Wesley Chapel, FL

Double Branch Elementary School 3

Posted September 28, 2014
A friendly school with very nice people. The mentality of the school lacks when it comes to challenge children beyond what they can achieve. They say it and say very well, but always say the lack of funds in Florida limit what can be done as well as IEP support. When a teacher predicts success rates in September and state that student will go at his own stride is heartbreaking.

Posted August 13, 2014
So I'm going to be telling a story about my kid at the school so she's been here since the middle of third grade and she says she likes it she's going into fifth grade she's excited and nervous at the same time the way she's nervous is because she doesn't want to get bullied and I can understand that because I got bullied at one point in my life and I got through it so I'm pretty sure she can get through it and if my child needs to stick up for herself she's going to stick up for herself because I'm not going to deal with any drama with the teachers or anyone else my daughter says she likes the school so if my daughter likes the school I like the school I'm just worried about her learning pace in math then I like the school I'm just worried about her learning process and her pace and Matt

Double Branch Elementary School 2

Posted January 24, 2014
I have mixed feelings about this school. Last year my child attended this school and the teacher was great and kept me informed of what was going on in the class. But there were bullying issues, which were dealt with. But this year, I am not impressed with the teacher this year. The bullying is continuing and nothing is being really done about it. My child fights with me every day about going to school and I feel bad about sending to school. And if my child does something bad then they jump all over it and I feel that they dish out an over abundance of punishment. my kid is a victim by the bullies and the staff. don't get me started on the social worker either. just let's say she needs to retire. I have asked numerous times for help and have gotten "I have a book for you to read". She didn't even remember my child, except for looking at her notes about my child. Just be careful wherever you go in Pasco County.

Posted October 16, 2013
My kids have attended DBES for the past five years and it is a wonderful school. Both the facilities and the staff are top notch!

Posted June 20, 2013
This was my child's first year at DBES, and it was excellent! My child's teacher was amazing! She was creative, caring and had excellent communication with the parents. The staff was friendly and down to earth and kind. My child learned so much this year and had fun while doing it. I spent a fortune in private Pre K & Kindergarden, and it made me realize that I should have given our local public school a chance much sooner! Thank you to the teachers and staff at DBES, it was a great year!

Posted June 04, 2013
DBES is a great school. Mrs. Becky has been a fabulous Pre-k teacher for my son. He has made so many learning gains. The administration is knowledgeable and helpful too.

Posted October 27, 2012
Coming from the nNortheast, I was skeptical about Florida schools. I must admit I was surprised with this school. My child's teacher shows her true passion everyday with her constant effort to keep her class on target. She welcomes parents who want to volunteer to help their children and/or classmates. The principle and staff work diligently to help students achieve their goals. A+ for effort. The downside is that there are too many cars to pick up kid. One can wait as much as 2 hours before school lets out. I can see why rules at this school need to be strict for the safety of others.

Posted October 26, 2012
Horrible leadership with bad attitudes, totalitarian/militaristic mentality of principal. The data administrator called social services on my wife because our daughter missed one week of school (suffering from upper respiratory/throat infection with a virus and bronchitis) although my wife provided the school with a doctors note and our daughter is at the top of her class. Teachers were nice and my daughter loved them and her classmates, but I think we are sending her to another school next year...The staff is too much for anyone to deal with!

Posted August 09, 2012
Poor Leadership from Office Staff to Teachers... Teachers are all overwhelmed and students are suffering. Bullies are running the classrooms. Poor curriculum, not challenging. Sending my child to a different school this year!

Posted March 15, 2012
It's no surprise this school hasn't had a review since summer '10. It's the worst school my children have ever attended. I thought their last school was the worst, but this one takes the cake. The whole administrative staff and teachers only care about the "good" children that are smart and don't cause any problems. They could care less about the "exceptional" children that have learning disabilities, such as mine, because they're too much of a hassle to deal with. They share the school psychologist and social worker with three other schools, and the guidance counselor doesn't even provide one on one counseling for those in need. I encourage anyone with children that fit the "exceptional" category to search elsewhere for educational opportunities. All this school strives for is the highest FCAT scores, and they know the difficult children will bring their scores down. They rather have parents pull their learning disabled children out of their school, than to try to educate them. Also, your children WILL be bullied by the so called "good" children, and NO ONE will ever do anything about the situation. Prepare to fight for your children everyday. Good luck!!!

Double Branch Elementary School
31500 Chancey Road, Wesley Chapel, FL  33543
Last modified Double Branch Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Double Branch Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top