1,223 students|Palm Beach

Bad
Good

The school does not support it's Special Education students unique needs. There are not an unique skills or learning strategies classes for students with specific learning disabilities. Neighboring schools have them- Polo Park and Woodlands Middle. They choose to just dump the SLD students in general education classes and offer less and less support each year. There are not any small group teaching or evidence based instruction going on here as required by Federal Individuals with Disabilities Act (IDEA). The ESE teachers need more time built into the schedule to assist the students they are assigned to. ( a homeroom or a strategies class on block schedules)

My daughter started here in 6th grade. We had high expectations because we loved Equestrian Trails right next door and since they're in close proximity we figured they'd be somewhat similar. What we found was teachers that didn't want to teach the first year. We dealt with it figuring MS was different from elementary. Second year, out of all of her teachers, again, one sub par teacher. 8th grade came and we truly saw a pattern. She had a science teacher showing the class baby bunnies being skinned. I had to sign a permission slip for my daughter to watch Titanic in 6th or 7th yet, this didn't warrant the same? My daughter loves animals (as do we, her parents), so, this did not sit well. This teacher is well known in the parental and fellow teaching community to be incompetent. In addition, the school is also bad with handling situations. As long as your child doesn't run into any issues here, I guess I could see how you'd consider it an okay school. Unfortunately, we had an issue. All they wanted to do was sweep it under the rug. There was no formal process at all. I wouldn't send my dog there. Hoping the incoming new Principal changes things drastically.

Emerald Cove Middle School is a fabulous school with a rigorous education plan, intelligent teachers, and a strong Leadership Team. My concerns have always been addressed immediately by teachers, guidance counselors, the Nurse, Front Office Staff and the greatest Middle School Principal on this planet, Dr. Lucas!! I LOVE the strict zero tolerance rule at ECMS!! I LOVE their Homework Policy and that my daughter has never ever been given busy-work. Her assignments directly coincide with the class work of that day! I LOVE the safety rules on school wide events and I dearly THANK those who took the time to plan, coordinate and ensure that my daughter had the best time at her year end trip. Dr. Lucas you will be so missed, Ms. Chapman, you are AWESOME!! Deborah Cirincione

My daughter was bullied and groped by several boys and the leadership there blamed my daughter. They didn't perform a thorough investigation, and didn't follow proper Florida Regulations. Leadership there is a joke. Most of the teachers are ill-prepared - come on, going to a hockey game for History Class? What about learning about Henry Flagler or St. Augustine/Ponce de Leon. No wonder why the kids in this school don't do well. Try teaching!

Im in 8th grade and I hate this school. I rather be homeschooled, I told the guidance counselor I dont feel comfortable in a class and the teacher is absolutely rude ( I basically get bullied by the teacher ) and all guidance counselor does is say you will get through it. They don't help at all. If it wasnt for couple more months of school, I would of been homeschooled. A teacher I have is absolutely rude and picks on me even the whole class knows and they won't put me out. I can't wait to go to highschool so I can get out if this nightmare. I would not refer this school to anybody.

My daughter was bullied for the majority of the year last year. I went in to the school on numerous occasions. The counselor informed me that things would be done. The bullying continued. I went in again. They told me I needed to calm down. My daughter is seeing a psychiatrist because of this bullying. The girls are still saying nasty comments to my daughter and bullying her. I have been homeschooling my daughter for the beginning of 8th grade; however, she wants to go back to school because she misses her friends. I am debating to send her back to this school because the bullies are still there. Where is the justice? I think those bullies should have been punished or expelled from the school.

This is my last year in ECMS. The education is really good, they have highschool courses so if your more advance you can take it. They have virtual class. Some teachers are really rude and they pick your elective but overall its an okay school.

Well, I must say my son attended this school and he was never the same. Although the teachers in the core classes were excellent, the school itself had big problems. First, the policy of a zero or 50% for missed homework is terrible. It is inconsistent and it promotes a feeling of failure for the kids. - to fail kids for missed homework is counterproductive. A policy to promote learning should be used--maybe assign double homework if missed.. Second, there is no real partnership or attempt at partnership with parents. There is no strict rules on upgrading edline, and many teachers don't even post homework.. For these kids, it's all new to have 7 classes, and 7 teachers, and keep an agenda etc. but there is little support. Second, PE is a disaster at this school. I recommend everyone to opt out of PE. It's a Mess with 60 plus kids with sometimes much more from all grades combined. Half the kids sit around because they can't even participate since there are too many kids. The kids at this school are rude to teachers to a shocking degree. The policy of no uniforms is a bad one for this age group as it promotes bully issues. Overall great teachers,but bad atmosphere

It is amazing how a few parents who have problem kids and have to deal with administration give this school a bad name. From my personal experience I have had nothing but positive experiences with the school. They have always called me back and have the best interest of the children of the school as their top priority! Stop bashing administration just because you child gets in trouble!

ECMS was a very good school, but this new year is seeing it start to fall apart. Electives are forced upon you, lunch is a mess, and the car line is disorganized. 6th graders mixed in with 8th in the same classes, and broken school properties. As a student who has been here 2 years, I can honestly say this.

Last modified Emerald Cove Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.