1,237 students|Brevard

Bad
Good

The staff is amazing and always willing to work for the students to be successful.

Central is okay, I'm in the MYP program and I don't think I can last longer. The MYP teachers give way too much homework for me to handle. I play sports, and I know that school comes first, but having to stay up until 1-3 in the morning, even when I don't have practice is ridiculous. I secretly struggle with depression & self-harm, & this school is stressing me out. Teachers don't realize that some students are collapsing under the pressure they have put on them to succeed. Some teachers are just rude embarrass you in front of people without thinking. I also have like, 5 minutes to eat lunch everyday. There are 3 normal, a snack (rarely) & a line where you can buy other food everyday, and they're way too long, and I want time to eat my food. They also have bad requirements for MYP. I don't want to take Spanish until High School, yet I HAVE to take it, which I don't think is fair. There's lots of unnecessary rules that don't keep us any safer. Overall, I don't enjoy central. (7th grader)

I am a former student of Central Middle School. As far as i know its a decent school. The students that attend this school are rebellious and act out in rash manners however there are some really nice one. It really just depends on the groups of students you surround yourself with. A lot of physical fights occur mainly from rumors and he say she say.The fights are very very violent . The teachers that work there are okay. I don"t know that for all the teachers but personally for mine , i wish they were more involved and motivational. great dance and cheer program. WARNING : the food is not the best

I am a substitute teacher for grades 2-12 in Brevard Cy, FL and have served at this school more than any other. From a bad administrative rating four years ago, CMS has made a dramatic improvement. The administrative team is now excellent. There are many superb teachers who have been at CMS for years and stay on. I teach at at least 75 schools within my county. I vote for Central MS and support it fully.

Central rocks. period. It provides great teachers who go above and beyond to help students succeed, and a great administration.

I love central, i think it is not as safe as you would think but i love it and I cant wait for 8th grade! I would have to disagree with needing a new principle. Mrs. Mitchell is a wonderful principle but I do think we need a new dean, hes not very pleasent!!!! But other than that ,I love central and I always will!

I believe this school needs leadership and a new attendance person. There are so many things that need fixed with the class's they are teaching it only the FCAT then after that then its movies and coloring sheet,

Central needs a new principal. The school needs someone who is in charge of her school, not the other way around. The principal needs to listen to the parents concerns and ideas, not just ignore the parents. Without parent involvement, the school would be in more trouble. There are way too many fights taking place in this school. They need more resource officers. Something needs to be done. Also, teachers should teach out of the textbooks. They can't just teach the children whatever they want. All 6th grade, 7th grade and 8th grade teachers need to be basically on the same page when it comes to teaching students.If a child has a problem with an assignment, the parent should be able to help them out or a tutor.If parents don't know what the teachers are teaching them, that's a problem. There is a huge safety problem. Need more extracurricular activities.

I love central middle school. It is the best school I have ever been to!!!!

I believe Central is one of the worst middle schools in Central Florida. I believe the Principal should not have her job. I believe this school should be checked out further, because I do not believe the Superintendent is actually getting a true account of how many fights and issues there are in that school. I believe most of the issues are pushed under the rug. They need more qualified teachers, more resource officers and a new Principal/Deans. With the high taxes, this school should be better. The teachers do not teach out of a book, they teach the students whatever they want, all the teachers are teaching totally different things, very hard for tutors/parents to help out.

Last modified Central Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.