Wellington, FL
Students enrolled: 2,853

Posted October 27, 2014
As an alumni, I can say that PBC really helped shape my life. I was a honors student and I took mostly honors classes, each challenging me to do my best. I had some amazing teachers that helped shape my life - specifically Mrs. Bretherick who taught me that if you want to do well you have to challenge yourself. Her class was not easy and I was glad for it, as it helped me not only with college, but with life beyond that. Mr. LaFevers taught me the true meaning of compassion and giving. Mr. Hall taught me that no matter how big my dream was, it was attainable as long as I was willing to work towards it. Mr. O'Hara was a great teacher always willing to help if you showed an effort. He brightened my days with his quirky personality and love for science. The office staff and teachers were always willing to help when needed. True, the time between classes could have been a bit longer since the campus is so large, but if you're not socializing you can get to class on time. The clubs and activities are extensive and fun. The cafeteria has some of the best school food I've ever eaten with tons of varieties.

Posted September 30, 2014
I have two boys who have attended this school and have always been able to contact teachers and staff without an issue. I usually contact first by email leaving phone number and best times to reach me because I have limited availability during the day. They have always been accommodating. My children also thought it was a great school.

Posted August 19, 2013
Simply put, authority in this school is prime focus, classes are uninspired you have 5 minutes to navigate through 150 meters of school ground with 3000 students rushing in the opposite direction you are. Most times, needing to make a stop at your locker to pick up your textbook. Not Because you need it to learn, but because you receive a detention for not bringing it. A second late to class, detention. No exceptions. It is impossible to have a stress free day in this mess. Go to John I. Having gone a year to both schools, John I. by far exceeded expectations. Each and every student is cared for, and not treated rudely the way they would be in pbc. John I. Made me feel like I was important, cared for. They have even referred me to the school therapist to speak one on one. Many of the AP's at John I. Made full effort to help me, while pbc makes me feel as if I am constantly and only ever being watched for mistakes. Don't do this to yourself. Leave it for students who are perfect, because they are the only ones left alone.

Posted February 27, 2013
BEST SCHOOL EVER! DONT GO ANYWHERE ELSE! THIS SCHOOL WHOOPS ALL OTHER SCHOOLS IN ACADEMICS FACULTY AND MUCH MORE

Posted October 31, 2011
Absolutely ridiculously rude. Teachers and office staff. I am not the biological mother, I am the step mother. My husband works where he can not have his phone. I called to make an appointment for my husband to come in a talk to teacher, the lady who answered phone said in a rude tone when I told her who I was "I cant talk to you, I need to talk to the father" I told her that the father had called there at 8am this morning and left a message, no one has returned call. 3 times in last 2 weeks the bus has arrived over an hour late in the afternoon and we have missed out on prepaid classes. You send the teacher asking a couple of questions, so that when we questioned him about the F on a homework assignment we would already know whether it was 1) he didn't bother completing assignment 2)he didn't bother handing in at all or 3) he just had the wrong answers. We question this so we know if its a problem with him not doing work, or if he needs a tudor. He gets punished for not doing his end, but if its honestly something he doesn't grasp, the we would like to get him help. However teachers don't bother answering all the questions, which is not helping us help him.

Posted August 24, 2011
My daughter is a Senior here. She loves this school. She has been going here since she was a Freshman. She is also very involved. If you want to make friends & get involved there is a club for everyone. The teachers care (for the most part) School is what you put into it. Any issue I've needed to address has been handled sufficiently & effectlvely. Very happy!

Posted August 14, 2011
I have been very pleased with PBC, my child went to another school in the county prior to and the focus was on many other things in that school but academics was not one of them. The kids ran the school, here the kids have teachers who actually try to teach and prepare them for the next phase. (FYI for those that complain about the school being expensive its the same everywhere)

Palm Beach Central High School 3

Posted March 24, 2011
I agree with a Previous post. The school is more interested in tracking attendance and tardies (3 seconds after bell rings) is considered late..which lands the student a detention. The school has 3000 students, all navigating at once, with stops to lockers between classes in addition to the morning drop off line. More focus on that then teaching. My child has been slammed with detentions..btw no bus after detentions. My child is always stressed out about this. Today I was told by school that they had a full house at the Saturday detention. Unreal.

Palm Beach Central High School 3

Posted March 09, 2011
I was a student here for 4 years and graduated in 2009. This school has good teachers...about 7 of them. The office staff is so beyond RUDE, they made me cry 3 separate times...and I have never had ANY behavior problems. It doesnt doesn't matter if you are alumni, a parent, a student, or a soon-to-be student...they treat you horribly. It is built like a prison (I know this because I sat next to one of the architects on a plane from Tampa, who told me they designed it like a prison). I had good teachers, I only have to use one hand to count them. There is a serious lack of trust in the students from ALL staff. I am glad I am out of there. Was I prepared for college? Yes, but that is only because I was in all honors and AP classes. Best of luck to all who will or are going to PBCHS.

Posted August 11, 2010
This school is huge, disorganized, and the kids are mostly under the influence, and mouth off to the teachers. It's also messy and the school actually is accepting the bad behavior of so many teens like littering cussing and more... The teachers don't even teach u much at all, and most of the staff are just down right rude... Avoid going to this school!

Palm Beach Central High School
8499 Forest Hill Boulevard, Wellington, FL  33411
Last modified Palm Beach Central High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Palm Beach Central High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 48 reviews. Top