Equestrian Trails Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 856 students

Posted January 15, 2008

My child goes to Equestrian and overall it seems to be a good school. I am just a bit frustrated at the Principal. I always thought she was very personable but I feel the communication can be better. I wrote her a letter a couple of months ago and she hasn't had the time to respond. That is a little frustrating. I would like more communication from all the 'specials' teachers. They seem to just chug along and never send the parents any updates.

Posted September 5, 2007

My children went to this school during 2004-2005. Thank God we were re-zone. A teacher made my child's life impossible and therefor mine too. When I tried to notify the Principal she only got in touch with me at the end of the year and only because I call the School Board. My experience with this school was awful!!! My child still have nightmares of this so call 'teacher'. Thank God we don't go there no more.

Posted July 18, 2007

My children have been attending this school for alittle over a year. They entered this school at the end of a school year and they made them very comfortable and adjusted right away. So far, I found the teachers to be very friendly and the principal is outstanding. She is very friendly and easy to talk to. You see her all the time with the kids. I came from a great NY school and I was very concerned moving to FL and their schools, but I'm very impressed with Equestrian Trails. I'm very happy my 2 boys go there.

Posted September 18, 2006

My child just started Kindergarten at Equestrian Trails and so far I'm happy with what I see and hear. There seem to be plenty of parents involved in the school which is always a good sign. The admin runs the school very tight shipped. The school is new so it is nice looking. Teachers seem to really care about students. As with a lot of schools in the area it it overcrowded but with that said they run it well and I'm happy my son goes there.

Posted January 21, 2006

This school is one of the best schools in the area that I have seen. The staff and learning environment make this school a great place!
—Submitted by a staff

Posted January 20, 2006

Equestrain Trails is a relatively good school. The teachers are responsive to both the needs of the children and the concerns of the parents. The fifth grade classes are organized in a manner that allows the slower children to get more attention and allows the more advanced children to move along at a faster speed. I would have liked to see more opportunities for extracurricular activities but overall, we have been happy with the school.

Posted November 24, 2005

My daughter is in First grade now and started at ETE in Kindergarten. I have been very pleased with the school. Both her Kindergarten teacher was and her now First Grade teacher are exceptional at what they do, just awesome, highly motivated and caring. I have sat in on classes and I tell you the skill levels of both teachers are excellent. The Principal is great, very visible and involved. The school has lots of extracurricular activities and social events. Not being an educator I do a lot of research to find out what my daughter should know at her grade level and what she actually knows. I have found the level of education at ETE to be phenomenal. I am very pleased and convinced that my daughter is receiving and excellent education at ETE.

Posted November 15, 2005

We have only been in Wellington for about a month, but I can say that I am very pleased with what my son (in 4th grade) has experienced so far at Equestrian Trails. His teachers have been wonderful to him and the homework has been appropriate. He is in the gifted program and they have taken some wonderful field trips. The teachers seem to be very enthusiastic and care about the kids. On his first day of school, his teacher called to let me know how his day had gone. That is impressive to me!

Posted September 15, 2005

We moved from NJ last year and this is my daughter's second year in this school. The school itself is very bright and spacious. The staff is very pleasant to talk to. The teachers seem to be knowledgeable and competent. This year the grading system changed. The teachers sent printed report home every month with average grade for each section. I love it! It's great! You can see if you child has problems in a very narrow section, and not in general.

Posted March 31, 2005

My daughter attended this school for 2 years and she really enjoyed it. I liked the way they taught her while she was there. Not too easy...but not too hard. They had alot of hands on Involvement with my daughter and they seemed to really care about her. She had absolutely no problems.

Posted January 30, 2005

I have read great news and performance rate for this school. We are confident that our daughter will get the best educational experience.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2014.

123 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

122 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2014.

152 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

153 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2014.

153 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 54% in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

145 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "A".

Ethnicity This school

Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2012-2013

Teacher credentials

Classes taught by non-highly qualified teachers 2%N/A5%
Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2011-2012

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

9720 Stribling Way