Wesley Chapel, FL

Posted September 20, 2013
This is a great Elementary School. They have very caring teachers and staff. I definitely recommend it!

Posted February 22, 2013
Multiple people have told me bad things about the ESE program including a family member with a child in ESE here and an ex-employee. The teachers/specialists are not applying the skills they need to use for students. They don t take the time it requires to help the students and no one is holding them accountable. They treat these students like gen ed which is why there are behavior issues. When a student is acting up they give in to make them stop and send them to the office if it doesn t. Sending an ESE student to the office is not an effective strategy because they don t know the concept of the office and the transition from the class to the office causes stress. To them it is just a person how calls mom to pick them up. So why wouldn t they misbehave they get to go home. Does this really help a student s education and why didn t the behavior specialist know this when walking them to the office? The students need to be taught to be responsible for their actions with a consistent positive behavior system. The staff needs to stop being lazy and work with the child. These are exceptional students that need modifications and accommodation with academics AND behavior.

Posted July 06, 2011
i love this school best one i have been to in my life! all my classmates enjoy my teacher and still do mrs. carlson thankl you for teaching me and telling me good advice and also getting me at capture the donut ps tell all your new student about your old ones and they will love u forever just like me and abby will your class pets! love samantha cotto!

Posted April 26, 2011
If you are looking for a school that helps challenge your kids then keep looking because this is not the spot. Overcrowding due to lack of hiring is what you will find. Instead of worrying about the good kids the focus is on letting no child being left behind no matter what inappropriate act is done. My child has been removed from this school and will never return..... If you don't really care about your childs education and you are okay with huge behavior issues then please come to New River!!!

New River Elementary School 0

Posted April 22, 2010
New River is a wonderful school where teachers, administrators and other stakeholders see the school not as a place of work, but a place for vocational dedication to our children. I am an extremely happy parents and I will recommend this school all parents

Posted August 15, 2009

Posted May 27, 2009
I have two children who go to this school and I think it's great. One of my kids have epilepsy and the other has a.d.h.d and they have really gave them the support that they so long needed. The staff and teachers are great. My children love going to this school.

Posted January 15, 2009

Posted January 10, 2009
Our daughter has attended New River since it was first created in 2007, and she loves this school. The teachers and staff really put forth an extra effort to get parents involved in their childrens lives, with hosting numerous educational events throughout the year. The school is a well built new school which recently moved to it's new building in Feb/2008. Our daughter's teacher (Mrs.Martin) is a National Board Certified School Teacher with 21 yrs experience. From the principle on down, we have been thoroughly impressed with all of the staff at this school

Posted May 27, 2008
I love this school. The teachers really care about the students and all the staff is wonderful. My daughter has learned so much from Ms. Lupo.

New River Elementary School
4710 River Glen Boulevard, Wesley Chapel, FL  33545
Last modified New River Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
New River Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top