777 students|Palm Beach

Bad
Good

We have been extremely pleased with Northboro for our son, and our daughter will be attending next year as a PK3. The school has a culture of togetherness that runs across its various grade levels, races and socio-economic backgrounds. The administration provides plentiful opportunities for feedback and discourse, and clearly cares for all the children. I've never seen the principal and assistant principal fail to come up with a name on the spot for a child, and there are about 800 enrolled. They are out on the line for drop-off and pick-up greeting the students - everyone pitches in and is engaged in the school's mission. We love Northboro!

I'm the parent of a second grader and I couldn't be more pleased! I recently had some concerns about my daughters progression in reading. Her teacher did a great job of explaining her running record and giving me resources on how to better work with her on developing her fluency and comprehension(she taught me a lot). I have to also say the office staff is very friendly and helpful, everyone seems to really care about the students and their academic success. I couldn't be happier!

It is taking students more than three (3) years to get an IEP at this school. Very slow to respond. Issues of bulling on campus and on the bus. Students are afraid to report bulling. Some young inexperienced teachers on staff who don't know how to handle inclusion. Sad thing is that the school can not be call "negligent" under the law.

My son was a student at Northboro and I must say this is a dynamic school. He was challenged by hhis teachers, received help when needed and it showed in his academics. He left and went into the gifted program which was due to the excellence in teaching he received while being a student there. The teachers were very helpful and involved, the principal was caring and I love the diversity in the students and staff. It was the perfect start for my son.

Northboro Elementary was a great school when I placed my daughter there three years ago. She will be going to the third grade this year, but I am not highly impressed with the staff at this time. I don't feel that they promote or encourage much interaction with the parents, except for wanting them to volunteer on the PTO. It seems as if you have to beg to get a conference or a returned email or telephone call back from them. I am also not pleased with their attendance policy. They are over-dramatic about tardiness. I was told that if your child is not inside of the classroom when the door closes at 8:00, they are marked tardy. That to me is utterly ridiculous! I feel that they should give students at least a 3-5 minute window period AFTER 8:00 before they begin marking off the attendance. The new principal seems nice, but the assistant principal seems to always have something stuck up her you know what and is very negative. Bottom line, their teachers are not performing up to the hype of the school's "exclusiveness".

I have not been very impressed with the teachers at Northboro for the past two years. I try to be a very involved parent through e-mails, in order to keep a line of communication between myself and my childs teachers but such actions are not very receptive. You would think that a teacher would encourage parents inquiring about their child. I am considering moving my child at the end of the school year. The school has a new principal now. I hope the non-open door environment will change. Not very impressed with the Assistant principal at all.

My child had a hard time adjusting and the teacher was not very helpful. Even though my child will be promoted, I feel that enough was not done to help my child. This schools way of teaching has yet to impress me. I may simply change schools which will be of inconvenience to me.

The school has a very inclusive program which I truly appreciate and the students benefit from greatly.

Although Northboro moved from one building an dtown to another this year, the adminisration and teachers didn't miss a beat. My child was academically challenged from the first day until the last. Northboro is a great school with a dedicated staff. Our family has been with the school for over 9 years and we are looking forward to year 10.

My daughter has attended this school since age 4 and it has been a Godsend! The teachers and principal are WONDERFUL! They care about their students and it shows. My daughter has scored thru the roof on the FCAT each year taken and writes her own short stories. She is now working on writing her own book! THANK YOU MRS. GRIFFIN!!! Her math skills are also off the charts. She also began learning playing the clarinet at age 7 at the school and now plays at an advanced high school level. My four year old was just accepted and I absolutely will not send her to any other school. I cant believe that this school is only rated a 5. If you want to send your child to a school where the teachers will love them as much as you do then please choose Northboro

Last modified Northboro Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.