780 students|Brevard

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

The staff in the front office is the worst that I've EVER DEALT WITH!!! I've had to change my child's school more than a few times due to being a military family. They all are absolutely HORRIBLE! They talk down to you and treat you like you're a child! They are LAZY! The amount of times you have to come into the school for registration and bus transportation, registration during work hours only, (meaning from 7:30-3pm, don't expect them to try to help you out and stay a little late or anything cause you are unable to take off work, God forbid they actually would have to stay late...) is absolutely insane!!! They usually have no idea what they are talking about or give you wrong information when you are asking a question. If you ask for further explanation they immediately become defensive and say, "I'm not going to argue with you" or "They say I don't make the rules" this is the worst school and the teachers are also lazy!!! My child's 1st grade teacher was the worst teacher I've seen! My child would finish his work before all the other children and become bored, instead of giving him something more to work on, she would stick his desk in a corner so he would be sitting all by himself with his face staring at the wall because he would start talking to other students. Great way to reward one of your smartest students huh?!? I never once was able to speak to her during or after school. I only met with her once for a parent teacher conference for 15 minutes, she told me she was going to send my child home with materials that I hadn't received from the beginning of the year, big surprise... They were never sent home. I left multiple messages up at the front desk, but I've already gone over how incompetent those women are... I requested to speak to the principal on multiple occasions and was told I would be contacted back and NEVER WAS! I honestly don't know how this school got rated so highly because it is HORRIBLE!!! Thank GOD we will be moving out of this district in the next couple months because if I had to deal with these people for 1 more year I would FLIP OUT ON THEM!!! Also, we are being charged over $100 a semester for my child to ride the bus to school, even though the bus stops 5 houses down from my home and kids that are further down the road don't pay. The teachers and staff have seriously gone down hill. Stay away from this school if you can.

Amount of homework: Agree

As for 2nd grade if read every day and practice their spelling and math I'm ok with that.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

This is by far the worst school I have had to deal with. Not only is the front desk staff incompetent, they are very rude and talk down to you. The teacher my child had in first grade acted like she was bothered to be there, was never able to contact her about anything, would never return my calls.

Amount of homework: Agree

I think the amount of school work is appropriate, (20 mins of reading and spelling for 2nd grade) The only thing that concerns me is that there is no math homework, ever. Since the new math changes I feel like it is important for the parents to be involved with this new learning style instead of keeping it completely separate.

I am extremely happy with the personal concern the teachers have with the students. My son has Mrs. Koeberl and she makes a point about contacting the parent directly with any concerns and to keep things consistent with school and home. My son has gone here for 2 years and was treated well both years. I am very happy with care, and the safety of this school. I would have to agree about the front office though, (which doesn't effect my sons learning/care so I'm not going to give it any less stars) where sometimes you can stand there at the desk, clearly visible to some of the people working, and not be acknowledged for a little while. I do try to keep in mind that they are busy too!

I must agree with the last review. The person attending in the front desk was plain rude most of the time. Because of our recent moving to Florida I went to lunchtime for an hour almost everyday in the second semester, there were teachers and assistant's that treated bad the kids, that made me very sad and concerned, and the reason I kept going to lunchtime, fearing my kids had to go through the same. Although I must say that my 2 kids teachers were great, dedicated and very concern in the students education Also there is much and good involvement on parents behalf. In the downside, my husband and I fill out to be volunteers in March and never got approved (checking every week in the computer and asking ) so we couldn't be part of our children trips. In conclusion, the kids experience and ours as well was not bad, but like in any place, everything is not perfect, but still it can improve, at least the front desk lady/secretary being the first person to receive parents and visitors, should try to be more kind and courteous.

I will NOT be sending my son here next year. The office lady is a NIGHTMARE very rude and impatient. My sons teacher was young and had no experience. Please read all the reviews before sending your child here. They do not get 1 on 1 time..

Meadowlane is blessed to have a caring and dedicated faculty. If a child is recommended for TK1 it is because he or she is bright and has mastered all kindergarten level skills. TK allows a child who is developmentally young the time needed to mature. The demands of school are greater than ever before and there is no benefit to being the youngest child in the class. The benefits of being more mature are too numerous to count. Many teachers make this choice for their own children because of the long term benefits that it offers. TK is a gift of time and a blessing to young children!

My child was recommended for TK1 in April after receiving all 3's out of 4 in every subject all year long. If she wasn't ready to be moved forward, any of her report cards should have told us that. West Melbourne is a great community but unfortunately it is being let down by this school.

Great school! Great teachers! My child is excelling so quickly! I highly recommend this school!

Last modified Meadowlane Primary Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-3