Wellington, FL
Students enrolled: 1,111
Before care: Yes

Posted September 13, 2014
I have been at this school for 1 year and i hate it! I am in 7th grade and i am on the 4th week of school. My math teacher doesn't teach us anything,my language arts teacher is unfair,and my civics teacher is too hard on us and gives us really hard test that no one passes. Everyone says this is the best school in the county,they are all lying because I am in the school and i think they aren't even trying to teach us anything. Please take my advice and never come to this prison!

Posted September 02, 2014
If you want to send your child to school full of bullies, this is the perfect place for you. The teachers and administration are totally apathetic and just there to collect a paycheck. If you care about your child, DO NOT SEND HIM OR HER TO THIS SCHOOL!

Posted August 27, 2014
We were told this was the best middle school in Wellington...they lied! My daughter came into this school with a 504 plan and ADD. (She is not hyper, just has trouble focusing on tasks) The teachers belittled her, embarrassed her, spoke down to us. The staff is indignant without being provoked. (including the principal) I know there are great teachers at this school, but our 6 grade experience was so awful that we are now paying for private school. They do not want the kids in their classes that are slower than the rest. They don't have the time. I do understand that there are alot of kids and teachers are overworked. WLMS pls help the kids who need it. follow the 504 plans. (extra time on tests, extra notes to help study at home, sitting in front of the class without being embarrassed about it in front of the other students, being lectured and degraded for saying "yes ma'am" to a teacher) My daughter has sat with the autism kids all her life during school lunches just to help thm. If you don't know what kind of a kid you have in your classroom by the end of the school year, you shouldn't be teaching any more. The attitudes come from their leadership. Its really sad! :(

Posted June 06, 2014
#1 non-magnet public school in Palm Beach County!!! Led by a dedicate principal with some really good teachers with a few needing improvements (why 4 stars given).

Wellington Landings Middle School 5

Posted September 30, 2013
My school is the highest ranking non-magnet middle school in Palm Beach county!! The staff and teachers are awesome and dedicated to motivating our students to achieve their potential. As one of the oldest buildings in the county, you would think that the board of education would put some money into it; seems every other school that is near the same age has been given physical updates!

Wellington Landings Middle School 3

Posted June 30, 2013
It's an excellent school for people who want to learn really well, my math teacher helped me amazingly with my so well that I got an award and was in the top 5 in math! The science teacher was alright with me I was probably the lowest in my class but luckily I kept a B throughout the year! My world history teacher did an excellent job teaching me because I know LOVE world history along with math! My language arts teacher who is know retired was an excellent teacher whom was and will probably always be my favorite teacher! I may not have done well but me and her got along best of all :) those were my main teachers the two others were my elective teachers! The teachers are great the staff is ok; the bathrooms are dirty; the hallways are dirty with gum, burgers, and gross stuff. The hallways are often crowded but the staff and teachers do well but they need to work on the bullying. My 6th grade year was ok.

Posted May 16, 2013
It's a great school academically. The bathrooms are filthy though and it's an outdoor school so when it rains the halls are overcrowded. There's a lot of music electives and something for almost everyone. This is a good school and this is my last year. I'll be sad to leave. The principal is very friendly and is always ready to help you when you need it. Great school overall.

Wellington Landings Middle School 3

Posted May 12, 2013
Oh, what can I say about WLMS. The disgusting bathrooms, gum on the sidewalk and under every single desk, and public school food. Now that I'm a high schooler, I have time to reflect, and overall, it was okay except for the things I've mentioned above. The teachers prepared me to go to high school (and don't forget the "test!" (FCAT)). I'm lucky enough to go to a school that does not teach to the test now. I especially enjoyed my 8th grade year here. The other years not so much because of bullying issues. I think the main problem with that is because there are kids that are not even in the radius to attend the school but they do. This school could be much worse though. Although I'm disappointed to hear that a few of the admins have moved on for various reasons and the fabulous band teacher is gone. I don't think they could hire another teacher as good as him.

Posted August 09, 2012
I am a student, and have attended this school for a very brief period of time. I will start by saying that I had a particularly horrible experience while attending, although I assure you I am not biased. I am, however, coming from a completely different school environment. Of course, the very first thing I noticed on my first day was that the school is very dirty. Immediately thereafter, I became genuinely skeptical about the teacher's, more so than I have ever been in my life. I was in all advanced classes, where you would expect the teachers to be energetic(maybe?), but no, the atmosphere was more like a military operation, without the motivation. Not necessarily disciplined effectively either. While the other kids attending this school, I found to generally of an unacceptable attitude, and unaware of anything within the least significance. Although there is much more to say about the other students, I won't say more. My parents had to force the guidance counselor to help me, and even though she had a clear intent on helping me, it was a failed attempt. Nonetheless, I must say the principal seemed to be amazing. In conclusion, this school is not for everyone.

Posted March 28, 2012
Wellington Landings Middle School is a great school with fantastic teachers and staff. Of course, all schools have the teachers who "Teach the Test" which mean that they teach students to only pass the test. The other teachers teach the students well, and because they were taught well they pass the test. The classes are challenging with plenty of projects and assignments. The music program is wonderful with many fun activities to enjoy! However, the hallways are always crowded with students chatting. Teachers stand, watching but they don't do anything. It's annoying for students who are trying to get by. The lunches are sometimes very crowded and the lines can get uncomfortably long. The lockers are poorly thought out, students sometimes have to wait to get to their locker because someone is blocking it. The locker schedule (which allows the students to their lockers at specific time) makes it more harder for students to get their things. The technology is somewhat lacking (I.e. cables across the classroom). All in all, WLMS has minor issues which can be fixed but it has great teachers and staff to help your child though their middle school experience!

Wellington Landings Middle School
1100 Aero Club Drive, Wellington, FL  33414
Last modified Wellington Landings Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wellington Landings Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 62 reviews. Top