661 students|Pasco

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

This site is not up to date. This is a B grade school and its wonderful. I just received a call from my daughters teacher just to see if I had questions and how she was responding to the new school. The teacher answered all my questions and gave me advise. They have save environment and great staff. My daughter is happy going to this school.

I choose to send my daughters to this school via School Choice. My kids have truly flourished at this school. The administration is very helpful and is always open to my feedback. I have only had one experience where the teacher my daughter had was not a good fit for her. After speaking with the principal, my daughter was moved to a new teacher within the week. Both Mrs. Pabst and Mrs. Craig are very involved with the students. They attend the extra curricular activities to show support to the children. I could not ask for a better experience at an elementary school. I feel like this is the best school in the area. There is such a feeling of family and community there. I would recommend this school time and time again.

This is a great Elementary School. They have very caring teachers and staff. I definitely recommend it!

Multiple people have told me bad things about the ESE program including a family member with a child in ESE here and an ex-employee. The teachers/specialists are not applying the skills they need to use for students. They don t take the time it requires to help the students and no one is holding them accountable. They treat these students like gen ed which is why there are behavior issues. When a student is acting up they give in to make them stop and send them to the office if it doesn t. Sending an ESE student to the office is not an effective strategy because they don t know the concept of the office and the transition from the class to the office causes stress. To them it is just a person how calls mom to pick them up. So why wouldn t they misbehave they get to go home. Does this really help a student s education and why didn t the behavior specialist know this when walking them to the office? The students need to be taught to be responsible for their actions with a consistent positive behavior system. The staff needs to stop being lazy and work with the child. These are exceptional students that need modifications and accommodation with academics AND behavior.

i love this school best one i have been to in my life! all my classmates enjoy my teacher and still do mrs. carlson thankl you for teaching me and telling me good advice and also getting me at capture the donut ps tell all your new student about your old ones and they will love u forever just like me and abby will your class pets! love samantha cotto!

If you are looking for a school that helps challenge your kids then keep looking because this is not the spot. Overcrowding due to lack of hiring is what you will find. Instead of worrying about the good kids the focus is on letting no child being left behind no matter what inappropriate act is done. My child has been removed from this school and will never return..... If you don't really care about your childs education and you are okay with huge behavior issues then please come to New River!!!

New River is a wonderful school where teachers, administrators and other stakeholders see the school not as a place of work, but a place for vocational dedication to our children. I am an extremely happy parents and I will recommend this school all parents

I have two children who go to this school and I think it's great. One of my kids have epilepsy and the other has a.d.h.d and they have really gave them the support that they so long needed. The staff and teachers are great. My children love going to this school.

Our daughter has attended New River since it was first created in 2007, and she loves this school. The teachers and staff really put forth an extra effort to get parents involved in their childrens lives, with hosting numerous educational events throughout the year. The school is a well built new school which recently moved to it's new building in Feb/2008. Our daughter's teacher (Mrs.Martin) is a National Board Certified School Teacher with 21 yrs experience. From the principle on down, we have been thoroughly impressed with all of the staff at this school

I love this school. The teachers really care about the students and all the staff is wonderful. My daughter has learned so much from Ms. Lupo.

Last modified New River Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.