1,015 students|Palm Beach

Bad
Good

This School is amazing and it truly made me the straight a student that I am today looking back at it (4 years ago). This is the best school and I wouldn't change a thing about it send your kids here it's amazing.

Amazing school, staff, and teachers! We transferred to Binks from a local charter school and couldnt be happier that we made the move!

Excellent school- a great start leading to great middle and high schools in this school zone. One stressful time when I was told my child's reading wasn't strong enough IN KINDERGARTEN (oh please). Otherwise, nothing but good experiences for my three children.

My child has been attending this school since 2nd grade and we have had nothing but amazing experience. The teachers care about the students. The education is very high standard and may child has learned so much.

This is our first year in this school. My daughter is in Kindergarten gifted program. Its a great feeling when she comes home to tell us about another great day...Praising her teacher all the time. School gives me many opportunities to volunteer. Volunteering keeps me updated to things going on in school and I feel good helping out too... I do not feel alienated here...I'm always welcomed by a smile from the receptionists.

My daughter attended Binks Forest's gifted program for four years. First through 3rd grade were great. Now her fourth grade year was awlful. This is where I first noticed that this is not the school for my child. Her teacher would ridicule her infront of her peers consistently. I had many teacher conference at my request to try to understand her crazy method of teaching. What I was told is that if my child did not understand the lesson , she did not have time to stop and explain. I would ask my daughter to please ask questions if she was not clear on something. When she asked a question she was ridiculed. We finally made it through the year and my daughter did manage to get a "B" in her class. I was basically the math teacher all year. They really push the gifted children, which is fine by me as long as the children are also given the tools needed to suceed. I was basically told either they are born knowing it or the fall through the cracks. I did speak to two other parent's who noticed the same issues. To be fair to the school ,this may be just this teacher. Hopefully no one else has to endure a school year with her.

Nowdays every school in Florida runs in order to get good scores at FCAT, this is the way our government has found out to clasify teachers and students which in certain way is good but then drive everybody to mainly focus on it, putting aside what the most important focus should be for the students to learn regardless of test results, we have become and our students will be "TEST TAKERS" not knowing anything and knowing a minimal bit just to pass those tests and pass them well. On the other hand since this is a generalized way, I am very pleased with Binks Forest Elementary teachers and staff, they all show being very well trained on what they have to do, just one concern Principal has been changed 3 times in 4 years!!!

Every child, every parent has their own unique experience. Your feeling about a school may depend on what your child's unique needs/abilities are. Realize this school offers a tremendous amount of academics and enrichment activities. Some parents may complain about letting up after FCAT and others complain there is too much work till the end of the year. Can't win. Hold your criticisms until your kid goes to middle school. You'll be grateful your child was prepared so well by Binks.

This is a school that caters to the higher achieving students and parents. They rush through the curriculum in order to have it "taught" for the FCAT, however children that struggle don't always catch the concepts. Now that FCAT is over, the teachers are just sailing through until the last day of school, with no real teaching going on. For such a high performing school it is very sad that they don't put in full effort into ALL the kids the WHOLE year.

My daughter attended this school from kindergarten through the 3rd grade. She was enrolled in the gifted program and I don't think we really appreciated it enough while we were there. Her teachers were dedicated, organized, and talented. They spent time individualizing the lessons, and even though it took a lot of extra effort, each child was treated as if they were in a class by themselves. When she began 2nd grade, she was already reading at a 9th grade reading level and it was a challenge for her teacher to find books that had appropriate content, yet would challenge her. Her teacher would not only find these books, but also create tests to go along with them. This is one of the best schools in the district. Although we now have moved to Boca Raton, and my daughter attends another school that is rated 10, Binks will always hold a special place in our hearts. When my daughter was injured in an accident, ALL of her teachers from previous years came to visit her in the hospital. This is one of the most caring, loving dedicated groups of teachers that I have ever met. It makes your child want to succeed.

Last modified Binks Forest Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.