1,081 students|Palm Beach

Bad
Good

There are major bullying problems. My Daughter does not want to ride the bus now.

My children attended RMS, one in Pre-engineering and one in Pre-med. They never had any interpersonal problems, did not complain of bullying, and made positive relationships in the school. There are several caring and involved teachers, Ms. Camacho, Ms. Labar, Ms. Spence, and Mr. LaVogue in particular. Not at all impressed with Mr. Pollard, the principal, or the Guidance department. Received a lot of lip-service and not action from interactions with these particular people, and also received misinformation, which was disappointing. Don't expect much help from them if you have a student who's a good kid/student and not a troublemaker. The orientation prior to school starting was embarrassing--pretty sad when the AP who is trying to address the crowd of parents has to chide the parents to pipe down and pay attention. Not a big fan of the code red lockdowns that happened frequently as well. My son loved the Pre-engineering program though, and misses the good friends he made while at RMS. My daughter misses her favorite teachers and a small handful of friends, but they are both happy and thriving at their current school.

I currently go to Roosevelt middle school, and I am going into the eighth-grade. Roosevelt middle school is not as bad as people think, but there is a huge bullying problem there. People make fun of me because of my skin color(even though I think were all the same skin color I'm just a little bit darker). Every time I tell a teacher or administrative my problem or my issue they don't do anything about it. Also the students that Roosevelt have very poor behavior. The teachers and administrators at Roosevelt do not praise the kids they get straight A's or all 4's in conduct, but they praise the poor behavior kids if they get a C which I think is ridiculous. On the bright side most of the teachers there are very great and care about us students. If I were to give Roosevelt rate on a scale of 1 to 10 I would give it a 6. Thanks for reading.

I go to Roosevelt Middle school and I'm a student. To start things off, I would have to say that the school is horrible. I get bullied because i'm a atheist. The teachers there are some ignorant, slick-rapping people. The principal doesn't know how to do his job correctly. The students there are just bad. Thier tone is so ATROCIOUS when they are talking. I am a 7th grader and I would wish the new people in thier endeaver that are going to go to the school. I assure everyone that might go to the school that it isn't going to be very fun.

RMS is an amazing school with its Pre-Med, Engineering, Technology, and Environmental Science Programs, but there is an amazing amount of inappropriate language and constant BULLYING by the students! I guess the parents are not talking to their kids. There are some great teachers there because they try to made sure you get your work done, and they have a caring attitude towards the students. This school is great if you have decided on what you want to do in college, but you just have to have tough skin to go there, because kids constantly make fun of you for the smallest thing.

I LOVE THIS SCHOOL FOR MY DAUGHTHER ROSEY HA;LIBURTON SHE DID NOT WANT TO LEAVE. TO ME I KNOW THE TEACHER LOVE WORKING WITH KIDS THE BEST WAY THEY CAN I IF SHE COULD GO BACK SHE WOULD NEVER LEAVE

I just started going to this school in seventh grade, and I'm wishing that I can get out. I only came to this school for the Pre-Medical program. My last school, Bob Graham Education Center is better than this. The children bully you, and every day i see at least two violent fights in the hallway, along with spots of blood. Last time I got penalized for bringing and eating McDonalds. I'M STILL MAD BECAUSE I CAN EAT WHATEVER I WANT. This students are just plain ghetto, and I barely see a smile when I pas through the halls. I got put into a course that I'm too advanced for! On the other hand, this school has great counselors (They need it) and great after school and magnet programs. But they really need some work on the building itself and the kids. I have so many complaints. Thank God I have good friends there. I just hope i can get through the school year without a bloody nose.

were going to rms next week im in 8th grade and my brothers in 6th . with all these reviews on the bullying were kinda scared to go ? we get along with almost anyone and were really nice should we go ? whats the dress code ?

I feel as if Roosevelt Middle is a great school BUT kids can be rude arrogant and mean they love to hype things up and instagate or be in fights, im always being bothered by others its mostly as if whoever you are you cannot stay away from the bullying and drama because its always coming to you although a high rate of bullying it is academically great, but i also believe we should be rewarded for good behavior and academics instead of previliages being taken away as an 8th grader i always wanted to seee some type of change But the kids are always going to be the same as far as I see it.

My son is in the 6th grade ENVIROMENTAL Science program. the teachers are really supportive. but the bullying in that school is pothetic note to all parents:PLEASE TALK TO YOUR CHILDREN ABOUT BULLYING to make sure they are not doing it. my son is getting every single day and administration is being notify but there is only so much they can do I guess.

Last modified Roosevelt Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.