Wesley Chapel, FL
Students enrolled: 1,001

Posted November 13, 2013
Love this school and the New principal is the old vice principle from 2 yrs back and she was outside the first day of school doing the traffic. She is always around; at lunch, at buses, doing car line, etc... Great group of teachers who care.

Seven Oaks Elementary School 4

Posted October 18, 2013
I am really surprised that it is already the 10th week of school and my child has not meet/or seen the new principal. As a parent who volunteers on a weekly basis for both the PTA and with the class, I have yet to meet or even see ( except from a distance) the new principle either. I understood it in the beginning but the fact that my son is yet to meet or see her has me concerned and quite annoyed. I hope this changes and quickly. I am afraid that if she does not start "showing herself" there will be a lack of control within the school. I do not want what i believe is a rather well oiled ,machine to fail under this new regime. I think it is shameful that my child has not met his principle

Posted September 26, 2013
I have has wonderful teachers and wonderful experiences at this school. My kids love it and I love it!!!!

Seven Oaks Elementary School 3

Posted November 21, 2012
The teachers at this school are knowledgable and go above and beyond for students. The principal, however, is another story all together. It's obvious that she detests young children. Not the kind of person I want as the principal of my child's school.

Seven Oaks Elementary School 1

Posted April 29, 2012
We moved to the area 3 years ago so that my child could attend this school. Its our 3rd year here and this last year has been the worst. SOME of the teachers are NOT patient. They do not seem to do much if your child is bullied. It seems they have done more to protect the bully in our case. I don t believe they realize the true situation nor do they seem to care. We are putting our child in a Private Christian School next year due to these issues we have experienced.

Posted August 20, 2011
Kids do come first there. The principal does care about the students, teachers and parents. Parents have plenty of opportunities to come into the class. Its a no win situation with some parents. Apparently some of those parents have posted on here.

Seven Oaks Elementary School 3

Posted July 09, 2011
In answer to Feb 8 posters question: Parents are afraid of going up against her. The very great majority don't have any courage at all and think that it will never affect them and don't have any clue about the "Then they came for me" concept.

Seven Oaks Elementary School 4

Posted June 08, 2011
SOES is a very good school. Ms. Smith, the principal, runs a tight ship. She makes sure her teachers do their jobs and she's hired some great teachers. Yes, she has an obsessive compulsive personality d/o but somehow it keeps the school running like a professional business. For personal matters that need sensitivity/warmth, Ms. Smith has hired an approachable vice-principal and caring guidance counselors. My child has some LD and received a can-do spirit and great encouragement. The school reward kids for what they do well and this builds confidence. My child learned to love school this year and had a teacher that made learning fun. My child's classroom also had cutting edge technology that the kids had fun learning to use. I had been afraid of "public school" before this year...yet, in Florida, one should be more wary of the private schools that do not have learning theories put into practice. "A" rated schools in Florida blow all the private schools & charters away--the infrastructure is more conscious & intelligently designed for learning key skills and the teachers are more competent & educated.

Posted January 19, 2011
Love this school. My son is attending SOES PK for hearing impaired toddlers. He has a 45 minute bus ride everyday to school, but it is well worth it. His teachers (Mrs. Sizemore and Mrs. Zurita) treat him as if he were their own. They're so great about keeping me up-to-date about what's going on in the classroom and suggesting what I can do at home to expand his learning. When he first started this school, he was behind on his expressive language skills, in 6 months time, he's almost filled the gap. I love how much my son has learned but what I love most is knowing how well cared for he is. He was running in PE one day last week, and ran right into a pole. He came home and told me about how he cried, and Mrs. Zurita held him with an ice pack on his head. My son is also receiving OT and PT assitance. His PT has gone above and beyond to make sure that he has what he needs to succeed and even called me during the winter break to share good news with me. It's great knowing that not only is my son getting a good education, he's well cared for too. I highly recommend SOES.

Seven Oaks Elementary School 2

Posted September 24, 2010
Teachers are pretty good. Principal is very very difficult. Academic standards are good. Small favored pack of Moms are there all the time; volunteer opportunities are kept mysterious to those not in the In Crowd of blond-haired Moms. Parents are very clique--ish and parental interest and involvement are very low.

Seven Oaks Elementary School
27633 Mystic Oak Boulevard, Wesley Chapel, FL  33544
Last modified Seven Oaks Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Seven Oaks Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top