Seven Oaks Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 1001 students

Posted November 13, 2013

Love this school and the New principal is the old vice principle from 2 yrs back and she was outside the first day of school doing the traffic. She is always around; at lunch, at buses, doing car line, etc... Great group of teachers who care.

Posted October 18, 2013

I am really surprised that it is already the 10th week of school and my child has not meet/or seen the new principal. As a parent who volunteers on a weekly basis for both the PTA and with the class, I have yet to meet or even see ( except from a distance) the new principle either. I understood it in the beginning but the fact that my son is yet to meet or see her has me concerned and quite annoyed. I hope this changes and quickly. I am afraid that if she does not start "showing herself" there will be a lack of control within the school. I do not want what i believe is a rather well oiled ,machine to fail under this new regime. I think it is shameful that my child has not met his principle

Posted September 26, 2013

I have has wonderful teachers and wonderful experiences at this school. My kids love it and I love it!!!!

Posted November 21, 2012

The teachers at this school are knowledgable and go above and beyond for students. The principal, however, is another story all together. It's obvious that she detests young children. Not the kind of person I want as the principal of my child's school.

Posted April 29, 2012

We moved to the area 3 years ago so that my child could attend this school. Its our 3rd year here and this last year has been the worst. SOME of the teachers are NOT patient. They do not seem to do much if your child is bullied. It seems they have done more to protect the bully in our case. I don t believe they realize the true situation nor do they seem to care. We are putting our child in a Private Christian School next year due to these issues we have experienced.

Posted August 20, 2011

Kids do come first there. The principal does care about the students, teachers and parents. Parents have plenty of opportunities to come into the class. Its a no win situation with some parents. Apparently some of those parents have posted on here.

Posted July 9, 2011

In answer to Feb 8 posters question: Parents are afraid of going up against her. The very great majority don't have any courage at all and think that it will never affect them and don't have any clue about the "Then they came for me" concept.

Posted June 8, 2011

SOES is a very good school. Ms. Smith, the principal, runs a tight ship. She makes sure her teachers do their jobs and she's hired some great teachers. Yes, she has an obsessive compulsive personality d/o but somehow it keeps the school running like a professional business. For personal matters that need sensitivity/warmth, Ms. Smith has hired an approachable vice-principal and caring guidance counselors. My child has some LD and received a can-do spirit and great encouragement. The school reward kids for what they do well and this builds confidence. My child learned to love school this year and had a teacher that made learning fun. My child's classroom also had cutting edge technology that the kids had fun learning to use. I had been afraid of "public school" before this year...yet, in Florida, one should be more wary of the private schools that do not have learning theories put into practice. "A" rated schools in Florida blow all the private schools & charters away--the infrastructure is more conscious & intelligently designed for learning key skills and the teachers are more competent & educated.

Posted January 19, 2011

Love this school. My son is attending SOES PK for hearing impaired toddlers. He has a 45 minute bus ride everyday to school, but it is well worth it. His teachers (Mrs. Sizemore and Mrs. Zurita) treat him as if he were their own. They're so great about keeping me up-to-date about what's going on in the classroom and suggesting what I can do at home to expand his learning. When he first started this school, he was behind on his expressive language skills, in 6 months time, he's almost filled the gap. I love how much my son has learned but what I love most is knowing how well cared for he is. He was running in PE one day last week, and ran right into a pole. He came home and told me about how he cried, and Mrs. Zurita held him with an ice pack on his head. My son is also receiving OT and PT assitance. His PT has gone above and beyond to make sure that he has what he needs to succeed and even called me during the winter break to share good news with me. It's great knowing that not only is my son getting a good education, he's well cared for too. I highly recommend SOES.

Posted September 24, 2010

Teachers are pretty good. Principal is very very difficult. Academic standards are good. Small favored pack of Moms are there all the time; volunteer opportunities are kept mysterious to those not in the In Crowd of blond-haired Moms. Parents are very clique--ish and parental interest and involvement are very low.

Posted April 28, 2010

Seven Oaks is a good school, overall. I have two kids there and they are enjoying the experience. They are excellent students and always get A's in their report cards. However.... I think the school should improve their communication with parents, very often I find there was a party in the classroom, a fundraising or even a test I was not aware of. Also, I have tried many times to come to the classroom as a volunteer buy it seems teachers don't like us being around.

Posted April 19, 2010

My grandkids are students there and they are excellent students and the teachers are wonderful.

Posted March 25, 2009

I agree. I know that whenever I talk to other parents they have complete access to all the teachers. If a child needs further challenges all the teachers will assist in this task.

Posted December 28, 2008

Love SOES. Everything from the classroom teaching to the wondeful guys who teach P.E. My kids have gone to several schools but this is the first one with a truly feeling of family. I've never seen any school for example where the P.E. staff greets me at my car and talks to me about how my daughters are doing in school. The staff here is both friendly and caring. Check out their web to see everything they do.

Posted November 7, 2008

I have to say that I am not pleased with SOES. My son is in the gifted program and they do not have anything to offer him. They claim that they are giving him extra work to do that is more challenging, but I have yet to see anything done. They only cater to those who are at an average level. I had an understanding that they had PODS to teach at different levels, but that is obviously not the case. I am going to have to change schools as a result. Very sad!

Posted June 16, 2008

My child is in the 4th grade at Seven Oaks and her dad and I are very pleased at the school's vision and progress. Way to GO Seven Oaks faculty and staff!

Posted November 29, 2007

I am a parent at SOES and have 2 children attending the school. We are new to the school as well as Florida. We are going thru some adjustment period for the school is very different than where we came from. I do not feel the teachers are good at communicating with parents. My children are in two different pods. I am thankful to have children that are doing fine academically in school. I am use to a more family friendly feeling school. This school is very large so it has a much different feel. I will say at this point we are happy with the education that they are recieving at school. Overall it is a decent school just very different than what we came from. I do wish the staff all around would be more friendly and communicate more.

Posted November 4, 2007

I have 2 children at Seven Oaks, and I am very pleased their overall experience at this school. The teachers, principal, and vice principals have been very communicative and responded immediately to the all my concerns that I called or emailed about. Even an incident on the school bus was resolved immediately thanks to the principal's rapid response! The kids are doing well academically and they love their pod and all the teachers in it. The get what seems to be a lot of homework (12 pages a week in kindergarten) but they finish it before the due date, so I feel they're are being challenged at an appropriate level! I'm also very pleased with the art, music, and PE programs at Seven Oaks Elementary!

Posted September 1, 2007

I have 2 children who attend this school. I love the staff and the overall atmosphere. Both my children learn differently, and they are both successful.

Posted July 16, 2007

I love the staff at SOES!!! The teachers are great and they work very hard with all students. The school is beginning its third year and even though there have been may changes they are still putting students first. They are an 'A' school once again and that shows the dedication and hard work that goes on between teachers, parents and students. Keep up the good work Seven Oaks!!!!!

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2014.

171 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

171 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2014.

166 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

166 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2014.

156 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

162 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

161 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 54% in 2014.

161 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

130 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "A".

Ethnicity This school

Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2012-2013

Teacher credentials

Classes taught by non-highly qualified teachers 9%N/A5%
Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2011-2012

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

27633 Mystic Oak Boulevard