better to be as safe as possible, and I feel comfortable sending my children there. The principal is wonderful. He is very personable and makes every effort to be involved with the kids as well as the parents. Having 5 children go to several schools before settling in Spring Hill, I have never seen a principal that is so present. In fact, with some of the schools I couldn't even tell you what the principal looked like! He even works outside in the pick-up line! This (to me) is unheard of! The staff and the teachers we've had were also warm and bright. I don't see any of the "burn out" that I've seen in other schools. Lastly, the fact that it is k-8 is a huge bonus. It allows the kids to have friends in every class, at lunch, etc. I can't say enough positive things about this school!!

Posted August 30, 2013
This school is amazing. The teachers are intelligent, respectful, and very positive. The classrooms are clean, the hallways spotless. The school is new and has an excellent security system. We are looking at homes to buy and will only consider one if it is zoned for this school. It's awesome!

Winding Waters K-8 1

Posted August 29, 2013
This school staff is rude and I have had two incidents. Each incident I have been yelled without respect in front of my child and I have felt as if my race does not deserve respect. I am Hispanic and I feel disappointed.

Posted August 04, 2013
WWK8 is a very very good school kids learn a lot and have a lot of different activities and programs for kids.

Winding Waters K-8
12240 Vespa Way, Weeki Wachee, FL  34614
Last modified Winding Waters K-8 is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Winding Waters K-8 Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top