West Melbourne, FL
Students enrolled: 1,277

Posted October 14, 2013
Central is okay, I'm in the MYP program and I don't think I can last longer. The MYP teachers give way too much homework for me to handle. I play sports, and I know that school comes first, but having to stay up until 1-3 in the morning, even when I don't have practice is ridiculous. I secretly struggle with depression & self-harm, & this school is stressing me out. Teachers don't realize that some students are collapsing under the pressure they have put on them to succeed. Some teachers are just rude embarrass you in front of people without thinking. I also have like, 5 minutes to eat lunch everyday. There are 3 normal, a snack (rarely) & a line where you can buy other food everyday, and they're way too long, and I want time to eat my food. They also have bad requirements for MYP. I don't want to take Spanish until High School, yet I HAVE to take it, which I don't think is fair. There's lots of unnecessary rules that don't keep us any safer. Overall, I don't enjoy central. (7th grader)

Central Middle School 3

Posted August 12, 2013
I am a former student of Central Middle School. As far as i know its a decent school. The students that attend this school are rebellious and act out in rash manners however there are some really nice one. It really just depends on the groups of students you surround yourself with. A lot of physical fights occur mainly from rumors and he say she say.The fights are very very violent . The teachers that work there are okay. I don"t know that for all the teachers but personally for mine , i wish they were more involved and motivational. great dance and cheer program. WARNING : the food is not the best

Posted April 14, 2010
I am a substitute teacher for grades 2-12 in Brevard Cy, FL and have served at this school more than any other. From a bad administrative rating four years ago, CMS has made a dramatic improvement. The administrative team is now excellent. There are many superb teachers who have been at CMS for years and stay on. I teach at at least 75 schools within my county. I vote for Central MS and support it fully.

Posted March 06, 2010
Central rocks. period. It provides great teachers who go above and beyond to help students succeed, and a great administration.

Posted May 09, 2009
I love central, i think it is not as safe as you would think but i love it and I cant wait for 8th grade! I would have to disagree with needing a new principle. Mrs. Mitchell is a wonderful principle but I do think we need a new dean, hes not very pleasent!!!! But other than that ,I love central and I always will!

Posted April 17, 2009

Central Middle School 4

Posted August 14, 2008

Central Middle School 1

Posted July 30, 2008

Posted June 24, 2008
I believe this school needs leadership and a new attendance person. There are so many things that need fixed with the class's they are teaching it only the FCAT then after that then its movies and coloring sheet,

Posted April 16, 2008

Central Middle School
2600 Wingate Boulevard, West Melbourne, FL  32904
Last modified Central Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Central Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top