1,098 students|Palm Beach

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

If you call sending 25 pages of Science home for a kindergartener efficient. That didn't include her Spanish home of 5 pages front and back

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

When you have a child in the class who's constantly kicking, punch, and treating other students and there's no consequences. the child will continue this behave and it won't get better. I asked for my child to me removed from the class and they rejected my request. They also didn't want to deal with another bully because her mom worked for the school bored. I don't care if your mother is the president you don't get to bully anyones child.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

If the principle can't show her face or treat parents right. How do you expect the teachers too ?

Develops character: Neutral

Ms. Linder is a guidance counselor who does instill great qualities and the children.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

If they were effective my child would be reading. I had my child tested for a learning disability because the school would have taken months to do it. My child scores above average IQ and yet she's bearly reading

This is a complete joke starting with the principle. If you have a complaint she'll put of contacting you as long as possible, even a month. Also this school rewards the kids with behavioral problems with cookies and candys. My child and her friends have been punch , slapped, kicked by another student in their class and NOTHING has been done. Dress code, there's no dress code so don't bother buying the close required. They don't care what your child is dressed in as long as they have clothes on. Also you would think the dual language program is an amazing program. WRONG !!! This only works when you have the right teachers. My child got an awful English teacher who spoke to them more in Spanish than English and she cares more about arts and craft than teacher her class how to read. Therefore my child is advanced in Spanish and not English. Dropping off and picking up is also an issue. You have parents walking in front of cars thinking the own the road. I'm surprised boo es been hit by a car this year. Parents start lining up at noon in the car pool line. If you do have a problem the only person in the school with the balls to show their face is the vice principal !!! Overall the school is a joke faculty doesn't know what their doing half the time. Myself as a parent have had to tell faculty the rules and it's my first year at this school. This school also asked for money left and right donation, field trip, pictures,and state for thwy swnd home to sale. At the rate this school asks for money I might as well put my child in a private school or charter school. Other parents have told me about teachers calling kids dumb and yelling in their faces. I have seen this first hand of teachers yelling in kids faces and the principal, will just "well I don't just hire anyone". Clearly she does, she's been at the school 2 years now and the problems started to surfaces when she became principal. Go Figure!!!

I had to take my kids out of their old school because of bullying. This school I feel has young energetic teachers and staff and this school also care and think alot about the kids. The kids actually get to do stuff, like gardening and science projects etc.. The fact that it's bilingual is a plus as well. You're welcome to eat lunch everyday if you wanted to. Every week it's something they have going on to do at the school with the kids. Dances, shows etc. It's a great school wish I would of put my kids here earlier. :/

Seems like a nice school but not completely happy with a few things as of now. The workload my child comes home with.... Almost nothing. The homework brought is material learnes last year from prior school and therefore completed in less than 5 min. So as a parent I am just a little disappointed but my child seems to genuinely be happy so far. Also as non Florida native ...God forbid you ask about a rain policy ... Talk about making a parent feel stupid especially since if it does rain the students aren't let out right away... Just needed clarification on procedures. Lets see what end of school year brings.

My son is in Kindergarten , is his first year in Berkshire E..School. I am very greatful with the teacher of my son because always is there to help my kid.

Some good teachers. Can be a lot better. Is better this year than before but still under any parent expectations.

Last modified Berkshire Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.