PK-8|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

CCA is an exceptional school with Christian values, which my four children learn about on a daily basis. I am so pleased with the teachers and the academics at CCA. It is such a wonderful balance, which prepared my son for high school this year! He is enrolled in all Honors classes in 9th grade. While at CCA, he earned three high school credits in Algebra 1, Geometry and Spanish. My children have made wonderful friendships and love attending the school. We have been very happy with the whole experience at CCA.
June 15, 2015

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Beautiful and kind administration, leaders and teachers but a great need for embracement of diversity in the classrooms. It was apparent that parents aren't teaching their kids at home how to play and socialize with others of a different background/race/culture and it is a sad thing to see at a place that teaches the love of God.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Every one of our daughters teachers has left a very strong impression on her. We have even seen positive character traits come out of her that were clearly taught and encouraged by her teacher.

Let's start with the good...the facilities. Beautiful school and church. My kids enjoy chapel and learning about the bible. Many teachers are beautiful Christians and their love of the Lord shines through. Parents are required to serve 20 volunteer hours or pay a fine....love this. All schools should do this. Now the bad...... #1 - COMMON CORE....what a complete nightmare and a huge mistake for a Christian school to use this secular curriculum...and as a previous review stated....the poor teachers hate it and do not know how to teach the crazy math #2 - High turnover of teachers....most have not been there very long...this speaks volumes in itself #3 - Blatant Teacher favoritism.....one teacher actually gave a young student a gift bag with goodies in front of all the other students because he was a good boy for a few days and didn't act out.......really?!?! Most of these kids are very good everyday and don't receive any recognition. Other kids repeatedly receive fruit of the spirit awards in chapel when it is not deserved and other students are more deserving. #4 - Boys don't get to use the beautiful gym for PE.....only girls....very unfair. Boys have to waste time walking across the street to the parking lot to play. Although when it is extremely hot they will let the boys play inside. #5 - Some of the office people are very rude....this is quite common in public schools but when you are paying thousands in tuition a little courtesy would be appreciated. It can get stressful spending a good portion of your paycheck on private school. #6 - In order to keep up with other schools, more student technology learning experiences needs to be added....ipads, chromebooks, etc. They need to be learning this earlier. This school has so much potential....even though my children will not be returning next year we will still be attending the church. But my final parting words and biggest reason for removing child from this school...COMMON CORE!!!!!! Get rid of it....does not belong in a Christian institution of learning!

The teachers and faculty genuinely care for the students and their education. My son loves this school and loves that he can pray and talk about Jesus with his friends.

My oldest son attended CCA and now my youngest son is a student here. We are so grateful for the loving, nurturing environment CCA provides.

Develops character: no rating

- a school leader
I believe honesty, integrity, and fairness is instilled in the students by all teachers and staff as part of their school mission.

- a school leader

My children have been attending CCA for two years and this year will be the last. We are paying thousands of dollars a year for a public school common core curriculum in math and language arts, which is definitely NOT BIBLICALLY BASED. We tried to be open minded and give this curriculum a chance. But unfortunately the teachers aren't properly trained in teaching it and the students and parents hate. We have had many tearful homework nights. Why am I paying our hard-earned money for public school with chapel? Complaints from many about the curriculum have fallen on deaf ears. You would think they would listen to the parents who are paying for their children's education and donating to the school!! We will be putting our children in one of the MANY Brevard county Christian schools that do not utilize common core for the 15-16 school year. The school also needs to hold family type activities which focus on school spirit and unity. Also, the school is lacking in communication with parents. Our kids will miss their friends and this school has many wonderfully dedicated teachers. But after much prayer, we have come to the conclusion that this is not the best school for our children.

This is my sons second year at CCA and things were going great until this year when my sons mom and I entered into a custody battle. I am unsure of what she has told the school but they will not let me into the school, the principal refuses to meet with me, refuses to speak to my lawyer, they refuse to let me have lunch with my son and the school refuses to abide by the visitation order impeding my ability to see my son and be a dad and. I have never felt so much disappointment toward a school that does what they want to and refuses to follow the order. The school only contacts his mother if something happens to my son, they refuse to contact me. At this point it's time to take my son out of this school and send him to a school that does not take sides during a custody battle.

This school has been such a wonderful experience for the whole family! Everything I care about, they take very serious and operate in a professional manner. The relationships we have in this school are priceless!

Last modified Calvary Chapel Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8