West Melbourne, FL

School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

CCA is an exceptional school with Christian values, which my four children learn about on a daily basis. I am so pleased with the teachers and the academics at CCA. It is such a wonderful balance, which prepared my son for high school this year! He is enrolled in all Honors classes in 9th grade. While at CCA, he earned three high school credits in Algebra 1, Geometry and Spanish. My children have made wonderful friendships and love attending the school. We have been very happy with the whole experience at CCA.
June 15, 2015

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 07, 2015
Every one of our daughters teachers has left a very strong impression on her. We have even seen positive character traits come out of her that were clearly taught and encouraged by her teacher.

Develops respect: Agree

Posted July 07, 2015
Discipline is enforced and good behavior is expected by all students. Our child knows the rules clearly and is careful to follow them.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted July 07, 2015
This is one of the school's greatest strengths. They reward good behavior and kindness - even have rewards for students caught in the act of caring/ helping another student.

Calvary Chapel Academy 1

Posted June 30, 2015
Let's start with the good...the facilities. Beautiful school and church. My kids enjoy chapel and learning about the bible. Many teachers are beautiful Christians and their love of the Lord shines through. Parents are required to serve 20 volunteer hours or pay a fine....love this. All schools should do this. Now the bad...... #1 - COMMON CORE....what a complete nightmare and a huge mistake for a Christian school to use this secular curriculum...and as a previous review stated....the poor teachers hate it and do not know how to teach the crazy math #2 - High turnover of teachers....most have not been there very long...this speaks volumes in itself #3 - Blatant Teacher favoritism.....one teacher actually gave a young student a gift bag with goodies in front of all the other students because he was a good boy for a few days and didn't act out.......really?!?! Most of these kids are very good everyday and don't receive any recognition. Other kids repeatedly receive fruit of the spirit awards in chapel when it is not deserved and other students are more deserving. #4 - Boys don't get to use the beautiful gym for PE.....only girls....very unfair. Boys have to waste time walking across the street to the parking lot to play. Although when it is extremely hot they will let the boys play inside. #5 - Some of the office people are very rude....this is quite common in public schools but when you are paying thousands in tuition a little courtesy would be appreciated. It can get stressful spending a good portion of your paycheck on private school. #6 - In order to keep up with other schools, more student technology learning experiences needs to be added....ipads, chromebooks, etc. They need to be learning this earlier. This school has so much potential....even though my children will not be returning next year we will still be attending the church. But my final parting words and biggest reason for removing child from this school...COMMON CORE!!!!!! Get rid of it....does not belong in a Christian institution of learning!

Calvary Chapel Academy 5

Posted June 15, 2015
The teachers and faculty genuinely care for the students and their education. My son loves this school and loves that he can pray and talk about Jesus with his friends.

Calvary Chapel Academy 5

Posted June 15, 2015
My oldest son attended CCA and now my youngest son is a student here. We are so grateful for the loving, nurturing environment CCA provides.
2 people found this helpful

Develops respect: no rating

- a school leader
I believe respect is instilled in the students by all teachers and staff as part of their school mission.

Develops empathy: no rating

- a school leader
I believe compassion, caring, and empathy is instilled in the students by all teachers and staff as part of their school mission.

Develops honesty: no rating

- a school leader
I believe honesty, integrity, and fairness is instilled in the students by all teachers and staff as part of their school mission.

2955 Minton Road, West Melbourne, FL  32904
Last modified Calvary Chapel Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Calvary Chapel Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top