Elbridge Gale Elementary School 2

Posted March 13, 2014
I have two children attending this school. Let me first say the teachers are good. They are overworked and understaffed, but they do a good job except for one area, communication. They seem to not use email as we have been trying all year to get them to communicate with us via email. This is apparently a challenge at this school. As for the administration, it is lacking in a couple of key areas; first off the car line in the morning is a disaster, so unbelievably UN-organized. There is one adult supervising the car line. That is a disgrace. The patrols are standing around in little clicks chatting and not paying attention to the cars. Second the ESE department is poorly managed and not followed through on one bit. Third we have not seen or heard from the principal once this year. There seems to be a lack of direction and follow through at all levels we have encountered at this school. Improvements could include a better managed and better supervised car line in the morning. Communications from the teachers!!!! And most importantly, leadership from the principle.

Posted February 10, 2014
Staff over tasked. Poor supervision in cafeteria, Bullying! problem not handled since start of 2013/2014 school year.

Elbridge Gale Elementary School 4

Posted August 02, 2013
My daughter has been attending Elbridge Gale since Kindergarten. She is entering her final year in fifth grade this year. She is a very smart girl with excellent grades. Every year I mention to the teachers to keep her busy because she is a very active and a talker. This has been our only challenge. Some teachers know how to handle active kids but a few really need to adapt. Some absolutely fabulous teachers that encourage and connect with the kids are Ms. Koy ,Mr. Scazzaro ,Mrs. Saxon and Miss JB. They have all impacted my daughter in the most positive way. If you are a working parent, the aftercare program is one of the best!! They have homework time, snack time and various activities to stimulate every child's imagination. I would highly recommend this school.

Posted December 11, 2012
It's a good school, but if you are a parent with multiple aged children and one happens to be in kindergarten, be prepared to make two lines at dismissal. The principal has taken the liberty to dismiss K students through the bus loop at 1:40 pm. Afterwards, you must go through the front of the school and sit in another line and wait for 2:05 dismissal for you other child/children. That must be fine and dandy for stay at home parents. I'm surprised no other parent has complained, and if so, that nothing was done.I was told it was not School Board policy to use the bus loop to dismiss non-school bus riding children, but no one seems to want to act upon the inquiry. I know this has been an issue before, as I recall getting a memo and a message a year ago concerning K dismissal procedure changes late in the school year. I just can't recall the issue since it did not apply to me. God forbid you are late, as you are spoken down to like a child, to say the least. Adding insult to injury, no other elementary school in Wellington dismisses siblings separately either....HMMMM

Posted August 16, 2012
In May I went to EGES to get information on their VPK program. The first receptionist I met, a Hispanic woman, was very patient and informative providing me with an application and contact info for if I had any questions. I came back a week later to turn in the application it was about 5 minutes before the office closed, I was let in by an employee and was told that the receptionist was in the back but would be out to assist me. This was a different receptionist from my first visit and when she came out she asked me how did I get in and told me that the office was closed and that i had to come back another day. I was a little upset and gave her a pass as she was probably having a bad day. I did came back to turn in the application she was more pleasant and helpful. I met with the principal who was at first was dismissive but after completing the tour was very engaging and informative. Now flash forward to August, a week before school starts, i receive several calls from the school to confirm my sons attendance and that I have to meet with the teacher sometime on Friday but that she will call me to confirm. It's Thursday night and no call...I will check back with another review

Posted July 24, 2012
Elbridge Gale has been our first experience in the public school system. As a parent I consider myself a dedicated partner in our children's academic success and all too critical at times. My son is a gifted, highly energetic challenging child and the teachers and principal has been extremely supportive in meeting his developmental and educational needs. Our experience has been one surrounded by caring, enthusiastic teachers. If I had one complaint, I would love for opportunities for more community building among the parents. All too happy, Parent

Posted November 09, 2011
This is the best school my son has attended by far. The staff is friendly and helpful, they treat all kids respectfully and the teachers work hard and celebrate academic improvement. My son is happy to go to school. He has no friends because the kids in 5th grade are very clique and can be very unfriendly but this is very secondary to us. I would love to see more team building effort in class. I am very happy with the quality of the teaching, which is the main goal. Five stars and a high five.

Posted October 27, 2011
Hi, I am a teacher and have also substitute taught at schools across PBC, and I can say that EGES is one of the best run schools in the county, not to mention they have some of the nicest teachers and students. To address the person who was unhappy with the behavior of the children, swearing, etc... unfortunately it only gets worse at other schools. I will not sub at most central PBC schools because of the unruly behavior. To the person who mentioned that parents are not allowed to get out of their cars and socialize in the car loop, this is for the childrens' safety. It also holds up the line and when cars are backed up all the way down the street, people become impatient and use poor judgement. To all the parents who feel this school is too FCAT driven... I haven't found a Florida public school that is not. This is the result of No Child Left Behind, and the goal is to bring Florida out of the bottom percentile. Overall, I love EGES and how smoothly it runs, the well behaved children, the supportive administration, and the positive attitudes!

Posted March 23, 2011
EGES now has the Palm Beach County teacher of the year honors! The Principal is obviously doing the right things for the school, the teachers and most importantly the students....

Posted March 09, 2011
Excellence brought to a new level! My son has been at Elbridge Gale for 3 years now and each year he has been blessed with extraordinary teachers who love to teach and motivate students to be the best they can be! He has had a wonderful, well rounded, elementary experience so far. He is challenged when needed, tutored when needed, commended for his excellent choices and corrected behaviorally when necessary. I have experienced excellent communication from teachers, office and administration. I couldn't be happier with this school. EGES ROCKS!

Elbridge Gale Elementary School
1915 Royal Fern Boulevard, Wellington, FL  33414
Last modified Elbridge Gale Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Elbridge Gale Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 49 reviews. Top