2,382 students|Palm Beach

Bad
Good

Wellington High School 2

Posted June 16, 2016
Regular classes are a complete joke. You don't even need to study or even pay attention in class to earn an A. In 9th grade I had to take all regular classes except one, and let me say it was a total waste of my time. I would have graduated with many more rewards and credits than I got if I wasn't forced to take the regular ones the first year. Classes are so easy that my 1st year I barely spoke English, yet passed all my classes with better marks than your average WHS kid. The next year I was still below average in my communication in English, yet again, I have passed my AICE classes. Same goes for the rest of the next 2 years. The school is completely ran down -- cockroaches, bathroom stall broken hinges, sinks that don't even work properly, vandalized bathroom doors, paint peeling off, etc. The teachers are given no authority at all unfortunately. They are constantly given attitude by kids, talked smack about, asked questions they shouldn't even be asked, yelled at, oppressed, everything along those lines. Teachers should in no way be treated that way, and it disgusts me. It was heartbreaking and unpleasant to witness the majority of classes being like that. The school has no discipline. As for the staff, endless times they have made mistakes, which is okay. However, they never bothered to solve the issue themselves, and always blamed it on me. In the end, it had to be me who had to take responsibility and the consequences for their mistakes, and just shut my mouth because even if i spoke up, I'd be ignored. And let me clarify that I was by far the only student to whom that sort of thing has happened to. The food from the cafeteria shouldn't even be called food. It's so bad, that all you end up eating are bags of chips or a handful of cookies to ease the hunger. - A student

Wellington High School 2

Posted April 02, 2016
Too many disruptions by fights, testing schedule is not student friendly-(students scheduled for EOC and FASA at the same time), POOR up keep of facilities (compromising student safety), strangers easily allowed on campus ( compromising safety), school policies not equally enforced

Wellington High School 1

Posted October 30, 2015
Though there are several good to great teachers, all is out weighed by the bad. New teachers are left with no guidance, the administration is a complete joke, the ESE department is beyond rude and clueless to the needs of children and the school cop turns his head to the amount of drugs that are campus.

Posted April 13, 2015
Two sons have graduated WHS, '13 & '14. They both were challenged and thrived. They each found their individual passions - one in Literature, Lit Mag with great teacher Mr. Zucker, and Newspaper and the other in band with great director Ms. Oser. They had many other exceptional teachers in all subjects. They achieved what top colleges wanted from their potential students, and now attend and are doing well in the best schools for their interests. Thank you PUBLIC school Wellington High!

Posted July 28, 2013
I have attended three high schools and this is by far the best. The programs available, such as arts and languages, are outstanding. After only attending wellington for two years i feel that this is where i received the best education. The teachers were always very helpful and had no problem explaining things again or helping you after class. The sports programs are outstanding and create a sense of great friendship with your teammates and your entire school. The spirit of the school at pep rallies is something that i will remember forever. This is truly a great school.

Wellington High School 3

Posted June 24, 2013
The staff and administration are great. Just make sure you never have to deal with Mrs , Fourgash she is very rude to everyone one, the Teachers ,the Students and yes even the Parents . However the rest of the staff is great. My Child had problems with people bulling her and Mr Coz took care of it in a very timely matter. The Woman in all of the offices are very helpful and friendly ( I am going to miss them the most).This just like any School has its good & its bad . My one my Child liked it the other hated .If your child is not good at math make sure they do not get Mr,Robertson for math.other then that school is what the Child makes for it.

Wellington High School 1

Posted January 09, 2013
Ths is a terrible school. My Autistic son was there for 4 years and was assulted by another Autistic student. They didnt have enough coverage and the Aide left a Subsitute with 5 adults with Autism alone while he went to eat lunch. The other student was agitated when he switches classes and ended up assulting my son. The parents has never even had her son appologize.The school has never paid the hospitle bills even though they said they would. I spent 4 hours in the ER with my son getting a MRI to make sure he didnt have any head injuries. They never even called an ambulance for my son. It took 45 mins and the ER nurse and myself to stop the bleeding from his nose which had deep gashes on it and now scarring as a result. My son had night terrors for over 2 weeks straight and wouldnt lay down unless we were with him.my son is 19 years old and wasent talking in a full sentence. I have pulled him out and put him in another school specificly for Autism. He talked in full sentences 3 days after starting there. terrible school I am glad we are out of there. Lots of fight on the ground and no control over students.

Posted August 20, 2012
i went to wellington high for 4 yrs it the best school in palm beach county they have excellent teachers they have a club for every kind of student i miss going to that school

Posted August 15, 2012
my 3rd child is going here and it has been great. My daughter went to Suncoast her freshman year and we found the travel distance not worth the curriculum. We encourage our children to be well rounded, not just academic. Because of travel time, it limited her to the extra curricular activities she could participate in. The network of friends was so spread out- From Jupiter to Boca that socializing was unreasonable. We preferred a neighbor school and the education she received was comparable, excellent.

Wellington High School 4

Posted September 20, 2011
I feel I made the right choice for my daughter to be enrolled in WHS rather than Palm Beach Lakes. WHS is an A rated school and has a great academic curriculum.

Wellington High School
2101 Greenview Shores Boulevard, Wellington, FL  33414
Last modified Wellington High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.