Meadowlane Primary Elementary School 3

Posted August 09, 2014
I must agree with the last review. The person attending in the front desk was plain rude most of the time. Because of our recent moving to Florida I went to lunchtime for an hour almost everyday in the second semester, there were teachers and assistant's that treated bad the kids, that made me very sad and concerned, and the reason I kept going to lunchtime, fearing my kids had to go through the same. Although I must say that my 2 kids teachers were great, dedicated and very concern in the students education Also there is much and good involvement on parents behalf. In the downside, my husband and I fill out to be volunteers in March and never got approved (checking every week in the computer and asking ) so we couldn't be part of our children trips. In conclusion, the kids experience and ours as well was not bad, but like in any place, everything is not perfect, but still it can improve, at least the front desk lady/secretary being the first person to receive parents and visitors, should try to be more kind and courteous.

Posted July 01, 2014
I will NOT be sending my son here next year. The office lady is a NIGHTMARE very rude and impatient. My sons teacher was young and had no experience. Please read all the reviews before sending your child here. They do not get 1 on 1 time..

Posted May 03, 2014
Meadowlane is blessed to have a caring and dedicated faculty. If a child is recommended for TK1 it is because he or she is bright and has mastered all kindergarten level skills. TK allows a child who is developmentally young the time needed to mature. The demands of school are greater than ever before and there is no benefit to being the youngest child in the class. The benefits of being more mature are too numerous to count. Many teachers make this choice for their own children because of the long term benefits that it offers. TK is a gift of time and a blessing to young children!

Posted April 17, 2014
My child was recommended for TK1 in April after receiving all 3's out of 4 in every subject all year long. If she wasn't ready to be moved forward, any of her report cards should have told us that. West Melbourne is a great community but unfortunately it is being let down by this school.

Posted April 01, 2014
Great school! Great teachers! My child is excelling so quickly! I highly recommend this school!

Posted December 13, 2013
The best school in Brevard county. We had a bad experience with a very expensive private school that hired an inefficient teacher that would throw students belongings on the floor. Meadowlane is a safe and nurturing school. We feel truly blessed to be here.

Posted November 05, 2013
Meadowlane Is a JOKE!! 21 kids in a class is way to many for 1 teacher. They are way over rated. The school has about 800 students in only k-2. The majority of the teachers are super young with little experience and NO PATIENCE. Being that I volunteered a lot last year I was able to see the fake picture they put out. I was so excited to have my child at meadowlane I moved into a neighborhood were I pay double in rent just to get an A school. Well A doesn't mean anything. Students r constantly moved after the first month due to over crowding and then they have split classes of K/1. I feel my child is not learning at a level he should be how can he when classes are so big. I've tried to talk to principal and I get know where. . I really wish I could move my child before it hurts his learning!!

Meadowlane Primary Elementary School 3

Posted March 15, 2012
Our experience wasn't so great. First grading came & teacher already made her mind up, My son was going to repeat kindergarten even after all the work we have done it wasn't enough because her mind was set already, he was going to repeat. She made the same decision for the other students in class in the beginning of school year, others going to TK1 and repeating. She never gave any of the kids a chance to show what they can do because her mind was made already. We move and was glad that we did because my son move to a new school. The teacher recommended my son for TK1 since she didn't have enough time with her and so far she said he was doing good. He only had 20 days with the new teacher & the teacher saw he was improving.Not to mention she had behavior issues with other kids and my son was constantly being bullied by another kid in her class and she never told me about it. My son finally told me a kid would use his head as a ball going back and forth on the kids hand. Too big of a school, it feels like walmart version... West Melbourne is a great place to live it just sucks that your only option is Meadowlane. A lot of young new teacher & only few teacher w/ years of experience.

Meadowlane Primary Elementary School 4

Posted November 02, 2010
We are new to the area. Our daughter attended a Catholic School in another state which as result of her class size, and father's military deployment she is now struggling academically. I am often at her school and working hard to help my daughter obtain the necessary skills to help her succeed. I am very happy with her 1st grade teacher Mrs. Steger for always communicating with me about my daughters progress and academic areas to focus on.

Posted May 25, 2010
Grrr.... I wrote a follow-up to a review I'd written previously and Great Schools ate my original review, which explained why and how much I love this school. Don't have time to rewrite my original review, but just wanted to chime in on how fantastic Meadowlane is. Though a big school, it feels small. We considered Holy Trinity and tried to get in to the WM School for Science before deciding to send our kids here, and after a year, there's no way I'd send them anywhere else. We love Meadowlane!!!!

Meadowlane Primary Elementary School
2800 Wingate Boulevard, West Melbourne, FL  32904
Last modified Meadowlane Primary Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-3
Meadowlane Primary Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top