1,017 students|Palm Beach

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

My son is in his last few weeks of 8th grade, and has been at WLMS since he started 6th grade. We have had an amazing three years there. My son has been academically challenged, and has had some amazing teachers. Of course, as with all schools, there are problems, however they are minimal when compared to all the positives. I am sad to leave this school, and move on to high school, but feel confident that WLMS has prepared my son well.

This school is average because it is not all what everyone is saying it is.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

I feel somewhat effective because their communication skills with the parents regarding a child performance is poor. The parents have to be seen or concern in order for your child to get the attention or help that's needed. I think emails should've been given out the first day of school.

Develops character: Disagree

Because their is too much racism within some of the staff members. They look at poor Black and Hispanic children as being bad because that's all they want to see. Some of the staff don't even understand how it feels to be poor as a minority, but they insist on judging or profiling these innocent students. If you live is Belle Glade, FL their look at as the bad kids and it not fair. You can just be dark complexion and look Black you are automatically looked bad upon.

This school is the best!! I love it! The teachers are great and the school is well educated. Everyone is nice and funny, and there are awesome activities to do!

Amount of homework: Agree

This school give a lot of homework to their average to smart student but the student with learning disability get less, because they don't want to cram them with information and they forget

Two sons have gone through Wellington Landings and currently my youngest attends. My kids are/have been always challenged in learning and taught organization and study skills they need for high school. Edline is a great tool to stay aware of my student's grades. We never had any negative issues with staff or other students. Excellent school!

This school is something to be worked with. My child has only been there for a little over a month and the principal and lazy staff are constantly calling me about things other kids are doing that she may have been around for but not done. The assistant principal is the referral queen and will fabricate a story and make every one sound right and the kid she help write up wrong. I will be withdrawing my child, not to mention they are stereotypical. Sad to see this still going on in our multi-family, multicultural state! Even worse my daughter is and has always been an HONOR ROLL STUDENT.

I have been at this school for 1 year and i hate it! I am in 7th grade and i am on the 4th week of school. My math teacher doesn't teach us anything,my language arts teacher is unfair,and my civics teacher is too hard on us and gives us really hard test that no one passes. Everyone says this is the best school in the county,they are all lying because I am in the school and i think they aren't even trying to teach us anything. Please take my advice and never come to this prison!

If you want to send your child to school full of bullies, this is the perfect place for you. The teachers and administration are totally apathetic and just there to collect a paycheck. If you care about your child, DO NOT SEND HIM OR HER TO THIS SCHOOL!

Last modified Wellington Landings Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.