1,017 students|Palm Beach

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

This school is a good school. I'm in 7th grade and I've had an great year here. It's fun and sometimes easy but there's some things that they have to fix here at WLMS. Number one, teaching skills. I've sat I'm many classes and just listening to my teachers talk. Even though they're supposed to be "teaching" they aren't. It's not even about paying attention, or behavior to get the material. It's about the way these teachers are teaching to get the material. Sometimes it feels like the teachers are just talikng to us but not really "teaching". Number 2, behavior. I've been a really good student at this school, never got a detention, ISS, referral, suspensions, or anything, it's all really been good. There are kids here though, who misbehave all the time here and get detentions, ISS, and referrals here and the staff pays the most attention to them. The staff at this school litterally knows all the misbehaving kids names and barely know the behaving kids names. It's almost like as if the misbehaving kids are there main priority. They fail to realize the kids who ARE actually behaving, and fail to do good for those kids who behave. Number 3,( my last concern) Too much work. In my Lang Arts class, you are required to get a book every month, read the whole thing in a short amount of time, take a reading counts test, then do a project on it. It has put so much stress on me, that I had some anxiety some times. Most of the time when you're required to be on your new book, you're still on you're last book and you've haven't even turned it in yet! Another thing, is that, so many of the teachers don't understand the lives of us students. They don't know our daily schedules and they don't know how busy we are every day. So when they give us a whole packet or sheet to do, they fail to realize how much we have oustside of homework to do. So the next day, they expect you to have it done with NO excuse. To be honest I've have been up till 11:00 at night before or almost midnight just to get homework done and I think it's ridiculous. I think if wlms can fix all these things I have stated, it would be a PERFECT school. I'm not writing this letter to discourage you from going to WLMS, of course you can do whatever you please. I'm just stating my personal opinion of what this school should fix. Thank you. I hope this helps.

My son is in his last few weeks of 8th grade, and has been at WLMS since he started 6th grade. We have had an amazing three years there. My son has been academically challenged, and has had some amazing teachers. Of course, as with all schools, there are problems, however they are minimal when compared to all the positives. I am sad to leave this school, and move on to high school, but feel confident that WLMS has prepared my son well.

This school is average because it is not all what everyone is saying it is.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

I feel somewhat effective because their communication skills with the parents regarding a child performance is poor. The parents have to be seen or concern in order for your child to get the attention or help that's needed. I think emails should've been given out the first day of school.

Develops character: Disagree

Because their is too much racism within some of the staff members. They look at poor Black and Hispanic children as being bad because that's all they want to see. Some of the staff don't even understand how it feels to be poor as a minority, but they insist on judging or profiling these innocent students. If you live is Belle Glade, FL their look at as the bad kids and it not fair. You can just be dark complexion and look Black you are automatically looked bad upon.

This school is the best!! I love it! The teachers are great and the school is well educated. Everyone is nice and funny, and there are awesome activities to do!

Amount of homework: Agree

This school give a lot of homework to their average to smart student but the student with learning disability get less, because they don't want to cram them with information and they forget

Two sons have gone through Wellington Landings and currently my youngest attends. My kids are/have been always challenged in learning and taught organization and study skills they need for high school. Edline is a great tool to stay aware of my student's grades. We never had any negative issues with staff or other students. Excellent school!

This school is something to be worked with. My child has only been there for a little over a month and the principal and lazy staff are constantly calling me about things other kids are doing that she may have been around for but not done. The assistant principal is the referral queen and will fabricate a story and make every one sound right and the kid she help write up wrong. I will be withdrawing my child, not to mention they are stereotypical. Sad to see this still going on in our multi-family, multicultural state! Even worse my daughter is and has always been an HONOR ROLL STUDENT.

I have been at this school for 1 year and i hate it! I am in 7th grade and i am on the 4th week of school. My math teacher doesn't teach us anything,my language arts teacher is unfair,and my civics teacher is too hard on us and gives us really hard test that no one passes. Everyone says this is the best school in the county,they are all lying because I am in the school and i think they aren't even trying to teach us anything. Please take my advice and never come to this prison!

Last modified Wellington Landings Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.