No rating

Wellington Christian School

Private | PK-12

Living in Wellington

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $183,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,550.

Posted January 10, 2014

My husband and I could not be happier with WCS. We wanted a school with a strong academic basis as well as a strong Christian foundation. We found the culmination of all these things in WCS and are very excited for our children s educational future. In the short time we have been enrolled at the school our expectations have been exponentially exceeded. We have discovered that WCS is so much more than what we initially thought. The friends/bonds our children have developed, as well as the friendships we have made ourselves amongst other parents, teachers, and staff have been remarkable. It truly is a family environment that is an honor to be part of.

Posted January 8, 2014

We are so blessed to be able to send our son with special needs to Wellington Christian School. The teachers are amazing and the communication is superior. The staff goes above and beyond in everything they do. I couldn't imagine my son going to school anywhere else. If you want a top notch education for your child, consider Wellington Christian School the best.

Posted January 8, 2014

Wellington Christian School is amazing! I have researched other private schools in the area and I have been very impressed by the quality of education provided by the school. The teachers are personal and are very gifted in their area of teaching. I am confident that my children are being enriched in many aspects of their lives and I cannot think of any other school I would like for them to be in at this time!

Posted December 12, 2013

Wellington Christian is a school that keeps God in the center of a high quality education. You will be so thankful you sent your child to this school. The teachers and families are so welcoming and friendly. The education will allow your child to get college scholarships you did not think was possible. I am so happy my child attends this school and see a difference daily.

Posted October 29, 2013

I cannot comment on the academics of this school, but I can on the admittance process. Wellington Christian School took a $100 payment for me to test my child for their school. However, they placed him in a room and left him there. As far as I know he was never tested and played with his shoe laces the entire time. They dragged their feet in giving me an answer and I had to scramble at the last minute to find a school for my child. They claimed to have checked all my references, which is apparently above and beyond what they normally do. However, the people I referred them to said they were never contacted. My only regret was not having read all the negative reviews. It s true that they are not very Christian and are only after money.

Posted September 8, 2013

My son has attended WCS since Kindergarten, he is now a Senior. I cannot say enough about WCS. The elementary program is wonderful, nurturing, and prepares the students well beyond their years.The MS and HS just get better. The teachers are incredible--and take a personal mentoring interest in each and every student. I was always against accelerated learning (thinking kids should be kids) but the WCS curriculum moves the kids through at a very natural pace, presenting a range of Hnors and AP courses and preparing them above and beyond for the very competitive college entry and world they will face. For both students and parents that want to be involved, WCS offers a wide range of extracurricular activities (sports, fine arts, clubs). While it may not have everything a school with thousands of students offers-- the trade off is that you children, whether K2 to 12th grade will receive individual attention. Parents know parents, teachers/ faculty/ staff know the kids, and parents know the other kids. It is a very close knit community of families where the kids receive an excellent education and are offered many opportunities to grow.

Posted September 5, 2013

My children are a junior and senior at the high school at Wellington Christian School. My youngest started at the school in pre-school and we have been very happy with the school over the last 11 years. We chose the school because of their accelerated academic program within a Christian atmosphere. The teachers have always been excellent in engaging the students, making learning fun, and actually caring about the children. The school cares about the kids learning the material, instead of teaching to any standardized test ( my children, though, have consistently scored above the 90th percentile on national standardized testing). My children will be entering college very well prepared, confident, well-rounded young men. They as students, and we as parents have truly been blessed to be a part of this excellent school!

Posted August 13, 2013

WCS has made such a strong impact on our family - from having a daughter graduate as a senior, to currently having an elementary aged grandchild attending! This school encourages families to be actively involved, impacts students with biblical teachings & principles, enjoys close interpersonal relationships with students/staff/parents and works hard at improving curriculum, programs, and social events every year. Lives are changed while at WCS - it is our best investment in the future!

Posted August 13, 2013

WCS is a great place for my children. They are happy and thriving! They have made wonderful friends and are excited about returning to the school for a third year. We are so happy with our decision to join WCS. We are excited about where the school is going and growing.

Posted July 31, 2013

Both of my children attended Wellington Christian from preschool to high school. My oldest was extremely well prepared for college and we couldn't be happier for that reason alone. The Guidance department was so informative in assisting her through the college application process she was able to handle all apps herself!! She totally wowed her college professors on her preparedness and we could never put a price on that. The environment is very loving and has been a blessing to our entire family. The administration worked diligently to accommodate our son's advanced academic ability enabling him to advance and be challenged. We are extremely grateful for the 15 years we have been part of the WCS family.

Posted July 24, 2013

Wellington Christian is an amazing school and we feel so very blessed to attend this school. We so appreciate and desire a school that puts God first always and their actions reflect this philosophy. It's not just on the sign out front. The Headmasters philosophy on teaching children is something that will start their love of learning even at the 2 year old level all the way through high school. I don't know of another high school that will prepare kids for college like this one. Invest in your child's future now, don't wait for college.

Posted July 17, 2013

We have had children attending Wellington Christian School for ten years and have discovered that it has outstanding academics which have well prepared our oldest children for college. The well-qualified teachers are very caring and take the time to invest in each individual student. We are also pleased with the athletic program from varsity all the way down to elementary. The coaches and athletic director dedicate themselves to running a great program, and since the school is not large, most students have the opportunity to play if they choose to! The current administration is strong with many years of educational leadership experience and amazingly dedicated to the mission of Wellington Christian School. We are very happy with WCS!

Posted July 11, 2013

Both of my children have attended Wellington Christian School since they were 3 years old in the Early Childhood program (more than 10 years). We have had amazing teachers for each of my kids year after year. I love not only the high educational standards that the school has, but the amount of individual attention that each child receives, both academically and emotionally. Above all else, I am thankful that they are in a spiritually-nurturing environment learning about God's Word from people that love Him!

Posted June 15, 2013

Wellington Christian was a disappointment. The previous posts about the financial aspects are accurate. There are different rules for children at this school depending on monetary donations. I sent my child to this school for the christian teaching you cannot get in a public school, however they do not act very Christian like. I liked the chapel and Bible stories, but too bad some children are outcasts for not being perfect. This school does not seem to be able to handle children as well as they advertise. There is bullying at this school and is ignored for some children. This may be due to some teachers not being licensed by the state of Florida. For the amount of money you pay for an education I think you at least deserve licensed teachers and staff. I would advise all parents to check on The Florida Department Of Education website. I should have realized there was a problem with this school when there was only an assistant principal for the entire school year. A teacher from the school stepped up to take the position for the upcoming school year. My child was in elementary. My child is enrolled in another school for camp and has been happy and I have been told he is a pleasure!

Posted May 23, 2013

A wonderful school with excellent teachers and the best academics in the area. The visual arts program is unmatched by any in central palm beach and students have the opportunity to participate in sports, choir, band, and drama productions as well. The school is small, particularly in secondary, so the student-teacher ratio is low and interaction is very high. Graduates are admitted to top schools such as Vanderbilt, Johns Hopkins, University of Chicago, UC Berkeley, and Oxford. Tuition and fees are much more reasonable than other college prep schools in the county and include grade level class trips here in the U.S. and even a senior trip to Europe.

Posted January 10, 2013

Mixed review for this school. The elementry school is wonderful and has some of the best teachers. Every teacher my children have had in elementry have been fantastic. They push my children to new levels but, are also very loving. It is nice to see a teacher be able to hug a child. However, the secondary leaves a lot to be desired. It is a luck of the draw when it comes to teachers. Some are exellent but, many are horrible. The principle is probably the worst I have ever dealt with and has very little understanding of how to run a school. My child has also experienced bullying at this school and it has been ongoing. It has been reported and little has been done to help with the situation. Every child has different rules depending on grades and money donated. Good luck!

Posted September 9, 2012

My preschooler comes home telling me bible stories. He teaches his younger brother how to pray. He has been taught morals and values that you cannot put a dollar amount on. I cannot say enough positive things about this school. It is on the rather expensive side and has been a sacrifice to send him there- but is more than worth it.

Posted May 11, 2012

This is a great school- My son went there for the first time this year and we love it. It is a great school for my son who thrived there. I saw a boy who started there with a little confidance and now at the end of the school year what a Huge difference.. He is excited about going to school everyday and they are challanging him to a whole new level of thinking and Learning. I would definatly recommend this school to anyone who is considering a Private school.

Posted February 28, 2012

In my opinion there is nothing Christian like about WCS. 99.9% of my daily emails received from this school has a dollar amount referenced for either a new fee or an increased fee. I once felt my bank had too many ridiculous unnecessary fees until I sent my child to WCS. With the cost of this school s tuition in addition to the many wonderful exciting opportunities they offer (for a fee of course) one would think they could at least afford better fold up chairs for parents to sit in when attending school plays or attending school meetings to hear all about the new fees coming. I thought this school was going to provide my child with a better foundation/introduction into the school world however after my child s experience at WCS (which involved bullying) I would not send my child here ever again even for free. Rating this school with one star is more than I'd like to give, 1/5th of a star is what's deserved (for the good parking spots they have) but I think more and more parking spaces will become available as parents stop sending their kids there. I'm one of five that will not be re-enrolling this year (that I know of).

Posted August 26, 2011

They care more about your money than they do of a family's well being. We had to withdraw our child prior to the beginning of the school year and they wanted us to pay 50% of the tuition even though school hadn't started. $3000!! Didn't seem concerned or even sympathetic that we were experiencing financial difficulities as my husband was possibly losing his job..just wanted our money. Did NOT experience any Christian mannerisms with the situation. Also, my friend had issues with her child being bullyed in the PK3 class.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 3%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Fax number
  • (561) 798-9622

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

1000 Wellington Trace