100 students|Brevard

Bad
Good

My two boys have been attending this school for 3 years, and my third boy will join them in kindergarten next year. I am so satisfied with this school and my kids are so happy there. My oldest is in 2nd/3rd with Ms. Bull and Mrs. Jantomaso, he loves his teachers and his classroom, and he tells me that everyday. The whole school staff is great, friendly and helpful. I would recommend this school.

My daughter has a Monterssori back ground, so I was happy to find this school when we moved to the Melbourne area. My daughter's class had 2 teachers with 25 students in her class. Only one teacher was montessori certified. When my daughter was having difficulty with some of the students in her class ,I approached the principle for guidance. Rather than looking into the situation, she suggested I find another school. I never expected that response from a school principle. For that reason I can not recommend this school.

I was not very happy with my daughters prior school. I called discussed my concerns with Mrs. Leslie and Mrs. Tapp-Principal. They gave me an appt. asap and their full attention. Since my daughter is in the 1st grade the adjustment from going from a public school to a very small school was minimal. My daughter loves staying in one specific classroom and not moving around from classes to classes as she did for reading groups, music, art etc. The elective teachers visit her specific class. So far its been 3 weeks and I am so happy with my decision. My daughter now really likes to go to school and I feel will make so much progress academically since the Montessori style is so much Hands On. Thank you to Mrs. Tapp for accepting my daughter mid year, Suggestion to future visitors, focus more on the individual attention your child and your family receives, that in my opinion makes up for the "luxury and material setting" of a larger school. What is also great is that this school follows the Fl. Sunshine State guidelines, and regulations, Charter which means no cost and in my opinion the teaching is equivalent to the rated 9 public school my daughter was at prior.

The staff and teachers are very polite and mean well but in my opinion, this school is not a good fit if you have a child who is gifted or has any kind of special needs.

Last modified Educational Horizons Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.