Public charter
West Melbourne, FL

Posted December 17, 2012
My daughter has a Monterssori back ground, so I was happy to find this school when we moved to the Melbourne area. My daughter's class had 2 teachers with 25 students in her class. Only one teacher was montessori certified. When my daughter was having difficulty with some of the students in her class ,I approached the principle for guidance. Rather than looking into the situation, she suggested I find another school. I never expected that response from a school principle. For that reason I can not recommend this school.

Posted January 24, 2011
I was not very happy with my daughters prior school. I called discussed my concerns with Mrs. Leslie and Mrs. Tapp-Principal. They gave me an appt. asap and their full attention. Since my daughter is in the 1st grade the adjustment from going from a public school to a very small school was minimal. My daughter loves staying in one specific classroom and not moving around from classes to classes as she did for reading groups, music, art etc. The elective teachers visit her specific class. So far its been 3 weeks and I am so happy with my decision. My daughter now really likes to go to school and I feel will make so much progress academically since the Montessori style is so much Hands On. Thank you to Mrs. Tapp for accepting my daughter mid year, Suggestion to future visitors, focus more on the individual attention your child and your family receives, that in my opinion makes up for the "luxury and material setting" of a larger school. What is also great is that this school follows the Fl. Sunshine State guidelines, and regulations, Charter which means no cost and in my opinion the teaching is equivalent to the rated 9 public school my daughter was at prior.

Posted February 10, 2009
The staff and teachers are very polite and mean well but in my opinion, this school is not a good fit if you have a child who is gifted or has any kind of special needs.

Posted January 07, 2008

Posted March 23, 2007

Posted August 14, 2006
My daughter has attented this school and it's counter part for over 3 years. This year we have chosen to move to the larger school in attempts bring forth a different experience, now I am on my hands and knees begging to come back. This charter school is one of the best educational programs in town. My child is safe and is the staff's top prioity. In so many schools your child is one of 1000's But here at Educational Horizons I know she is one of 100's and I know she is getting one on one attention and is able to work with in a group of well behaved and attentive children. This school rates high on our list, with out a dought. The personal touch, the responsiveness, and the overall attention both child and parent recieves is well worth all the tea in China.

Educational Horizons Charter School 4

Posted May 24, 2006
Montessori is great. I love it.

Educational Horizons Charter School 3

Posted January 05, 2006
The Montessori approach appealed to me, but now I think it may be difficult for a child to transition into after a standard teaching style. My children came from a school with a traditional approach, and Montessori seems to give them too much freedom (to not do their work). Additionally, entertainment movies are shown weekly in the classrooms (Nightmare Before Christmas, Haunted Mansion to name a couple) while educational films are rarely shown. The current principle and teachers are not 'on the same page'. My kids love it there, but I'm less than impressed. We will be making a change next year.

Posted November 03, 2005
I love this school and so does my son. We just moved here last year and we found it so much better then the schools we had in Michigan.

Posted September 06, 2005

Educational Horizons Charter School
1281 South Wickham Road, West Melbourne, FL  32904
Last modified Educational Horizons Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Educational Horizons Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top