831 students|Pasco

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Develops character: Disagree

This is my second time trying to submit my answer and you do not register it they are prejudiced against Latinos

The school is more interested in the School overall rating score than the education of Children as individuals. My grandson attended K-2. There are good teachers, but they also have teachers that should retire because they lost the love for enlightening Young minds. My grandson did not like going to class because the teacher would embarass him in front of class. Had to fight to change teacher 2month ending his 2nd grade. 30 days into his 3rd grade, the day before the FCAT test / they gave him a practice test, did not do good to their standards when we received the call that they decided to transfer him to another school reason they gave attendance, because he missed 2 days of school, which we had valid excuse. It is sad but true, we take it as a sign, it's best for his state of mind.

This is our first year at VES and so far it's amazing. We moved from another school district and it doesn't even compare. My son and daughter our both middle range for education and they get extra help with their reading. All the teachers are so positive, help the ones that struggle and give great feedback to the parents. The classes have Ipads, organized and not 3 hours of homework every night. I've only been impressed so far and would highly recommend this school to any new families coming in the area.

i have had multiple children begin their education at Veterans Elementary and then had them pulled to go elsewhere. By their own admission they are not equipped to handle children that dont fit a certain mold. It has broken my heart to hear some of the stories my kids have come home with about the teachers and administration. To hear a child tell you their teacher hates them or embarasses them in front of their peers is heartwrenching. If your child is not 'perfect' then this is NOT the school for you.

It is true that VES is very concerned with test scores. I have read some of the other reviews and do not agree. If a parent is placed at odds with the school over sevices needed for their child many parents are made to feel shut out or unwelcome especially if we quote things seen on school grounds! If fighting for ESE services make sure you bring a advocate to the 504/IEP meetings! Another issue that is annoying is that the administration at VES does not accept accountability for the things that happen there. If there is an issue it seems many times it is not acknowledged or blame is passed along to a parent or an outside vendor. It is a large school dealing with a growing population and many times it can feel like a well oiled machine! During test such as the FCAT it seems that the students taking the test are most important and all other students take a back seat. Normally, I would not mind the over abundance of Teacher Directed playground time but with everything going on Supervision is problem. If there are issues be prepared to not have the same access to your child other people do the bigger mouth that you have especially with things that can not be denied! Good Luck!

Veterans in Wesley Chapel has the best yelling coach that using a speaker systems that will knocks your socks off. He teaches the limbo He teaches the students and all the neighbors in the area how to use your outside voices and get us ready to go clubbing. when we graduate. Lucky kids I had to learn the 3 r's when I went to school.

I've been with this school from 2009-2012 and I can say, from my experience, this is THE best elementary school in the county. I loved all my teachers. They are all devoted to their work and it feels like a priority to keep all students on track and never leave people with disabilities behind. The ESE is great from my experience and the PE classes are fun for kids and have games and fun to keep your kids active for an hour. If your child has ADD, ADHD, Autism, or whatever, the ESE program and other features will help your child. The conditions of the school is excellent and looks nice for a six-year old school. I highly recommend this school.

My son has been at this school for 2 years. And I don't think I could write enough good things!!! Love the school the teachers and all that they do! They really do get involved with your child and the activities in the school are very good. Ms. Lee 3rd grade teacher we love her! She is awesome! I would recommend this school to anyone who lives in Wesley chapel.

This is a decent school if your child has ZERO issues, not even ADHD. My child went here for 1 year and it was HORRIBLE! If your child is perfect (smart, well-behaved ALL the time) then you will have no problems, but if your child needs a little extra help or attention, trust me...look elsewhere!

My daughter has attended VES since they opened and I couldn't be happier. The teachers and faculty all truly seem to love what they do and make sure the children have a great experience during their time there.

Last modified Veterans Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.