929 students|Palm Beach

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Amount of homework: Disagree

Really, every weekend including holidays the kids have assignments. We do things on weekends especially holidays.

Just...bad...Moving my child to a charter school. When the teachers even say the way they are forced to teach is wrong, time to leave. Stories of 4 th graders being pulled out of classes by cops for placing children's games, principal had no idea the child was pulled out. Stories of kids being placed at lunch tables alone for "talking". List goes on.

My children have been going to PJ since they were in Kindergarten. My daughter is entering 5th grade, my son is going into 3rd grade. In general I have been very pleased with my children's education and growth at PJ. My daughter has always had a positive experience being in the Higher Learning classes and her teachers have pushed them and have had high expectations of all of the children. My son has had great experiences also. The teachers are caring and Principal Somers is available and approachable. When I felt that my son's 2nd grade teacher was not following through on some basic expectations such as not giving homework consistently, checking his agenda timely or responding to my messages, and I requested a meeting with the Principal, the situation was immediately rectified. I am happy with PJ. This is surely a great school!

What can I say about this school. The school is amazing. The staff, teachers and the pta make my children's experience epic and unforgetable . The school is on a 135 acres and the students make trips to our nature preserve and learn hands on. They have a hydro ponic garden and grow fruits and vegtables, as well as a water ponic tank.The teachers are always avialable and staff is always polite. Children actually love to go to.school. The pta has a lot of events for family involvement such as All Pro Dads, Bingo for books, STEM night, Enchanted Forest, Strawberry Festival to name a few. For a school that is only 5 years old.it hhas won National, State and county awards as well as its teacher.

I loved this school with all my heart. They will help your children improve on everything, but they sometimes like to spoil your children. And one more thing this school every year its getting more ratchet as my son will say.

I love how PJES administration and faculty emphasize exceptional behavior among the students. Students are very engaged. My son is always looking forward to another at school. I have never heard a single complaint from him.

I have two sons who attend PJES and it is a great school. It is very clean and science oriented. The teachers have been been really good and enthusiastic. The electives wheel gives kids a chance to take several different classes. FCAT scores are really good for a Title I school, but the curriculum isn't just FCAT test prep like at many schools. My boys go on 4-5 field trips each year, and there are many events for the whole family like the Strawberry Festival, STEM night, Book Bingo night etc.

My daughters love this school. The teachers are wonderful, the school itself is amazing with all of the environmental aspects. My older daughter has been there since day one and will be in the first graduating fifth grade class. They have never complained about going to school and both are doing exceptionally well. We are so lucky to call this school ours!!

My son has been going to this school since inception. He LOVES it. By incorporating "go Green" into the curriculum, the children are learning a deeper appreciation for our Mother Earth. Reduce, Reuse, Recycle are common words used in our household. I highly recommend this school to anyone living within it's district. The teachers are wonderful!!

My daughter gets home from school and says AWESOME everyday. She is very excited to be there. She is learning alot, not to mention staying Green. I think one of the best schools in Palm Beach County PERIOD!

Last modified Pine Jog Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.