West Palm Beach, FL
Students enrolled: 1,997

Forest Hill Community High School 4

Posted July 23, 2013
New principal, new staff!! For the last year this school has been making great strides!!! Give it another two years and it will be one of the top high schools in the area. Ms. Stratos' leadership will raise that school to the level it needs to be and beyond!

Forest Hill Community High School 1

Posted December 21, 2012
One of the most incompetent, unorganized schools in South Fl. The staff speaks virtually no English and have NO IDEA what they're doing. Not to mention that the majority of the teachers are inexperienced and ignorant.
2 people found this helpful

Forest Hill Community High School 2

Posted November 18, 2012
Academically the school is good but, I am very disappointed in lack of sport funding. The wrestling team has great potential but hardly enough school funding, if any. Recently at wrestling tournament and felt embarrased for our team because all the other schools had a lot more money invested in their teams and it showed. It's really a shame. The coach and team deserve more assistance from the school. After all, it is an olympic sport. If I knew this ahead of time I might have chosen another school for my son.

Posted June 01, 2011
I m moving to West Palm Beach and I have 2 sons going to 10th and 12th grades. I would like to learn more about your school. Miguel Alarcon PARENT

Posted January 28, 2010
The only reason I stay at Forest Hill is because of the wonderful JROTC and Hospitality program.

Posted November 07, 2009
I love Forest Hill High School. It is the best school ever. I would not go to any other school. I take advantage of every opportunity at school and am involved in sports and a million extra curriculars. The clubs at school are countless and include everything from the Japanese Club to Aspira. The JROTC program rocks!

Posted October 29, 2009
i think this school is really good because of the rotc program they have.

Forest Hill Community High School 4

Posted October 28, 2009
I attended this school (alum 06) and so did my mother (alum 76). This school gave me the proper skills I needed to excel in College and graduated magna cum laude. The only thing I wish this school offered was more AP classes.

Posted May 30, 2009
What people fail to realize is that Forest Hill is an urban school that face disadvantages from the get-go. A portion the Student body is comprised of a lot of immigrants that do not speak English, students having to provide for their families, and students how come to school for free lunch or because their parents force them. Then you have the majority that actually that come to school for the benefits of a good education that are over shadowed by the few bad apples. With those overwhelming obstacles, the school receives numerous accolades each year; such as being named as one of the top 1 percent of schools in the nation for two straight years. Beating out schools like Royal Palm and Wellington, and numerous others who didn t even make the list. This school has a lot to offer; IB, Environmental Science Academy, Engineering Academy, Culinary Arts Academy, J.R.O.T.C.

Posted May 30, 2009
(contiuation)and the Tourism and Hospitality Academy. That stated I think one of the best things about the Hill is it s faculty! The faculty goes over and beyond what the state/district requires and what most parents expect of them. Some of the best teachers at the school are: Mrs. Saarela- Student Government and AP Government, Mr. Jourgensen- Journalism/Communications, Mr. Stoieff- Social studies/Law, Ms. Lazier- AP literature, and Dr. Holt- (who is sadly retiring) AP Human Geography/ AP literature. I think what will make this school better is if more parents get involved, which will in return get students involved. All this school needs is more school spirit, better sports involvement, and some support from its community. These where some of the best years of my life (Class of 09!) and I hope that more people will enjoy this school as much as I did. GO FALCONS! -Alex J.

6901 Parker Avenue, West Palm Beach, FL  33405
Last modified Forest Hill Community High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Forest Hill Community High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 50 reviews. Top