785 students|Pasco

Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Of course every teacher will be different, and my three daughters are hard workers and well behaved, but I found the teachers to be very patient and supportive, clear in the direction given and fair in grading and communication. I regularly requested conferences to make sure I understood grades and programming, teachers were always glad to meet and review student progress.

Wonderful school! Fairly new with current technology and facilities. Excellent traditional curriculum as well as nice music and p.e. Program. Well run PTA and fun extra events for the kids through out the year (movie night, bingo, field days/carnivals). Diverse student population so all ethnic groups are at home here and children are rewarded for skills as well as behavioral leadership. Administration cares and offers an open door. Children thrive here.

I am very happy with this school and feel it is being ran exceptionally well. My kids love going to school everyday, their teachers and staff are very responsive!

Wow thanks for the feedback and sorry your child has gone through this! . I have two kids at this school. I know you probably don't want to say who that teacher is but can you at least say what grade? I don't want my kids in a class with a teacher like that. Have you told anyone about this???

Parents be warned. This school is OVER RATED. Dropped from an A to a C school in public school ratings PER STATE of FLORIDA. Credit should be given where due. Yes the administration meets and greets students coming and going with a warm smile, and knows them by name, but that means NOTHING in the grand scheme of things by the end of the day when your child spends their entire day at school supposidly being educated to have to come home and spend hours on homework, computer lessons and tutoring. God forbid if teachers are called out on the carpet to actually communicate appropriately to parents and STUDENTS. Trust me, if your child says that the teacher is acting uncivil in class, terrifying, degrading, embarrassing, yelling, and acting out of sorts with your student or classmates it is probably true. Also, if you do desire OLD FASHIONED communication like in the "olden days" i.e. by phone or in person, your chances are slim to none in that department with some of the staff, even after pleading. DONT BLINK, read/keep ALL notes home. If you feel that you were not told something that is prob true too. LOTS of communication problems, LOTS!!!! PRAY hard for your kids and GOOD LUCK!

We just moved here and my daughter love the school! The principal and the teachers are great !

I too am not sure how this school got a 7 out of 10. In my book, it is an 11. My child has been going there since Kindergarten (the first year it opened) and it is a wonderful school. The staff is great, they all know the kids and really care about them. The programs they have to help them are great too. The have Citizen of the Month Club and the Outstanding Owls Club, among others that help keep the kids motivated and build self esteem and character as well as give them a feeling of accomplishment. Mr. Mitchell, the principal is great with the kids and works with the parents and staff to help make the school a better place. This school is a 'green' school so it is also eco-friendly. I highly recommend this elementary school for anyone moving into the area...just an added note, the school received an 'A' grade rating for the 2nd year in a row.

The BEST Elementary School in Wesley Chapel. Both my children attend and although I'm zoned for Quail Hollow, it is worth the drive to past two schools to attend Watergrass. Mr. Mitchell, the Principal, is awesome. He is outside during car ride pick up calling out the kids names. The teachers are enthusiastic, friendly, caring and it's a good team, with a leader who runs a tight ship. Lots of fun activities, and a safe, nurturing environment. My experience: K, 1st, 2nd grade teachers are exceptional. It's like sending my kids to a private school for free in Pasco County. It's a well kept secret for us parents. Thank you Watergrass administration and teachers. LOVE Watergrass OWLS!!

Love Love Love this school!!!!!! My child just started Kindergarten...and ever single person I have met is just wonderful!!!

This school is an excellent school. How it got a rating of 7 out of 10 is beyond me. I would have rated it as a "10." Starting with the principal who is very much involved and going on to the staff. They are excellent. My child absolutely adores this school and so do I. They plan so many activities for the kids and the teachers seem to get along beautifully. That is important because in a school where they don't get along, you feel the tension. I can go on and on about this school so I'll just end it here....I LOVE WGES!

Last modified Watergrass Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.